Maybe Bowles is Getting It?

CrazyCarl40

Cool. Bowles doesn't. He gets paid millions to coach and has done a pretty solid job at evaluating the talent. Milliner is not a good fit and just not good. 

Milliner has been injury prone but when he's played he played decent,maybe Bowles sees something in him and is working on fixing his issues. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milliner has been injury prone but when he's played he played decent,maybe Bowles sees something in him and is working on fixing his issues. 

No. He has played decent. He's played terribly and been benched on numerous occasions. He hasn't played a meaningful down of CB in two years. And nothing about the habits of Bowles makes anyone think that he's fixing Dee Milliner. Even when he was healthy in the preseason he was buried on the depth chart. 

No. He has played decent. He's played terribly and been benched on numerous occasions. He hasn't played a meaningful down of CB in two years. And nothing about the habits of Bowles makes anyone think that he's fixing Dee Milliner. Even when he was healthy in the preseason he was buried on the depth chart. 

Ok you win cut him another 1st round pick gone poof nothing for him because Walls and McDougle are so much better. So tired of arguing with you over bullsh*t nonsense that neither one of us can control. You have your opinion and I have mine. 

Ok you win cut him another 1st round pick gone poof nothing for him because Walls and McDougle are so much better. So tired of arguing with you over bullsh*t nonsense that neither one of us can control. You have your opinion and I have mine. 

@SethWalderNYDN: Why didn't Dee Milliner play?

Bowles: "No reason."

To be honest, if he wasn't a 1st round pick. I do think he'd be walking the streets right now. No way is he on the the roster next year if he does not show anything in the next few games.

Milliner hasnt seen the field maybe he isn't healthy enough to play lets not be too quick to cut another 1st round pick. 

at some point in a players NFL career you just can't keep referring to his draft position. The guy has played horribly in the games he has played. I would be willing to bet he's doing no better in practice since he has not seen the field

Yeah, because stating that "if Fitz played better then we wouldnt hear about Geno" is now equivalent to hating that the Jets are still in the hunt.

Come back when Fitz is playing well enough that no one is talking about Geno. 

show me 3 jets fans that aren't knee jerk mouth breathers, first. 

Bowles is the same guy who has been starting Cro over Marcus Williams and Enunwa over Kerley. 

I won't argue either point. There have been so many injuries in the secondary, I'd say Bowles has yet to really settle on the #2 corner. Cro was okay yesterday, but Williams was better. He got hurt the first series. Revis was out. Hopefully all are healthy next weekend. 

As far as Enunwa, it's more scheme tha anything else. It probably is a Gailey call and not a Bowles one. There's a correlation between Enunwa playing and the running game and passing attack opening up. He dropped a few balls yesterday, but his blocking on some of Ivory's bigger runs was important. As were the routes he ran to get others open like Decker and Marshall. There's a lot going on besides what you see in the action on tv.  

show me 3 jets fans that aren't knee jerk mouth breathers, first. 

For what? Why do I need to concern myself about showing you 3 fans when I've been saying the same thing since the offseason and I can only control myself and my actions? 

All I need to do is to show you 1, which is me. I've given credit to Fitz when its deserving. When people criticized his play in the Colts game I came to his defense because he did more good than bad. On an overall basis though the man is inconsistent, especially when it comes to playing .500 or above teams. So yeah, I inquire about another JETS QB. So what. 

So what's the problem here? Stating this fact along with talking about another "JETS" QB is suddenly hating the Jets because they're in the "hunt" again yet was pretty much "in it" prior to losing 4 out of 5 games before yesterday? When has it suddenly become bad for a fan to do that yet it's okay for a QB not to play better so the thoughts of replacing them is a non-factor? What part of the game is that? 

How about you go find those 3 fans, I'll stick with the fact that I've been consistent along with praising Fitz (as I did yesterday) when he does well, but also presenting the fact that having these type of performances against 4-7 teams that are not in the "hunt" is not a statement when I dont see similar performances against teams that are .500 and above. Something the man's "career" even reflects...so this is nothing new im presenting, so it isnt hatred. Its fact. 

I will respectfully read your response if you do respond but Im leaving it here. If this explanation isnt understandable or can atleast be respected as my opinion on Fitz (and Geno) then there's nothing else that I can write that will change that, nor am I any longer interested in explaining myself. 

This is a little to late for me.  It's week 12 and Hendreson is just now, "earning his playing time".  Has Bowles not seen how terrible Davis has been all year?  What took so long was Henderson not earning it before this week, he just all of sudden earned it?  Good to see he's willing to move on though.  Not sure why he treats Cro differently.

Still hated his decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 40 on the first drive.  The play call made the decision even worse.   Just dont get why you wouldnt want the field position if you're a defensive guy. 

Overall, my take is, if Todd Bowles could play the Dolphags every week, he'd be a HOF'er. 

Fitz played well yesterday and it was against an awful team. As you stated he has never played well vs a good team with a good defense. This team will not go far if it is lucky enough to make dance. It is clear jets do not want to evaluate Geno and I expect him to be elsewhere in 2016.  2016 will be another year without a legit QB unless they are able to pull off a trade. the QB class this yr is pathetic so the draft is not an option. It is also weird they do not wish to evaluate Milliner, just cut the kid and let him catch on somewhere else. It will not work here in NY. 

This is a little to late for me.  It's week 12 and Hendreson is just now, "earning his playing time".  Has Bowles not seen how terrible Davis has been all year?  What took so long was Henderson not earning it before this week, he just all of sudden earned it?  Good to see he's willing to move on though.  Not sure why he treats Cro differently.

Still hated his decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 40 on the first drive.  The play call made the decision even worse.   Just dont get why you wouldnt want the field position if you're a defensive guy. 

Overall, my take is, if Todd Bowles could play the Dolphags every week, he'd be a HOF'er. 

He's the one responsible for going so hard after Cro. That's why. Maccagnan had no ties to him, and we already had every other DB currently on this roster (plus Antonio Allen wasn't injured yet, though I think his days starting at corner are mercifully over). However they're playing now, if they're playing at all, on paper it was a deep defensive backfield without bringing him in for $7M for this season. Money we could have spent next year.

It's hard to know what's going on, really. It's his first year and we don't know if something is a trend, nervousness to take chances in his rookie head coaching year, or what it is. On the surface he seems to have an extreme comfort level with certain players even after screwing up, and is reluctant to make moves until backed up to a wall. His guys get what seems to be endless chances to play their way out of their jobs; not-his-guys get a quick hook. In some cases, like with young players who are "his" guys, that's a good thing. Devin Smith, in particular, needs reps, not nervousness about a long benching if he drops another pass. Others won't see the field unless there's literally no choice, either by injury or to give his guys a breather (e.g. Williams only starting if there's a Cro/Revis injury, Kerley relegated to punt fair-catcher, Mauldin seeing so few reps for so many games despite the LBers being the weakest group on D). 

Giving Bowles the benefit of the doubt, though, it could very well be that these (benched/backup) players look just awful in practices we hear nothing about. 

I do give him a ton of credit for helping out with Pryor, as well he should since he was a safety himself before over a decade-long career as a secondary coach. It is quite an impressive turnaround, and really he's still only in his 2nd season. 

It's because he prefers to troll. I'm glad you recognized his enormous effort to be willfully ignorant of the points that I was making. 

GenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenolover...

GenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenoloverGenolover...

:-)

I had to break the news to Glennon. He didnt take it well. 

He's the one responsible for going so hard after Cro. That's why. Maccagnan had no ties to him, and we already had every other DB currently on this roster (plus Antonio Allen wasn't injured yet, though I think his days starting at corner are mercifully over). However they're playing now, if they're playing at all, on paper it was a deep defensive backfield without bringing him in for $7M for this season. Money we could have spent next year.

It's hard to know what's going on, really. It's his first year and we don't know if something is a trend, nervousness to take chances in his rookie head coaching year, or what it is. On the surface he seems to have an extreme comfort level with certain players even after screwing up, and is reluctant to make moves until backed up to a wall. His guys get what seems to be endless chances to play their way out of their jobs; not-his-guys get a quick hook. In some cases, like with young players who are "his" guys, that's a good thing. Devin Smith, in particular, needs reps, not nervousness about a long benching if he drops another pass. Others won't see the field unless there's literally no choice, either by injury or to give his guys a breather (e.g. Williams only starting if there's a Cro/Revis injury, Kerley relegated to punt fair-catcher, Mauldin seeing so few reps for so many games despite the LBers being the weakest group on D). 

Giving Bowles the benefit of the doubt, though, it could very well be that these (benched/backup) players look just awful in practices we hear nothing about. 

I do give him a ton of credit for helping out with Pryor, as well he should since he was a safety himself before over a decade-long career as a secondary coach. It is quite an impressive turnaround, and really he's still only in his 2nd season. 

Yeah, that's the thing.  We dont know what we cant see but when you hear things like, he's earned it.  Did he really?  And if he did, why did take till week 12.  Or is the truth, Davis just isnt good so he had to try something new? 

Darrin Walls has no business playing over Milliner. Walls was horrendous last year and is still 1 of the worst corners in the league.

dude. He gave up two of the softest TDs you'll ever see.

– What a day it was for the Jets’ outside corners. With no Darrelle Revis, they really needed to step up and they absolutely answered the call. The combination of Antonio Cromartie (+1.4), Marcus Williams (+1.7) and Darrin Walls (+1.4), who took over for an injured Williams, saw Ryan Tannehill go 5 of 20 for 60 yards, an interception and two passes defended when targeting them. Walls did allow two touchdowns, but those were more good throws and catches than they were bad coverage. They made up for a very lackluster day from slot corner Buster Skrine (-1.9), who allowed nine catches on 12 targets for 119 yards, mostly to Jarvis Landry.

– What a day it was for the Jets’ outside corners. With no Darrelle Revis, they really needed to step up and they absolutely answered the call. The combination of Antonio Cromartie (+1.4), Marcus Williams (+1.7) and Darrin Walls (+1.4), who took over for an injured Williams, saw Ryan Tannehill go 5 of 20 for 60 yards, an interception and two passes defended when targeting them. Walls did allow two touchdowns, but those were more good throws and catches than they were bad coverage. They made up for a very lackluster day from slot corner Buster Skrine (-1.9), who allowed nine catches on 12 targets for 119 yards, mostly to Jarvis Landry.

CARL COME ON

@Cnimbley: Bowles asked about Erin Henderson rotating w/ Demario "You earn your playing time." #nyj

Hopefully he takes this approach with all positions. (Looking at you Cro). Shows he is starting to get it, in my opinion. Saw a lot less Pace too. 

Cromartie needs to be benched and or released..he doesn't tackle, leaves his assigned area wide open and let's Davis take the blame for a TD that was clearly his fault. He's just collecting a paycheck. I would let him go if Williams is not injured badly.

Cromartie needs to be benched and or released..he doesn't tackle, leaves his assigned area wide open and let's Davis take the blame for a TD that was clearly his fault. He's just collecting a paycheck. I would let him go if Williams is not injured badly.

Cro will be cut in the off season. Too many injuries to do it now. Cro still has his moments.

Archived