Incident on Jets' team flight sealed Quinton Coples' ouster?

Buldawg

Do you know that the guy who was the "Clock management  Coach"  under Herm held the same exact position with the Jets under Bill Parcells ?  I know why Herm failed with the Chiefs, but like I said, his record speaks for itself and everything else is just excuses or blame placement.  

Vermin Edwards sucked  as head coach. You either don't understand football or you are too young to remember. 

What about Bowles he too had a chance to fix him and play him at his natural position.

You want to pay a backup defensive lineman 8 million dollars next year when Ivory, Snacks, and Wilk are all free agents? It wasn't only a fit decision it was a financial one too. 

I don't think Bowles could fix him here because of the lack of OLB talent they had to keep him there. Defensive line is stacked right now and the weakness was linebacker. He was almost forced to play him out of position because of the ineptitude of the previous regime. 

You want to pay a backup defensive lineman 8 million dollars next year when Ivory, Snacks, and Wilk are all free agents? It wasn't only a fit decision it was a financial one too. 

I don't think Bowles could fix him here because of the lack of OLB talent they had to keep him there. Defensive line is stacked right now and the weakness was linebacker. He was almost forced to play him out of position because of the ineptitude of the previous regime. 

No I dont but the fact that he was a #1 draft pick in 2012 and we got sh*t for him pisses me off. Agree it was time to move on. 

Not going to rehash the same arguments. Was he worth his draft status? No. Was he decent when employed correctly? Yes. Blame Rex and the people who drafted him for his failures here. 

The last sentence kind of eliminates any validity your man-love for Coples may have had.  Forget even football, it is outright laughable to have a person's years and years of failures be blamed entirely on others.  I certainly hope for Coples' sake that he doesn't have that kind of mindset about his NFL career to date, otherwise there would be no chance for him to ever get it together.  Of course now that he's gone I would have no problem with him to have a continually mediocre career, but that's another story.

The last sentence kind of eliminates any validity your man-love for Coples may have had.  Forget even football, it is outright laughable to have a person's years and years of failures be blamed entirely on others.  I certainly hope for Coples' sake that he doesn't have that kind of mindset about his NFL career to date, otherwise there would be no chance for him to ever get it together.  Of course now that he's gone I would have no problem with him to have a continually mediocre career, but that's another story.

I have no man love for Coples. Years and years of failures? Are you talking about Rex or Coples? Take a look at Calvin Pryor. The coaching of a young player is critically important to the development of that player. Almost as important as to not moving said player out of his natural position and hope for the best. Did Coples fail as an outside linebacker? Yes. Was it his fault? Partially. He wasn't physically gifted enough to play out of position. I really don't care what happens to him moving forward, but I could see him having some decent success in a different defense. You saw as much today with a few plays he made after less than a week of learning the defense. 

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini, citing a team source, reported Sunday that Coples was "involved in an incident" on the team's charter home from Houston. Cimini wrote that it is unclear what happened on the flight, "but it didn't sit well with the powers-that-be, sealing his fate."

Jets coach Todd Bowles said the report about an incident on the plane was "not at all" accurate. "Q's a great guy," Bowles added.

He was on the field made no major impact at all. 

Sure, if you don't count the tackle for loss, generating a holding penalty on Breno, or the QB hit and pressures he got.

He was in their practices for like 3 days. The player on that line the Phins should be worried about is Suh. He's the real no impact guy.

Plain and simple Coples was a Rex guy who felt like everything was ok. It's ok if we lose, it's ok if we don't play full out, it's ok if we miss assignments because Rex always took the bullet for them and trotted them out the next week to do it all over again. It was a message from Bowles that it is NOT OK.

Plain and simple Coples was a Rex guy who felt like everything was ok. It's ok if we lose, it's ok if we don't play full out, it's ok if we miss assignments because Rex always took the bullet for them and trotted them out the next week to do it all over again. It was a message from Bowles that it is NOT OK.

And Mo,Snacks, and Sheldon weren't Rex guys?? Coples never should have been a LB'er Rex ruined him doing that.. BTW he had the same attitude in college as being a slacker.. 

I'm no Coples fan, but I think this kind of BS story is unfair to Coples.  If you have some information, give it, but it's wrong to report that something happened and leave people to their imagination as to what could have been so bad that he got cut.  Either say nothing or give us some specific info.

I'm no Coples fan, but I think this kind of BS story is unfair to Coples.  If you have some information, give it, but it's wrong to report that something happened and leave people to their imagination as to what could have been so bad that he got cut.  Either say nothing or give us some specific info.

Cimini knows writing crap causes a feeding frenzy with most Jet fans..

Bowles addressed this last night when asked directly about the incident.  Said it was a football decision and he wanted the faster pass rusher in Catapano who he could utilize instead of having Coples rot on sideline taking up the roster spot.   Here is the video.   "Bowles Talks Coples Release" on YouTube

Archived