Winters Freezes out Miami’s Suh Once Again

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   For the second time this season, New York Jets guard Brian Winters was asked to take on the unenviable task of protecting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick from often menacing defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh of the Miami Dolphins. Winters won the first round against Suh earlier this season in London when he neutralized […]

Click here to read the full story...

How to win friends and influence people ...

“I run this defense, I’m going to be here for the next five years, there is no guarantee any of you will be as well,” Suh said, according to the NFL Network report. “Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now.”

What else is new? Every time we have played a "Suh ran" defense, he has been handled with ease. Mangold and Winters both own him.

Suh is the definition of overrated and it makes me smile to think that Miami is stuck with his contract and bad attitude for the next 5 years.

The NFLPA should be furious with Suh.  Teams will think twice and three times before shelling out that type of money for second contracts if the player dogs it like that.  I would rather have lots of draft picks to find players working for their second contracts.

If you take away Ivory's first carry and his TD romp and the other 19 carries went for 40 yards. This team needs to be able to run the ball, and was Colon's forte. Winters seems better at pass protection, but the run game is what needs to get going.

Agreed.  But if Winters can at least do one thing well I'm happy.  Breno is probably the bigger problem.  He came here advertised as a run blocker.  Instead he's been a big ball of suck, with a bunch of stupid penalties thrown in to the suck salad. 

If Tannenbaum hadn't been the one to let go of Slauson we'd all be giving Idzik 100 % of the blame for lackluster OL play.

Headline should read "Suh freezes out Suh" 

If Suh is motivated and playing 100pct, there are only a handful of lineman that can block him and Winters is not one of them. Either way, I'll take it. 

Any reason to believe he wasn't giving 100% after telling his team that the defense was all about him?

If you take away Ivory's first carry and his TD romp and the other 19 carries went for 40 yards. This team needs to be able to run the ball, and was Colon's forte. Winters seems better at pass protection, but the run game is what needs to get going.

But think about what ivory was running into...the fins had a safety (#20) in the box on just about every run play...hard to just pound the rock with more guys then you can block

Archived