Suh....."I run this defense"

JOJOTOWNSELL

Suh says this and then the jets drop 38 on them lmfao!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000589812/article/ndamukong-suh-to-miami-dolphins-i-run-this-defense

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
WATCH MORE VIDEOS
REPLAY

Rapoport: Suh told teammates he runs the defense
watermark.png

gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAAAAACH5B

Ndamukong Suh addressed his Miami Dolphinsdefensive teammates on Monday. 

It was -- ummmmm -- interesting. 

Every game, all season
0ap3000000529926.jpg

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport passed along the fiery address from the defensive tackle Sunday on NFL Network's GameDay Morning.

"I'm told he told them: 'I run this defense, I'm going to be here for the next five years, there is no guarantee any of you will be as well. Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now,'" Rapoport said. "He also said the schemes were not good enough, the techniques were not enough and everyone needed to be better, he said 'follow me.'" 

There are many levels to Suh's imploring. The side of the bi-monthly Suh debate in which you generally fall (bad guy vs. overblown microscope) likely dictates how you perceive his comments. Per Rapoport, the Dolphins themselves were split on how to take it. 

"My understanding is the room was split, some saw this as the kind of address a leader would give. Others, just something they've never heard before," Rapoport said.

Suh is certainly correct that given his six-year, $114 million contract, he's not going anywhere. Given the defensive lineman's personality and obvious perception of himself in relation to the defense's approach, it will be interesting to see how much influence he has when the Dolphins' brass hires a new coaching staff this offseason.

Lol, remember when he denied reports that he was free-lancing too much earlier in the season? That he wasn't listening to his coaches? No way that was true. 

Only way this gets better is if Tanny hires Brian Schottenheimer as their next head coach. 

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/ndamukong-suh-calls-out-nfl-reporter-on-instagram-after-dolphins-embarrassing-loss-to-jets-7425942

The Miami Dolphins were slammed by the New York Jets on Sunday, to the tune of 38-20. But some foul news was percolating even before the Dolphins went out and played miserably against their hated rival. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Ndamukong Suh gave his defensive teammates a pregame speech in which he basically told them most of them had no business being on the same field as him.

"I run this defense," Suh said, according to Rapoport's report. "I'm going to be here for the next five years. There is no guarantee any of you will be as well. Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now." 

Rapoport also says that Suh told the team the schemes were not good enough, the techniques were not enough and everyone needed to be better, "Follow me," Suh said, according to the NFL reporter.

Then the team went out and got its ass dented.

Following the game, Suh caught wind of the report and decided to respond via memes on social media, where he singled Rapoport out.

Rapoport says the team's reaction to Suh's speech was mixed.

"My understanding is the room was split," he reports. "Some saw this as the kind of address a leader would give. Others, just something they've never heard before." 

Whatever the reaction, it clearly wasn't enough, as the Dolphins' defense was manhandled by the Jets offense, which threw down 38 points and put up 137 combined yards against Miami on the ground. 

Back in September, the Miami Herald reported that Suh had stopped listening to coaches during a game and began freelancing during plays, causing chaos and confusion among other defensive players.

Suh was the Dolphins' biggest free-agent splash in years over the offseason, giving the big defensive tackle a whopping six-year, $114 million contract that has so far delivered the same old Dolphins along with seemingly petty memes directed at NFL reporters. 

It's also given the Dolphins their familiar spot of being near the bottom in the league in overall defensive rankings.  

Yeah as I said if he is that good the team owning his rights will not let him go.  The one and only instance I can recall of a star dlineman getting signed for big dolalrs and having the impact the team hoped would be reggie white.

Posting the pic was my agreement with your assessment. Watt is still a Texan. 

Lol, remember when he denied reports that he was free-lancing too much earlier in the season? That he wasn't listening to his coaches? No way that was true. 

Only way this gets better is if Tanny hires Brian Schottenheimer as their next head coach. 

You laugh but I actually thought that was/is a real possibility...  Remember how smitten and in luv with Schotty the Jets were before they hired Rex....

You laugh but I actually thought that was/is a real possibility...  Remember how smitten and in luv with Schotty the Jets were before they hired Rex....

Haha, yes I do. That hope is definitely somewhat based in reality. Schotty was #2 in Tanny's head coaching search that year, and considered indispensable. Such a hire would not surprise me at all. Tannenbaum needs someone he trusts to fix his high-priced Tennehill. 

Archived