Fitz has won me over

Jetster

Fitz has 22 TD and 11 Int's. He is having a better year than Favre had for the Jets in 08 by a lot. But most of the naysayers will either go quiet or keep on their agenda driven analysis.

If Fitz finishes strong, he could, could, set the Jets team records for TD's in a season and yards passing in a season.

It's amazing this team has never had a 30 TD passing performance.  Also, only 1 4000 yard season.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fitz finishes strong, he could, could, set the Jets team records for TD's in a season and yards passing in a season.

It's amazing this team has never had a 30 TD passing performance.  Also, only 1 4000 yard season.

What's more amazing is who holds that 29 TD passing record.  Hint:  It's not Joe, Kenny, Vinny or Chad.

Not a Fitz stat, but I read somewhere that Marshal is the first double digit TD WR since Moss.  Looks like there will be a lot of things that hasn't happened in a while.  The one that I hope stands is playoff appearances with a rookie HC - here is to Bowels extending that streak.

Apologies....wrong record.  I was thinking of which Jets QB has the most total TDs (32 combined passing and rushing) in a season.  THAT is not Vinny.

In that case Fitz Career wise has 158 tds 112 picks to Kenny O's 128-98.  And Kenny had better RB's and W/R's for most of his career plus more game starts..

If he was any faster he would be a snail and Kenny fans blame the O-line..LOL  At the end of the first half by the time Kenny got to the locker room it was time to take the field again.. 

Kenny took more big shots than a one armed boxer. Sure he was slow as molasses but you can't overlook that Oline .

The same O-line Pat Ryan had no problem with.. You remember Ryan the backup that won a playoff game something Kenny could never do..

I do, and it was a magical run with Ryan until he injured his groin in pre-game warmups of the Cle playoff game. That everyone remembers for the Gastineau roughing the passer on Kosar.

A couple of wins including the Giants and you all just spread 'em like you're workin' downtown during fleet week.

Well not me! Sure Fitz is easy to root for. Guy plays his ass off week in and week out. He puts his body on the line. He's a fearless leader who guys will run through a brickwall for. BUT... He is still a very limited player talent wise and is way too far on the wrong side of 30 to be considered a real long term solution. 

That being said..... I could see him coming back next year with another young arm drafted in the round 2-4 range to compete with Petty for the long term job. 

A couple of wins including the Giants and you all just spread 'em like you're workin' downtown during fleet week.

Well not me! Sure Fitz is easy to root for. Guy plays his ass off week in and week out. He puts his body on the line. He's a fearless leader who guys will run through a brickwall for. BUT... He is still a very limited player talent wise and is way too far on the wrong side of 30 to be considered a real long term solution. 

That being said..... I could see him coming back next year with another young arm drafted in the round 2-4 range to compete with Petty for the long term job. 

Yep that could be the plan unless Mac does something crazy and signs Bree's.. LOL

Sorry but this is a dumb & schizophrenic post.  

Fitz is the unquestionable leader of the NY Jets.

If you have been reading the comments from the Jets players on Fitz this season and even more so from yesterday you can see that the whole team is sold on him even with his limitations.  He has intangibles that make the players around him feel more confident and ready to go.  This is why Geno can only be the QB if there is an injury.  It would be like the air being sucked out of the room for this team. .

In that case Fitz Career wise has 158 tds 112 picks to Kenny O's 128-98.  And Kenny had better RB's and W/R's for most of his career plus more game starts..

Just to clarify...the single-season record holder for most TDs scored by a QB (rushing + passing) is Mark Sanchez with 32 (26 passing, 6 rushing I believe).  That's a  pretty sad record for 50ish years of football.

Trying to live in the moment but still somewhat concerned over the contract he will get in off-season. He's still not our long-term answer and could restrict our improvement in other areas with the significantly increased cap number you'd have to expect. That said, I probably won't care if he gets us in the playoffs this year. 

Trying to live in the moment but still somewhat concerned over the contract he will get in off-season. He's still not our long-term answer and could restrict our improvement in other areas with the significantly increased cap number you'd have to expect. That said, I probably won't care if he gets us in the playoffs this year. 

Disagree Fitz is a journeyman at this stage of his career he's looking to settle down and sign and retire with a team why not the Jets. 

Macca has some work to do for sure. there will be some restructuring going on with a few players on the roster. 

Disagree Fitz is a journeyman at this stage of his career he's looking to settle down and sign and retire with a team why not the Jets. 

Macca has some work to do for sure. there will be some restructuring going on with a few players on the roster. 

I assume we keep Fitz next year and 'if Petty is looking good in practices/film room' they let hom learn 1 more year or shift him in next year depending on how season goes.

I hope Mac gets a Punt/Kick returner in draft or FA.

Just to clarify...the single-season record holder for most TDs scored by a QB (rushing + passing) is Mark Sanchez with 32 (26 passing, 6 rushing I believe).  That's a  pretty sad record for 50ish years of football.

According to profootballreference.com, Al Dorow had 33 (26 throwing, 7 rushing) in 1960.

"This guy's a stud," Marshall said of Fitzpatrick. "Even when we were sputtering a little bit, he still kept his composure. That's the type of guy you want leading you."

I surprised they didn't put him in the Harvard football HOF and retire his number by now..:)

Disagree. I think priority #1 for Fitzy should and will be money. He's certainly likely to beat the Josh McCown deal, probably by a good margin. 

Archived