Maybe Bowles is Getting It?

CrazyCarl40

Cromartie needs to be benched and or released..he doesn't tackle, leaves his assigned area wide open and let's Davis take the blame for a TD that was clearly his fault. He's just collecting a paycheck. I would let him go if Williams is not injured badly.

You lose credibility as a poster when you talk about released.  That nets the team NOTHING, and costs us depth.  Bench him, ok, fine, but release is just plain overkill.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lose credibility as a poster when you talk about released.  That nets the team NOTHING, and costs us depth.  Bench him, ok, fine, but release is just plain overkill.

Couples disagrees with your post.  And after our next loss Dee Millner will as well.

The Jets owe Cro $8M in 2016, $8M in 2017 and $9M in 2018.  We aren't on the hook for any of that money if he's cut. Would you rather have Cro and his $8M cap hit next year, or a $3M CB and an extra $5M to spend elsewhere?

Bowles is good. It will be a back and forth thing with Jets fans on a week-to-week basis. 

Next week if we lose Bowles will be "over his head" and we need Rex back. If we win he'll be the best coach since Tuna and Rex can stay in Buffalo losing football games. lol. 

At least we won't have any we're over rated (duh), the HC sucks,the OC sucks, the RBs suck, the LBs suck, the DL is over rated (duh) but the QB is the bestest threads this week.

For what? Why do I need to concern myself about showing you 3 fans when I've been saying the same thing since the offseason and I can only control myself and my actions? 

All I need to do is to show you 1, which is me. I've given credit to Fitz when its deserving. When people criticized his play in the Colts game I came to his defense because he did more good than bad. On an overall basis though the man is inconsistent, especially when it comes to playing .500 or above teams. So yeah, I inquire about another JETS QB. So what. 

So what's the problem here? Stating this fact along with talking about another "JETS" QB is suddenly hating the Jets because they're in the "hunt" again yet was pretty much "in it" prior to losing 4 out of 5 games before yesterday? When has it suddenly become bad for a fan to do that yet it's okay for a QB not to play better so the thoughts of replacing them is a non-factor? What part of the game is that? 

How about you go find those 3 fans, I'll stick with the fact that I've been consistent along with praising Fitz (as I did yesterday) when he does well, but also presenting the fact that having these type of performances against 4-7 teams that are not in the "hunt" is not a statement when I dont see similar performances against teams that are .500 and above. Something the man's "career" even reflects...so this is nothing new im presenting, so it isnt hatred. Its fact. 

I will respectfully read your response if you do respond but Im leaving it here. If this explanation isnt understandable or can atleast be respected as my opinion on Fitz (and Geno) then there's nothing else that I can write that will change that, nor am I any longer interested in explaining myself. 

pointed out how lame your "come back to me whe (fill in the blank)" retort was. I don't take homework assignments.

Bowles always did get it.

He holds everyone accountable.

IK and Coples were gone pretty quickly after incidents Bowles found inappropriate.

Rex would have made those guys captains.

Very happy with yesterday's "W".

I think Bowles will have them ready to play from here on in.

He knows what he's doing.

Good win. No doubt. But these are the dysfunctional Dolphins we beat. We had better annihilated this joke of a team.  We have yet to beat, or play, a contending team, besides the Pats, due to our easy schedule.  We have lost to inferior opponents.  Just what is the real character of this team. I was extremely impressed with how we played the Pats despite the loss. We had that game and let it get away.  Our next game is the real turning point.  We play a Giants team that has more personalities than Sybil.  They have the uncanny ability to rise above the muck when you least expect it or play like the walking dead when you least expect it.  With the Giants fighting for a playoff spot, I sense a good ole fashion rock n sock em game. A win here goes a long way in 'Bowles getting it'.       

It's time to get after an immobile QB like Eli. Their Oline is a mess & their Dline has the fewest sacks in the league. If it's still true that games are won in the trenches in the NFL than our NY Jets have a huge advantage on Sunday. The game is on TV here in New Hampshire so I'm pumped I'll get to watch it. I love Bowles using the younger guys more. I have to say, I think what Bowles was letting Pace show Mauldin what was expected (the fundamentals), Parcells use to bring young guys along slowly too before he unleashed them. It's hard to trust rookies, they make a lot of mistakes.

I just think you're being a tad bit intellectually dishonest if you're calling for Bowles to make further merit-based demotions and not including the fringe CB who got barbecued all over the field. We kid you about your Notre Dame love, but let's be real here. Walls was non-competitive. Cro shouldn't start, and Walls needs to never see the field again. McDougle and Milliner need to be handled the same way they're pushing Enunwa and Devin Smith on offense--let them go out and sink or swim on the field. 

as long as they've already won the race swimming in the practice pool I can agree

Good win. No doubt. But these are the dysfunctional Dolphins we beat. We had better annihilated this joke of a team.  We have yet to beat, or play, a contending team, besides the Pats, due to our easy schedule.  We have lost to inferior opponents.  Just what is the real character of this team. I was extremely impressed with how we played the Pats despite the loss. We had that game and let it get away.  Our next game is the real turning point.  We play a Giants team that has more personalities than Sybil.  They have the uncanny ability to rise above the muck when you least expect it or play like the walking dead when you least expect it.  With the Giants fighting for a playoff spot, I sense a good ole fashion rock n sock em game. A win here goes a long way in 'Bowles getting it'.       

Actually who needs to get it is fans that can't seem to remember we're not a contending team.  At this point we're a 4 win team who improved this off season, who filled some of the holes on the roster.  And are being led by a first time, first year HC.  But some want to make us out as a close second to the Pats.  We've lost but haven't earned the right to think we should beat every team that fans deem inferior or blow out teams impressively because we want them.  

Fans here can't get it in their heads that until we prove we are real contenders that we are one of the inferior teams other teams fans think their teams should beat.  Impressiveyely 

2 days ago and you're still hitting your head on a wall. 

You're going to give yourself a headache bro. 

Isn't it neat how multiple people can look at the same thing and see totally different things? Like for example how to me this a simple story about a guy who has been crying for days after getting red thumbed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually who needs to get it is fans that can't seem to remember we're not a contending team.  At this point we're a 4 win team who improved this off season, who filled some of the holes on the roster.  And are being led by a first time, first year HC.  But some want to make us out as a close second to the Pats.  We've lost but haven't earned the right to think we should beat every team that fans deem inferior or blow out teams impressively because we want them.  

Fans here can't get it in their heads that until we prove we are real contenders that we are one of the inferior teams other teams fans think their teams should beat.  Impressiveyely 

Our schedule is softer than Charmin tissue.  The Pats present the only real challenge.  Yet, 11 games in, we are only 6-5 and as schizophrenic as Cro thinking he's a CB. Parcells said you are what record says you are. We are 6-4, fair.  But is there an addendum to this? Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.         

“Believing something existed and then finding out it didn't was like reaching the top of the stairs and thinking there was one more step.”
Francesca Zappia, Made You Up

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/schizophrenia

Fitz is on pace to tie the Jets team record for most passing TDs in a season... He is playing better and it's not a conversation piece.

Jets have had some of the worst QB's as a franchise in the history of the game. Joe Namath is still the face of this team and 95% of the fan base wasnt even born when he played. 

Back to reality my friend. 

It's time to get after an immobile QB like Eli. Their Oline is a mess & their Dline has the fewest sacks in the league. If it's still true that games are won in the trenches in the NFL than our NY Jets have a huge advantage on Sunday. The game is on TV here in New Hampshire so I'm pumped I'll get to watch it. I love Bowles using the younger guys more. I have to say, I think what Bowles was letting Pace show Mauldin what was expected (the fundamentals), Parcells use to bring young guys along slowly too before he unleashed them. It's hard to trust rookies, they make a lot of mistakes.

Eli and Fitz are in quick throw offenses which produce less sacks for their opponents.  

You must hate the players that they hate, yet give more chances to ones they arbitrarily like. 

Geno needs 3 more seasons of failure. 

Miliner should be cut even though he's already been paid, and used the half season IR spot. I mean he gets hurt, and he played poorly as a rookie.

Cro should be cut even though he also has already been paid. 

Devin Smith should be cut too...I think. I don't remember if we hate him or not

Pryor should have been cut last year because he's an obvious bust right? 

he's changing the play counts if not the starting lineup.  catapano and henderson saw big increases and leo and pace saw reductions

I like it

I like it too, but the interesting thing was that Henderson didn't play very well, but DD picked up his game with the reduced snaps. 

Sometimes you need to scare the starters. 

Jets have had some of the worst QB's as a franchise in the history of the game. Joe Namath is still the face of this team and 95% of the fan base wasnt even born when he played. 

Back to reality my friend. 

Yes and Geno is right there in the discussion for worst starting QB in franchise history. 

We are not a top tier team.  That being said, getting into the playoffs would be a great experience for a rookie HC, our staff and most of all the young players.  Not to mention, before a rough patch, we had the playoffs within our grasps.  At this point, not winning at least 2 more games would be a huge let down.  We should beat the Giants, Cowboys, and Titans (of course we should have beaten Houston and Buffalo and the Raiders and Eagles games were terrible).  We a second tier team; we should be beating bottom feeder teams.  If we win these 3 games, we finish 9-7.  That would be great.  Beating Buffalo (or NE) would get us to 10-6 and a good shot at the playoffs.  We are likely a first-round looser, but the experience and the enjoyment would be great.

Also, rooting for you team doesn't make you delusional, it just makes you a fan.

We are not a top tier team.  That being said, getting into the playoffs would be a great experience for a rookie HC, our staff and most of all the young players.  Not to mention, before a rough patch, we had the playoffs within our grasps.  At this point, not winning at least 2 more games would be a huge let down.  We should beat the Giants, Cowboys, and Titans (of course we should have beaten Houston and Buffalo and the Raiders and Eagles games were terrible).  We a second tier team; we should be beating bottom feeder teams.  If we win these 3 games, we finish 9-7.  That would be great.  Beating Buffalo (or NE) would get us to 10-6 and a good shot at the playoffs.  We are likely a first-round looser, but the experience and the enjoyment would be great.

Also, rooting for you team doesn't make you delusional, it just makes you a fan.

Who wouldn't agree?  Of course it would be great to get to the playoffs, even to go one and out.  We can beat Just about any team in the league, most of the teams on the remainder to our schedule should be wins for us.  But again on any given Sunday.  Teams rarely win or lose to every team on their schedule the way it draws up on paper.  

Fans, fanatics, very close to delusional at times.  Nothing wrong with it. 

That sounds good, though Bowles didnt have a 10 year history of mediocrity. He's a rookie coach. People wanted to see what Geno can do because fans with a clear mind can understand a rookie season and a 2nd season plagued with the worst talent in the league and are willing to try a develop and not give up on talent like they did Calvin Pryor. Remember when he was a bust? Thats Jets fans syndrome for ya.

Other fans look at Fitz and ignore 10 years because it wasnt in a Jets Jersey. The fact that Geno gets the "battered wife" label yet only playing 30 games in comparison to 106 games played by Fitz proves my point. 

Bottomline, if Fitz played better then Geno wouldnt even be a conversation piece. So instead of laughing (HA HA HA) as if the thought of Geno is worth laughing at maybe Fitz should play like he's actually won more than 6 games in a season. You know, like beating teams with winning records or something. Whens the last time you seen him do that? (something to laugh at if it wasnt such a shame). Putting up 4 TD's against a 4-7 last place team is great, but not a statement whatsoever, especially when we could have used that type of play against the Texans, Bills, Oakland....you know, teams in the playoff race and that actually MATTER. 

But Geno is the only thing funny here, I know.

HA. HA. HA!

Geno lovers HATE Jets still being in the hunt. It's hilarious.

its okay villain. The intelligent ones understand what you meant.

Archived