Fitz may set the NYJ record for TD passes in a season

johnnyjet

Vinnys 29 is in jeopardy.  29. ugh.  

Yeah...as I said in the other thread, this offense has just been sooo bad....for decades...several of them.

I'd love to see him do it though.

We've never had a QB throw for 30 TDs?!?!  Oh my goodness is that embarrassing.  We're probably the only team in the NFL where that's the case.

From a quick (manual) review, I think the Bears have never had a 30 TD QB either.  I checked the other teams below and stopped looking as soon as I found a 30 TD season for a QB. 

Arizona: Kurt Warner 30 TDs 2008
Atlanta: Matt Ryan 32 TDs 2012
Baltimore: Testaverde 33TDs 1996
Buffalo: Kelly 33 TDs 1991
Carolina: Beuerlein 36 TDs 1999

If he does it, it'll be a strange record for the worst QB in the history of the franchise to set.

Not a Jet fan for a long time huh. We have more scrubs as QB's over the span of time than any NFL franchise in history.  Not saying Fitzy is anything to write home about, but he does possess intangibles many former Jet QB's severely lacked.  If you don't like the guy that's fine but do some research and you'll see Fitzy is actually a middle of the pack QB in our glorious history.

Not a Jet fan for a long time huh. We have more scrubs as QB's over the span of time than any NFL franchise in history.  Not saying Fitzy is anything to write home about, but he does possess intangibles many former Jet QB's severely lacked.  If you don't like the guy that's fine but do some research and you'll see Fitzy is actually a middle of the pack QB in our glorious history.

LOL...I was being sarcastic.  I've liked the Fitz signing from day one.  Breaking balls over the "Fitz is the worst QB in Jets history" thread before the season started.

Looks like a few teams have had no 30 TD passers in a single season.  I could be wrong by the way but this was from my manual checks.  I only care about the superbowl era (1967 and later).  The Redskins' Sonny Jurgensen threw for 31 TDs in 1967 so they do make the cut-off.   But the Bears, Houston, Jax, KC, Jets and Bucs are the only ones I think who haven't had a 30 TD passer in a single season.

Arizona: Kurt Warner 30 TDs 2008
Atlanta: Matt Ryan 32 TDs 2012
Baltimore: Testaverde 33TDs 1996
Buffalo: Kelly 33 TDs 1991
Carolina: Beuerlein 36 TDs 1999
Chicago: none
Cincinnati: Carson Palmer 32 TDs 2005
Cleveland: Brian Sipe 30 1980
Dallas: Romo 36 TDs 2007
Denver: Peyton 55 TDs 2013
Detroit: Stafford 41 TDs 2011
Green Bay: Rodgers 45 TDs 2011
Houston: none
Indy: Peyton 49 TDs 2004
Jax: None
KC: None

Miami: Marino 48 TDs 1984
Minnesota: Culpepper 39 TDs 2004
New England: Brady
New Orleans: Brees
Giants: Eli 31 TDs 2010
Jets: None
Oakland: Lamonica 34 TDs 1969
Philly: Mcnabb 31 TDs 2004
Pittsburgh: Roethlisberger 32 TDs 2014
SD: Rivers 34 TDs 2008
49ers: Garcia 32 TDs 2001
Seahawks: Kreig 32 TDs 1984
Rams: Warner 41 TDs 1999
Bucs: None
Titans: Moon 33 TDs 1990
Redskins: Jurgensen 31 TDs 1967

People are amazing in how much they put this guy down...missed a full game, playing with an injury, has had 4 or 5 TD's dropped in the end zone , first year on a team coming off of a 4-12 season and in position to possibly break the all time franchise record for TD passes on a team that has been in existence for over 45 years, and basically no credit....wow, just wow.

LOL...I was being sarcastic.  I've liked the Fitz signing from day one.  Breaking balls over the "Fitz is the worst QB in Jets history" thread before the season started.

Oh ok missed the sarcasm there.  We're lucky to have him. Another year of Geno and I may have punched him myself.  

People are amazing in how much they put this guy down...missed a full game, playing with an injury, has had 4 or 5 TD's dropped in the end zone , first year on a team coming off of a 4-12 season and in position to possibly break the all time franchise record for TD passes on a team that has been in existence for over 45 years, and basically no credit....wow, just wow.

Plenty of fans give him credit, but others hate him because he'd never win the QB challenge long distance throw competition.  

Fitzy has actually OUTPERFORMED his expectations thus far. If our defense had played to theirs as was advertised, we would be the favorite for the wild card.  If teams like the Ravens could win with Dilfer and the Bucs with Johnson, we could win with Fitzy who is as good a back up QB/game manager as there is.  Fitzty is not the problem.  Nor is he the  type of QB who's going to lead you back from a big deficit.  He has his limitations which he still has to realize but he's been a God send to this team.  Bowles sticking with him, despite his own rookie mistakes, speaks volumes of what he thinks of Geno.     

Fitzy has actually OUTPERFORMED his expectations thus far. If our defense had played to theirs as was advertised, we would be the favorite for the wild card.  If teams like the Ravens could win with Dilfer and the Bucs with Johnson, we could win with Fitzy who is as good a back up QB/game manager as there is.  Fitzty is not the problem.  Nor is he the  type of QB who's going to lead you back from a big deficit.  He has his limitations which he still has to realize but he's been a God send to this team.  Bowles sticking with him, despite his own rookie mistakes, speaks volumes of what he thinks of Geno.     

This team would be coasting in to the playoffs if the defense hadn't dug holes against teams like Philly, Buffalo and Houston.  Hopefully they've gotten it together and that blueprint can carry them down the stretch to a playoff run.

Plenty of fans give him credit, but others hate him because he'd never win the QB challenge long distance throw competition.  

Jamarcus Russell threw a ball 70 yards on his knees.  But he can't read the calorie count on a box of cookies. 

Jamarcus Russell threw a ball 70 yards on his knees.  But he can't read the calorie count on a box of cookies. 

There are a few fans on here who would might take Russell over Fitz.  Lots of fans think arm strength is king.

There are a few fans on here who would might take Russell over Fitz.  Lots of fans think arm strength is king.

That little teeny booper is a special talent.  He dissected the Steelers this past Sunday. Another one bites the dust. 

One taste of hamburger after years of eating dog food and suddenly fans demand filet mignon.

Bingo.  All of a sudden, anything less than #1 "sucks" after years of 25th or worse.

I think we were all kidding about the worst quarterback talk. I love Fitzmagic. We all love Fitzmagic.

I think we were all kidding about the worst quarterback talk. I love Fitzmagic. We all love Fitzmagic.

Bubby Brister,  Kellen Clemmens, Geno Smith..... what do these names have in common?  You never want to be reminded of them ever again. 

One taste of hamburger after years of eating dog food and suddenly fans demand filet mignon.

the problem is fitz is dog food disguised as hamburger. He's useful for padding stats against garbage teams but that's about it. He's a frontrunner that folds against tough competition, a decent backup QB but let's not kid ourselves that we have a shot at winning anything until we get an upgrade 

the problem is fitz is dog food disguised as hamburger. He's useful for padding stats against garbage teams but that's about it. He's a frontrunner that folds against tough competition, a decent backup QB but let's not kid ourselves that we have a shot at winning anything until we get an upgrade 

You must be so envious of the guy it is tearing you apart....is your life that hollow and full of disappointment that you must constantly attack someone else...time to look in the mirror and reassess your own shortcomings, my friend.

Archived