SNF: Patriots @ Broncos

jetrider

So the refs actually penalized the Pats for holding at the LOS or in the back field with their safeties as well as calling Gronk for his push-offs, and the result is New England lost the game. lol

Gameball goes to the refs for actually calling a straight game. 

**** the Pats and Tom Brady. 

If this was test to see the results when the Patriots aren't afforded the ability to Hold on the Oline, grab in the secondary, pick, and Gronk pushing off we got our answer that their record would be much worse than 10-0.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most poorly officiated games in a season where the officials look more and more clueless every week.  It's time for the NFL to allow big play/game deciding penalties to be reviewed.  Call on Gronk was a joke.  I'm glad some karma caught up with the Pats.  But in the grand scheme, I don't want to lose a playoff spot because some idiot ref calls a bogus penalty.  Make major penalties reviewable.

and some of you guys wonder why bad ish happens to your team. Keep wishing the worse for other teams.....

but still even if that was remotely true, the rest of the AFC east ain't coming close to the division even if the pats had to play without gronk the rest of the way... 

he was obviously joking bro. You need to take a break from JN. You seem emotionally unstable right now.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots believe Rob Gronkowski (knee) "is going to be ok."

We should know more after a Monday MRI, but all early reports have suggested Gronk's knee injury is minor. He still may miss Week 13, but at this point it would be surprising if Gronk sat out more than a couple weeks. Brandon LaFell should take on an even bigger role while Gronk is sidelined, and Scott Chandler will take over at tight end.

Tom Brady got a lesson in what it's like for the other 31 teams in the league. Pats had some bad calls go against them and Tommy boy was apoplectic about it. Get used to it. As Jets fans we watch our team victimized by the refs EVERY week. Collinsworth kept trying to make excuses for the Pats with all the injury talk. Hey Cris, as you know, that is part of the game. The Jets have had to go into big games at less than full strength and no one brings that up every three minutes. In the NFL it is next man up, even for the New England Patriots. BTW where are all the Pats trolls today? Where is TxPatsFan? Where is PatsReign? I miss those guys.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots believe Rob Gronkowski (knee) "is going to be ok."

We should know more after a Monday MRI, but all early reports have suggested Gronk's knee injury is minor. He still may miss Week 13, but at this point it would be surprising if Gronk sat out more than a couple weeks. Brandon LaFell should take on an even bigger role while Gronk is sidelined, and Scott Chandler will take over at tight end.

What they should do is rest Gronk for the playoffs, unless they need him to clinch.

If they blow out Philly, I wouldn't be surprised if Gronk doesn't play the rest of the regular season

The whining over at PFT's Comment section is at an unprecedented level this morning. The poor, poor victimized Tom Terrific and his GTOAT. Crying about the low shots on Gronk and Brady saying it's all the NFL's fault. Whose fault was it when Wilfork was systematically diving through the line at every QB's knees that were in their division? He didn't even get suspended after his wife went in and cried that they can't afford to have him miss games or get fined. I swear I was this close to actually joining that site this morning.

One of the most poorly officiated games in a season where the officials look more and more clueless every week.  It's time for the NFL to allow big play/game deciding penalties to be reviewed.  Call on Gronk was a joke.  I'm glad some karma caught up with the Pats.  But in the grand scheme, I don't want to lose a playoff spot because some idiot ref calls a bogus penalty.  Make major penalties reviewable.

If your goal is a fair game then how will reviewing flagged violations and not unflagged ones make it fair?  

The numerous missed penalties are equally devastating. But every play can't be reviewed.

IMO, last night's spectacular was among the best officiated games in NFL history. There is a god, finally.

Officiating this year in general is horrible. Pats got caught not knowing about the excess timeout rule and they fumbled a punt. Pats have made mistakes this year, This was the first time a team made them pay.

True on both accounts.

This revenge tour crap was overblown.  You can play the coulda should woulda scenario for half their games.  As you state, the Broncos made them pay.

True on both accounts.

This revenge tour crap was overblown.  You can play the coulda should woulda scenario for half their games.  As you state, the Broncos made them pay.

As I have believed, the 2007 Pats would have gone circles around this group.

This year's Pats have taken advantage of a really mediocre AFC and the greatest quarterback of the 21st century

Pats showed how resilient they are.  On a short week they go into the high altitude of Denver and finish the game without their top two defenders (Collins and Hightower) , four out of their top five offensive weapons (Edelman, Amendola, Dion Lewis and Gronk), a beat up offensive line and every break/call went against them and they still had a great chance to win this game. 

Cant wait for the rematch with Edelman, Almendola and Collins back as healthy as possible.

And Hightower for the second half.  Even with all the injuries, the Patriots were a fumble away from winning the game (most likely).

This year's Pats have taken advantage of a really mediocre AFC and the greatest quarterback of the 21st century

Probably so.  I think this D is much better though.

Seriously though, how great is it that the Pats lost? Now we don't have to hear any of this undefeated bullsh*t the rest of the year. 

The football media was getting a bit tough to understand, what with Brady and BB's nuts in their mouths and all. 

I think Jim Nantz quietly lit a candle and cried after Anderson's TD.

2015 if heathly is better then the 07 team. the 07 oline couldn't handle more physical defensive lines, (ravens, giants that year) 2015 d-line is just as physical, and quick..(idk if they are as good as the ravens and giants d-lines that year, probably not)

Hey Rex, aren't you forgetting something?

Yes, we forgot 'there are no moral victories in the NFL' and 'Good teams don't make excuses, they make plays' and all the other rot we hear from Pats fans and trolls when the Jets loose.  That being said...

I think the Pats got a bit screwed on some of those late calls, but it happens to other teams all of the time.

I was impressed, and strangely not surprised when the Pats tied the game in the last 10 seconds.

Truth is, however, for all of the 'bad calls' and fumbles, the Pats were even at survived into OT.  They also won the coin toss, so they had the game in their hands.  They failed to convert with their possession in OT and the defense failed to hold.  You can blame the Refs and bad luck, but in the end the team had held on and had a more than fair chance in OT and failed to execute.

Archived