The Landry / Tannehill Misconception

j4jets

Jarvis Landry had a career day piling up catches against Buster Skrine, mostly. He went off for 13 catches for 133 yards and a TD. On the surface, Landry was unstoppable.

Tannehill also had a nice day stat-wise. 33/58 for 351 yards, 3 TDs and an int. Those stat-line would generally result in a win. Not last weekend. 

However,, when the Jets scored their 3rd TD (Decker TD), they took a commanding 21-0 lead. With about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Tannehill was 14 out of 28 for 113 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int and a QB rating of 45.7. He went off for 238 yards and 3 TDs in the last 20 minutes of the game when his team was down 21 points while the Jets answered each of his score with their own score.

Landry, on the other hand, had 5 catches for 47 yards with about 20 minutes left in the game. Nothing special. Just an average day for a teams #1 WR. He went off for 8 catches for 118 yards and a TD in garbage time when the game was 3-4 scores apart.

So even though those two players had a nice day stat-wise, they were nothing more than average (Tannehill was sh*t) when the game mattered. These two players are great at stat-padding. Landry didn't do sh*t for the team and neither did Tannehill. Im sick and tired of posters saying Landry was great, unstoppable etc. He was garbage going up against a garbage corner (Cro), and piled up garbage yardage.

***Drops the mic...

Landry is good. I'd love to have him on the Jets to compliment Marshall and Decker.

Tannehill is the definition of average and it makes me smile when I think about his contract. Can you believe we're stuck playing him for the next 3 years?

yup.  I'll add landry is the only player on that team that gives a sh*t, and he made skrine look silly in the first half when the game was close. 

yup.  I'll add landry is the only player on that team that gives a sh*t, and he made skrine look silly in the first half when the game was close. 

He had 5 catches for 47 yards in almost 3 quarters. I wouldn't call that "made Skrine look silly". 

Jarvis Landry had a career day piling up catches against Buster Skrine, mostly. He went off for 13 catches for 133 yards and a TD. On the surface, Landry was unstoppable.

Tannehill also had a nice day stat-wise. 33/58 for 351 yards, 3 TDs and an int. Those stat-line would generally result in a win. Not last weekend. 

However,, when the Jets scored their 3rd TD (Decker TD), they took a commanding 21-0 lead. With about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Tannehill was 14 out of 28 for 113 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int and a QB rating of 45.7. He went off for 238 yards and 3 TDs in the last 20 minutes of the game when his team was down 21 points while the Jets answered each of his score with their own score.

Landry, on the other hand, had 5 catches for 47 yards with about 20 minutes left in the game. Nothing special. Just an average day for a teams #1 WR. He went off for 8 catches for 118 yards and a TD in garbage time when the game was 3-4 scores apart.

So even though those two players had a nice day stat-wise, they were nothing more than average (Tannehill was sh*t) when the game mattered. These two players are great at stat-padding. Landry didn't do sh*t for the team and neither did Tannehill. Im sick and tired of posters saying Landry was great, unstoppable etc. He was garbage going up against a garbage corner (Cro), and piled up garbage yardage.

***Drops the mic...

This has been a part of football since the start.  Reading stat sheets don't always tell the story and often mask what really happened.  Hardly worth dropping the mic over.

the 2 blown tackles that lead to first downs weren't so impressive

What else did he do besides those two tackles while it was still a game? Skrine is not a shutdown corner and held his own against the opposing #1. I'd take that any day.

Landry is good. I'd love to have him on the Jets to compliment Marshall and Decker.

Tannehill is the definition of average and it makes me smile when I think about his contract. Can you believe we're stuck playing him for the next 3 years?

I'm hoping he's their Sanchez/Rob Johnson - a player who showed a tiny amount of promise but the org held on for way too long.

***Drops the mic...

achoo darrin cough walls cough

***Drops the mic...

Tannenhill had the typical garbage time game that works well for fantasy football but is meaningless in the real game.  Giving tannehill 96 million is just nuts. 

We played soft in the 4th, played our bottom of the barrel corners and let up some yards.  When the game mattered......

he catches it in the crowd and he produces a lot of extra yardage.  I love the guy.  If his numbers were average up to that point, it is because he had the Immortal Tannehill QBing his team

Tannenhill had the typical garbage time game that works well for fantasy football but is meaningless in the real game.  Giving tannehill 96 million is just nuts. 

We played soft in the 4th, played our bottom of the barrel corners and let up some yards.  When the game mattered......

Bottom of the barrel? Cro and Skrine (two starters) were responsible for most of the yardage and a touchdown. Those two haven't been good enough to warrant their contracts this year. Watch the games!

Bottom of the barrel? Cro and Skrine (two starters) were responsible for most of the yardage and a touchdown. Those two haven't been good enough to warrant their contracts this year. Watch the games!

watched the game.  Wasn't everyone on here bashing CRO and skrine?   

Archived