Fess up...where were you dead wrong this season?

AFJF

There's never a shortage of "told ya' so" threads/comments....what predictions did you whiff on?

Some of mine:

If I had to predict Marshall's stats before the season started I probably would've said 800-950 yds and 8 TD's...glad I'd have been way off.

I knew Fitz would be better than Sanchez or Geno but he's almost at a 2/1 TD to INT ratio...I didn't think he'd be anywhere near that this late in the season.  Figured he'd finish up with around 25 TD's, 18-19 INT's.  Could still happen, but unlikely.

Carpenter...kind of wrong on him.  Watched a bunch of film on him w/ Seattle and he looked really bad fairly often so I was worried.  Guess he wasn't kidding when he said Jets blocking scheme was a better fit for him.  If you go back and watch the SB you'll see him getting beaten badly by the Pats on a regular basis.

Thought Devin Smith would make an immediate impact with no pressure to be a no. 1 or 2.

Figured Coples would have his most productive season in Bowles' defense...oops.

Thought Leonard WIlliams would put up anywhere between 6-10 sacks with Mo and Sheldon drawing most of the attention.  He may not even get 1.

Thought Trevor Reilly would get more reps and pick up 7 or 8 sacks when Babin was let go.  Felt good about that after his opening day sack but so much for that.

Thought Ridley would be of some use once he recovered from his injury...that's not looking so hot right now.

Didn't think Winters was going to see any action as a starter and maybe even not make the final 53.

Expected more out of Enunwa as a receiver but still haven't given up on him.

Whatcha got?

I thought Devin smith was going to light it up. I thought Cro would have a couple pick 6's by now. I thought dee milliner would have significant playing time once he came back. I thought Leonard Williams would have more than just one half sack. I thought Coples would do well in Bowles system. 

Thats all I got off the top of my head, nice to see some similarities and that I wasn't the one only one. 

I thought Gilchrist was a better safety too! He's not the ball hawk I thought he was.

1.  Thought we'd play a conservative zone read defense under Bowles.

2.  Thought Chris Ivory would catch 80 passes.

3.  Thought Antonio Cromartie would pick off 12 passes.

4.  Thought T0mShane would get a girlfriend.

5.  Thought Max would be calling for the return of Herm Edwards.

Samsonite, I was way off.

I thought Devin smith was going to light it up. I thought Cro would have a couple pick 6's by now. I thought dee milliner would have significant playing time once he came back. I thought Leonard Williams would have more than just one half sack. I thought Coples would do well in Bowles system. 

Thats all I got off the top of my head, nice to see some similarities and that I wasn't the one only one. 

I thought Gilchrist was a better safety too! He's not the ball hawk I thought he was.

I've been very happy with Gilchrist...I didn't expect a ton of INT's but I did expect much improved play at the FS position and he has brought that.

1) Thought Steven Ridley would be more of a factor 

2) Thought Coples was going to amount to something under Bowles 

3) Thought Devin Smith would have an immediate impact on special teams 

4) Thought Amaro was a stud 

All of these PLUS I thought New England would suck after the crazy off season - what a DOPE!!!!

I thought our Defense would be much better, especially after our Week 1 dominance, I am shocked by how we can be exposed.

I thought that Smith would be our #4 receiver behind Kerley and brought in to take the top off defenses.  Did not see Kerley riding the pine.

I thought our Defense would be much better, especially after our Week 1 dominance, I am shocked by how we can be exposed.

I thought that Smith would be our #4 receiver behind Kerley and brought in to take the top off defenses.  Did not see Kerley riding the pine.

I can respect the fact that they didn't think Kerley's skill set fit what they wanted to do, but with all of Smith's struggles I thought it was time to go back to the more reliable Kerley.  I think they've misused him terribly this season.

Well you were wrong on number 4..

575bb728cf4f83b79e96fd89fa0116f0.jpg

I can respect the fact that they didn't think Kerley's skill set fit what they wanted to do, but with all of Smith's struggles I thought it was time to go back to the more reliable Kerley.  I think they've misused him terribly this season.

I just remember thinking that we didnt HAVE to rush Smith into starting with Marshal, Decker, Kerley and Amaro as receivers.  It was nice to think he could be brought along at whatever pace he could handle.  Injuries have set him back but maybe, maaaayyyyybe he will hit his stride and gel with Fitz soon. I sure hope so with teams now almost always doubling Marshal.

Thought Jets would trade for Mike Glennon

Thought Devin Smith would have more of an impact (I think the offseason injury cost him major development/chemistry)

Thought the Jets would trade down (They drafted Williams)

Thought Coples would have his best season under Bowles (Still believe that he was in the wrong system). 

Thought Revis would be the best CB on the team (Marcus Williams is a beast). :-)

Kerley's problem is that he doesn't fit anymore; We have a true #1 & #2 now; Kerley's is a slot guy, but Gailey likes to rotate Marshall through the slot; other than for rest or injury, you don't want to every pull Marshall and Decker.  Kerley is a possesion receiver, but so is Decker.  If you want to stretch the field, Smith has the speed; had any of the bombs to Smith worked, teams couldn't stack the box on us which helps the running game.  Enumwa blocks for and helps the running game.  Kerley works best underneath which is crowded as people are stacking the box on us.

In the spirit of this thread, however; I expected our passing defense to be better (should have known that our LBs would be exposed); thought Bowels would adjust better after the half (seemed to do it earlier); thought Milliner would be a star; thought Pryor would play better, but no to the level he has.  Knew Fitz was a better choice, but didn't think we would be putting 38 points on anyone.

Calvin Pryor.  Was way off with him, I'm glad I'm eating those words because frankly we need some former 1st rounder to step up.

Geno.  I really thought he would step up and I even defended him during the whole jawbone incident.  But fact is there's something off about him and he just can't be and will never be a leader in my eyes.  The guy is just missing something upstairs to really take the reigns.  I doubt he'll be on the team next year.  I suspect we will draft someone and go with Fitz for another season to either start or back up Petty or drafted QB.

Brick-I had faith, but man he's lost a step or two.  Hoping against hope he's got an injury we don't know about.

Cromartie-Had faith in him too, but he's shot. 

I thought Bowles would blitz more than he has.

I said Gailey sucks as a coordinator. I still think that is the case and Bowles is pushing him to open up the playbook more and be less conservative.

I had hoped Devin Smith would be more productive; I had no idea he would be this much of a mess this year.

I thought we would win the Texas game but lose the Colts game.

Thought Geno would have a break out season.  He did, just not the one he or I was expecting lol. 

I thought Coples would thrive in Bowles attacking schemes.

Thought Smith would have a more immediate impact but after him missing all preseason and training camp my expectations were dampened. 

Thought Leonard Williams would "dominate" as a rookie. He has a had a few moments but seems to have hit the wall.  The decreased reps may actually work out in his favor as he will be fresher. 

Thought Amaro would have a good season.  Injured and never played a down.

Thought Pryor would emerge (finally got one right!)

Thought Milliner would finally justify his 1st round status (and whiffed big time on this one)

Thought our Special teams would be alot better, especially our return game.  Cutting Walter Powell was a mistake, imho. 

Expected Mauldin to be getting most of Paces reps.  It has taken awhile but Bowles has FINALLY woken up.  

I thought Devier Posey would be our 4, 5th or 6th receiver; he didn't even make the team. 

Thought Marshall would have a bounce back season; with the exception of some untimely drops, he has. 

That is all I can think of for now.... 

I thought Ryan Fitzpatrick to the surprise of everyone would find a wide open Kellen Davis for a game winner against buffalo...putting us at 7-4 after 11 weeks and buffalo at 4-7....hey I was damn close.

1. Was hoping to trade up for Mariota and send Geno elsewhere. Knew if Mariota was drafted by a bottom feeder he'd struggle to showcase his full potential.

2. Thought Bowles' D would win more games for us.

3. Fitz is exactly what I expected; inconsistent, unpredictable, and nothing special.

4. Thought Leonard Williams would separate Brady's spine on Week 7. Dint happen.  \_("/)_/ 

5. Thought we'd take Oak and Hou with ease.

6. Expected a well-disciplined better prepared team than Rex's ragamuffin no-shows. We're not much different. 

I JUST SAW THIS YOU SOB

Archived