Fitzpatrick, Marshall Vault Jets “O” into top ten

JetNation

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Yet does not mean anything going forward. 

Maybe so.  I choose to think that maybe yesterday will help us start to turn the corner.  Just because we're SUPPOSED to beat teams like Miami doesn't mean we shouldn't be impressed when they do so emphatically.  It means this team cares and is still hungry to get to the postseason.  Let's see if any of that carries over to the Giants game.

the jets also have the #1 rush defense in yards per game at 88 and are #1 in rushing TD's allowed with 2

the jets also the # 5 QB sacker in Mo wilk with 8

the jets also have a CB tied for the lead in INT's in Marcus Williams with 5

the jets also have a WR in 5th place in yards in Brandon Marshall with 931

the jets also have a RB in 6th place in yards in Chris Ivory with 766

CHAN GAILEY BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s

It is amazing how poorly this coaching staff has been treated.  It is utterly amazing that the Jets offense has been as good as it has been with a journeyman QB at the helm and some games where the running game has disappeared at times, with significant injuries on the OL.  

I really wonder what people thought was gong to happen to the Jets with the dearth of talent that was on the squad the last few years.  

It is amazing how poorly this coaching staff has been treated.  It is utterly amazing that the Jets offense has been as good as it has been with a journeyman QB at the helm and some games where the running game has disappeared at times, with significant injuries on the OL.  

I really wonder what people thought was gong to happen to the Jets with the dearth of talent that was on the squad the last few years.  

As somebody said earlier, this is why Jets fans don't deserve nice things.

A legit shot for this team to have its best offense in decades and some people are letting it ruin their Sundays.  

Hilarious.

As somebody said earlier, this is why Jets fans don't deserve nice things.

A legit shot for this team to have its best offense in decades and some people are letting it ruin their Sundays.  

Hilarious.

Think on this some posters have said that we should have fired Chan mid season already!!!

Chan is certainly not perfect by any stretch but at least he takes shots down the field and has some balls.  After over a decade of conservative play calling with Hackett/Schotty/..etc finally to see a guy who calls pass plays that go past the first down sticks is a huge breath of fresh air.  For now I'll take that.

Also, I'd rather have a QB who "pads his stats" against weak teams than one that loses to weak teams.  We haven't had a QB capable of "padding" his stats in a while.  Usually they're too busy throwing more picks than TD's, regardless of the opponent.

When they did pad those stats again "losing" teams the wins were deemed meaningless by many here. Fitz had an impressive game against a losing NFL team - hmmm where have I seen that before ???. Pummel the crap out of the Vagiants and I'll jump aboard even with their 32nd ranked D.

Even if this team finishes 20th in scoring, nobody thought there was any way the Jets would be ranked this high so late in the season.  It is refreshing to not feel like 17 points is an accomplishment.

Even if this team finishes 20th in scoring, nobody thought there was any way the Jets would be ranked this high so late in the season.  It is refreshing to not feel like 17 points is an accomplishment.

To me its simple - addition by subtraction, Losing the defensive mastermind has made a big difference.

It might not be a terrible thing to try to keep this core unit intact next season while upgrading the running game depth and o-line, and perhaps even a TE?

I wouldn't be shocked if Fitz is the starter (at least early on) again next season.  Draft another QB to compete with Petty and Geno if he's still around.  Let 'em learn behind Fitz for a bit.  

I wouldn't be shocked if Fitz is the starter (at least early on) again next season.  Draft another QB to compete with Petty and Geno if he's still around.  Let 'em learn behind Fitz for a bit.  

If Fitz can duplicate this season next year (without getting himself killed), sign me up for this scenario.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has more completions, more yards passing, a higher completion percentage and has thrown the same amount of touchdown passes as Cam Newton so far this year. 

His arm strength though...

I'm not surprised, Fitz is good at padding stats against crap teams. He had a 6 TD game  when he was playing for Tennessee 

He did it as a member of the Texans, against the Titans.

He is good at padding stats, in fact he's known around the league for it. He'll probably make the hall of fame, even though I don't think he deserves it, just because he's a compiler. 

I'll gladly sign up for another year of Fitz as long as it does not preclude us from entering the QB market to look for our future at the position.  

We need to take a long, hard look at Petty this offseason and see if he's merely going to be a backup to our true future franchise QB or if he's the guy we end up grooming.  I'd prefer to keep adding QB's until we're sure we have one, but that's not always easy to do.  When you commit draft picks to the QB position, you're guaranteeing them a valuable roster spot(s).  (Unless of course he's a useless d*ckbag from your coach's son's team.)

A lot may depend on how the Jets view the current college crop this year as opposed to next year. We did draft Bryce Petty and only the Jets know right now how he's progressing. If they opt not to take a QB in the first 3 or 4 rounds that should be a telling sign of how they feel about Petty unless something unexpected happens and one of the top prospects falls.

I would love to see us draft a dynamic RB for once which should really give this offense a big boost. This team as it stands has no real way to exploit LB's in the passing game and a RB and TE will go a long way in that department. Amaro was on the sh*t list so no telling how we proceed would be nice if we can get a duel threat at both TE and RB meaning the TE can both block and catch and the RB can both run and be a nice outlet out of the back field. Imagine what it would be like to have a young stud like a Jamaal Charles, Marshall Faulk or a Matt Forte early in their careers as a comparision.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has more completions, more yards passing, a higher completion percentage and has thrown the same amount of touchdown passes as Cam Newton so far this year. 

If this team is ranked 7th on offense then Fitz gets ALL the credit cause if it ranked 27th like were used to he certainly would have gotten all the fault.

I say get a dynamic RB and this offense goes nuts next year.

are you seriously comparing Newton to fitz here?

Newton, the Greek God, with all the physical gifts in the world...being outperformed, or at least matched in performance, by a 7th rounder from Harvard, but fortunately, his 200 yards passing a game are good enough to make him look golden, because he has a running game and defense to rely on...and yes pal, comparing stats is fair game.

Newton, the Greek God, with all the physical gifts in the world...being outperformed, or at least matched in performance, by a 7th rounder from Harvard, but fortunately, his 200 yards passing a game are good enough to make him look golden, because he has a running game and defense to rely on...and yes pal, comparing stats is fair game.

LOL no really you're joking right? But if you're seriously trying to make the argument that fitz is outperforming Newton at least include all the relevant stats, not just the ones you're cherry picking to delude yourself with. Not to mention the fact that Carolina has literal dogsh*t at WR and cam is running the ball 9 times a game too. If you put cam newton on this jets roster we could easily be 11-0 right now

LOL no really you're joking right? But if you're seriously trying to make the argument that fitz is outperforming Newton at least include all the relevant stats, not just the ones you're cherry picking to delude yourself with. Not to mention the fact that Carolina has literal dogsh*t at WR and cam is running the ball 9 times a game too. If you put cam newton on this jets roster we could easily be 11-0 right now

So our WR's would miraculously catch every pass they dropped on Fitz simply because Cam Newton was the QB ? Just stop already the comparison was fair Cam is not a world beater throwing the football its the duel threat that gets him by in games and vs the top defenses he will be facing in the playoffs that's all coming to an end once the play offs start. Cam is ripe for a 150 yard 3 int game in the playoffs just watch.

the jets also have the #1 rush defense in yards per game at 88 and are #1 in rushing TD's allowed with 2

the jets also the # 5 QB sacker in Mo wilk with 8

the jets also have a CB tied for the lead in INT's in Marcus Williams with 5

the jets also have a WR in 5th place in yards in Brandon Marshall with 931

the jets also have a RB in 6th place in yards in Chris Ivory with 766

The Jets are also a mediocre .500 football team.

Only stat that matters is won/loss record.

If this team is ranked 7th on offense then Fitz gets ALL the credit cause if it ranked 27th like were used to he certainly would have gotten all the fault.

I say get a dynamic RB and this offense goes nuts next year.

An upgraded offensive line, particularly at RT, would make our RB's look a lot more dynamic.

Archived