Breer sheds light on Coples release, reveals slanderous anti-Rex agenda

dbatesman

The same team Mangini couldn't win a playoff game with not to mention minus Chad or Favre?? :rolleyes:

Same team Mangini won the exact amount of games with in 2008, even though Favre was Peyton'ing us. If things broke across the league similar to how they did for Rex in 2009, maybe the Jets back in, and maybe they win a game or two. Then we don't fire Mangini, never hire Rex, and probably would have never gotten rid of Bradway!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team Mangini won the exact amount of games with in 2008, even though Favre was Peyton'ing us. If things broke across the league similar to how they did for Rex in 2009, maybe the Jets back in, and maybe they win a game or two. Then we don't fire Mangini, never hire Rex, and probably would have never gotten rid of Bradway!

Yes he won 9 games with a HOF QB after going 4-12 the year before..Here's how things broke in 2008, Brady gone for the season game 1..The Pats beat the Jets at Met life 19-10 with a backup QB Cassell in his first start as a pro.. Meanwhile the QB he went 4-12 with in 2007 wins the East with the Fins a team that was 1-15 the year before.. I never said Rex was a good HC and thought he should have been gone with Tanny after the 2012 season.. I just give him credit for what the team did when he was here both the bad and the good.. Most of you get mad if someone doesn't agree with the group hate when it comes to Rex.. I'm happy as hell with Bowles and Mac and think we are finally on the right track and for me the past is gone and forgotten.. However for many of you it's not and won't be anytime soon..:)

I don't remember them being THAT good.  I remember thinking that the '84 49ers, '85 Bears and '86 Giants and probably the '91 and '92 Cowboys (whichever the 1st 2 SB winners of the Jimmy Johnson era were) were among the best teams I'd ever seen. 

Probably there are a couple more teams I'm missing (maybe another 49er team.  Possibly a Patriots team though it's tough to compare a salary cap era team to pre-salary cap era). I don't think those Broncos were on the level of those teams.

They were really good.

TD ran for 2000 yards, and was sitting out halves of games.  I think they started 13-0, and then when they finally lost one, they lost another cause they were pissed they weren't going undefeated.  HOF QB, Tight End, Running Back, real good O Line, solid D.

They were really good.

TD ran for 2000 yards, and was sitting out halves of games.  I think they started 13-0, and then when they finally lost one, they lost another cause they were pissed they weren't going undefeated.  HOF QB, Tight End, Running Back, real good O Line, solid D.

The guy that made that offense go was TD, Elway in 98 had 2800 yds passing and 22 tds and 10 picks. Vinny had a better year with 29-7 3200+.. Jets D was ranked 2nd the Bronco's 8th..Denver had the number 2 offense due to TD's 23 tds 21 rushing 2 receiving.. It rare when a RB has more TDs the the QB.. The Jets O was ranked 5th..

Rex sucked and was given two extra years to ruin the team. If they let Kotite destroy the Jets for six years, it would have taken Parcells more time to fix it. Parcells is great. 

Parcells was great as a coach but as a personnel guy he left a LOT to be desired. Some of his picks LB James Farrior - good player for many years WITH THE STEELERS. His next pick was DT Rick Terry while passing up HOF TE Tony Gonzalez and many other players who had good careers, Corey Dillon, Jake Plummer, Marcellus Wiley and Darren Sharper to name a few. He did get Dedrick Ward and Jason Ferguson so it wasn't a total loss. In 1998 he led with DE Dorian Boose and then took Scott Frost a safety who did nothing. He did get Jason Fabini in a later round. In 1999 he beefed up the OL with Randy Thomas, David Loverne and Ryan Young, but let two of those get away in FA. Parcells gets a lot of credit for "turning the Jets around" but his biggest gaffe was not taking Payton Manning after his junior year. Parcells in my mind did as much to hurt the Jets (see Bill Belichick retirement) as he did to help.

Yes he won 9 games with a HOF QB after going 4-12 the year before..Here's how things broke in 2008, Brady gone for the season game 1..The Pats beat the Jets at Met life 19-10 with a backup QB Cassell in his first start as a pro.. Meanwhile the QB he went 4-12 with in 2007 wins the East with the Fins a team that was 1-15 the year before.. I never said Rex was a good HC and thought he should have been gone with Tanny after the 2012 season.. I just give him credit for what the team did when he was here both the bad and the good.. Most of you get mad if someone doesn't agree with the group hate when it comes to Rex.. I'm happy as hell with Bowles and Mac and think we are finally on the right track and for me the past is gone and forgotten.. However for many of you it's not and won't be anytime soon..:)

You missed the point, as usual. You whine like a baby about "giving credit", well, if you want to give Rex credit for winning 9 games in 2009, then you have to give Mangini credit for winning 9 games in 2008. If you REALLY want to give credit out, then give it to the veterans on both of those rosters, and Tanny for assembling that talent, because that was a GREAT group of guys that did a lot to overcompensate for the coaching. The simple truth is that both coaches won 9 games, one just lucked into the playoffs. The other didn't. So comparing playoff wins is mostly a moot point, unless you have a bias.

Nobody said anything to challenge whether you are happy with Bowles/Mac. Bringing that up is irrelevant. 

What Cassel did and what Penny did with Miami is completely irrelevant.

Finally, you post about Rex every single day, so to insinuate that you've moved on but others haven't is not only irrelevant, but a fallacy.

Don't make me do this to you.

The guy that made that offense go was TD, Elway in 98 had 2800 yds passing and 22 tds and 10 picks. Vinny had a better year with 29-7 3200+.. Jets D was ranked 2nd the Bronco's 8th..Denver had the number 2 offense due to TD's 23 tds 21 rushing 2 receiving.. It rare when a RB has more TDs the the QB.. The Jets O was ranked 5th..

Oh, it was totally a running team.  TD had one of the all time seasons by a running back, ever.  MVP, after winning the Super Bowl MVP the year before.  Elway was still really good though, and Sharpe was still really good.  My point is I think that was a really, really good team.  Back to back Champs, multiple HOF players on offense, a really good line.   Maybe not 85 Bears good, but much better than a lot of other SB winning teams.

Oh, it was totally a running team.  TD had one of the all time seasons by a running back, ever.  MVP, after winning the Super Bowl MVP the year before.  Elway was still really good though, and Sharpe was still really good.  My point is I think that was a really, really good team.  Back to back Champs, multiple HOF players on offense, a really good line.   Maybe not 85 Bears good, but much better than a lot of other SB winning teams.

If I was a HOF voter TD would get my vote he had a short career like Sayers but he was great when healthy..

Parcells was great as a coach but as a personnel guy he left a LOT to be desired. Some of his picks LB James Farrior - good player for many years WITH THE STEELERS. His next pick was DT Rick Terry while passing up HOF TE Tony Gonzalez and many other players who had good careers, Corey Dillon, Jake Plummer, Marcellus Wiley and Darren Sharper to name a few. He did get Dedrick Ward and Jason Ferguson so it wasn't a total loss. In 1998 he led with DE Dorian Boose and then took Scott Frost a safety who did nothing. He did get Jason Fabini in a later round. In 1999 he beefed up the OL with Randy Thomas, David Loverne and Ryan Young, but let two of those get away in FA. Parcells gets a lot of credit for "turning the Jets around" but his biggest gaffe was not taking Payton Manning after his junior year. Parcells in my mind did as much to hurt the Jets (see Bill Belichick retirement) as he did to help.

True. He tore it down better than he built it up.

You missed the point, as usual. You whine like a baby about "giving credit", well, if you want to give Rex credit for winning 9 games in 2009, then you have to give Mangini credit for winning 9 games in 2008. If you REALLY want to give credit out, then give it to the veterans on both of those rosters, and Tanny for assembling that talent, because that was a GREAT group of guys that did a lot to overcompensate for the coaching. The simple truth is that both coaches won 9 games, one just lucked into the playoffs. The other didn't. So comparing playoff wins is mostly a moot point, unless you have a bias.

Nobody said anything to challenge whether you are happy with Bowles/Mac. Bringing that up is irrelevant. 

What Cassel did and what Penny did with Miami is completely irrelevant.

Finally, you post about Rex every single day, so to insinuate that you've moved on but others haven't is not only irrelevant, but a fallacy.

Don't make me do this to you.

I have never made a thread about Rex nor did I post in the one CB made today.. I do get a kick out of tweaking the haters like yourself but that's too easy and it's getting boring.. Now be a good Ape and get back in your cage I left some banana's for you.. Oh and I do give Mangini credit for going 9-7 with a future HOF QB that's so much harder to do then with a rookie QB..:)

I have never made a thread about Rex nor did I post in the one CB made today.. I do get a kick out of tweaking the haters like yourself but that's too easy and it's getting boring.. Now be a good Ape and get back in your cage I left some banana's for you.. Oh and I do give Mangini credit for going 9-7 with a future HOF QB that's so much harder to do then with a rookie QB..:)

So... like I said, you talk about Rex every day.

Only when you and the rest of the Rex hate brigade bring it up.. But like I said it's getting boring so I'm sure I'll be missed in the future threads..:rolleyes:

No, that's not how it works. Other people don't bring it up for you. You choose to either talk about Rex or not. You've quite clearly chosen to talk about him every time he gets brought up, and then to chastise others as though it is their fault for bringing it up.

It's nobody else's fault that you talk about Rex every day... and it's definitely nobody else's fault that you are mostly wrong or irrelevant in the things you bring up when you do talk about him. Every. Day.

No, that's not how it works. Other people don't bring it up for you. You choose to either talk about Rex or not. You've quite clearly chosen to talk about him every time he gets brought up, and then to chastise others as though it is their fault for bringing it up.

It's nobody else's fault that you talk about Rex every day... and it's definitely nobody else's fault that you are mostly wrong or irrelevant in the things you bring up when you do talk about him. Every. Day.

Boring........ King Kong or Mighty Joe Young your not..LOL

Oh my god. Now we're talking about talking about Rex? Clear sign of de-evolution, as man transforms back into ape. 

Well, Savage is... and don't cast stones at the entire ape race just because of one Savage.

Boring........ King Kong or Mighty Joe Young your not..LOL

Irrelevant.

Oh my god. Now we're talking about talking about Rex? Clear sign of de-evolution, as man transforms back into ape. 

right?  Though I do wonder why we still have fans stroking Rex as his team stands 5-6 with the red hot Texans coming to town.  They haven't won a game after winning their super bowl versus us in classic Rex fashion; and despite being 3 point favorites this week, I'm sure no one would be surprised if they're eliminated from the play-off race this week with another rex like collapse from shooting his wad too early in the season with a meaningless, at this point, game against us...but I guess some like that sort of thing and miss it...

Archived