SNF: Patriots @ Broncos

jetrider

Yes, we forgot 'there are no moral victories in the NFL' and 'Good teams don't make excuses, they make plays' and all the other rot we hear from Pats fans and trolls when the Jets loose.  That being said...

I think the Pats got a bit screwed on some of those late calls, but it happens to other teams all of the time.

I was impressed, and strangely not surprised when the Pats tied the game in the last 10 seconds.

Truth is, however, for all of the 'bad calls' and fumbles, the Pats were even at survived into OT.  They also won the coin toss, so they had the game in their hands.  They failed to convert with their possession in OT and the defense failed to hold.  You can blame the Refs and bad luck, but in the end the team had held on and had a more than fair chance in OT and failed to execute.

As you're a Pats fan, answer me something: On the second to last drive in regulation, before Denver goes ahead, why did McDaniels call all pass plays?  I mean, you guys took no time off the clock.  That seems like Football 101.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you're a Pats fan, answer me something: On the second to last drive in regulation, before Denver goes ahead, why did McDaniels call all pass plays?  I mean, you guys took no time off the clock.  That seems like Football 101.

Sorry, not a fan at all; in fact, living here in Boston I have learned to hate the Pats more than I hated the fins...

Probably out thought themselves.

You would expect them to run once....so they did the opposite.

Yes, we forgot 'there are no moral victories in the NFL' and 'Good teams don't make excuses, they make plays' and all the other rot we hear from Pats fans and trolls when the Jets loose.  That being said...

I think the Pats got a bit screwed on some of those late calls, but it happens to other teams all of the time.

I was impressed, and strangely not surprised when the Pats tied the game in the last 10 seconds.

Truth is, however, for all of the 'bad calls' and fumbles, the Pats were even at survived into OT.  They also won the coin toss, so they had the game in their hands.  They failed to convert with their possession in OT and the defense failed to hold.  You can blame the Refs and bad luck, but in the end the team had held on and had a more than fair chance in OT and failed to execute.

The truth

The Pats rushed for 39 yards and gave up 175 rushing yards. There is something the matter with Blount. He was running through walls a few games ago. The clock screw up in regulation cost NE a shot at winning the game in regulation with a TD. That's on BB. The play calling in OT left a lot to be desired.

Seriously though, how great is it that the Pats lost? Now we don't have to hear any of this undefeated bullsh*t the rest of the year. 

The football media was getting a bit tough to understand, what with Brady and BB's nuts in their mouths and all. 

I think Jim Nantz quietly lit a candle and cried after Anderson's TD.

Almost as great as any and every NE fan crying about injuries 

The truth

The Pats rushed for 39 yards and gave up 175 rushing yards. There is something the matter with Blount. He was running through walls a few games ago. The clock screw up in regulation cost NE a shot at winning the game in regulation with a TD. That's on BB. The play calling in OT left a lot to be desired.

there's is nothing wrong with him. The line is not all together intact yet. No holes were being created for him.

Which means opposite of...hate...which...is...love.   Uh oh thats creepy, you love the Jets.

no wonder you're always here.

Love is too strong a word.  I would say I have a profound amount of respect for the fans of the Jets who continue to support their team after all these years of failure and coming up short.

The Patriots were kindred spirits until they got lucky on a 6th round pick.

Love is too strong a word.  I would say I have a profound amount of respect for the fans of the Jets who continue to support their team after all these years of failure and coming up short.

The Patriots were kindred spirits until they got lucky on a 6th round pick.

Good answer, might be the patfan post of the year ...Max, is there some kind of prize we can give him?

Archived