Fitzpatrick, Marshall Vault Jets “O” into top ten

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   Following a decisive 38-20 victory, highlighted by Ryan Fitzpatrick’s four touchdown pass performance, two of which were to star receiver Brandon Marshall, the Jets find themselves in very unfamiliar territory among the top scoring offenses in the NFL. The  38-point output moved the Jets from 12th to 7th in scoring at […]

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering how can the Jets offense be in the top ten with a very inconsistent running game and the most horrible QB in the NFL... just wondering

Mangini drafted Brick and Mangold...it's all him.

Fitz with 20 touchdowns 11 games into the season, when's the last time we had that? When's the last time we had 20 touchdowns by our QB in a full season? We've been so deprived. This unit is fun to watch. Marshall tied 2nd in the league with 9 touchdowns. Ivory has 7 and on pace for his first 1,000 yard season. Cool stuff happening on offense for the first time in forever. Marshall is probably the best receiver since Maynard. 

I would start Geno this week, he gets balls deep and nobody has any proof that he cannot lead, plus, Fitz has already hit his max number of wins for the season, so Fitz cannot win anymore games.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing no way Fitz can single handedly win another game 6 is it he's hit the fuking cap. I don't know about you but I'm gonna stop watching now to save myself from the grief ahead.

Fitz with 20 touchdowns 11 games into the season, when's the last time we had that? When's the last time we had 20 touchdowns by our QB in a full season? We've been so deprived. This unit is fun to watch. Marshall tied 2nd in the league with 9 touchdowns. Ivory has 7 and on pace for his first 1,000 yard season. Cool stuff happening on offense for the first time in forever. Marshall is probably the best receiver since Maynard. 

Sanchez threw 26 once, but of course he had 18 INT's to go with it, a number he would repeat the following season.

I'll gladly sign up for another year of Fitz as long as it does not preclude us from entering the QB market to look for our future at the position.  

We need to take a long, hard look at Petty this offseason and see if he's merely going to be a backup to our true future franchise QB or if he's the guy we end up grooming.  I'd prefer to keep adding QB's until we're sure we have one, but that's not always easy to do.  When you commit draft picks to the QB position, you're guaranteeing them a valuable roster spot(s).  (Unless of course he's a useless d*ckbag from your coach's son's team.)

Playing sh*tty teams with losing records?

56 % of teams have a losing record this year, and another 7 teams have 6-5 records (I.E. just one loss away from mediocrity).  We WERE one of those sh*tty teams last season.  It's nice to lay the hammer down on a fellow sh*tty team once in a while.

56 % of teams have a losing record this year, and another 7 teams have 6-5 records.  We WERE one of those sh*tty teams last season.  It's nice to lay the hammer down on a fellow sh*tty team once in a while.

I agree. I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Yet does not mean anything going forward. 

Archived