REX- Instant replay gaff. yes.. one more REX thread.

southparkcpa

If you thought there was a limit to one man's stupidity - then its time to think again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-some-replays/

Rex Ryan seems completely unaware that it is COMMON PRACTICE with every team not to show replays unfavorable to the home team on the jumbotron - how does this blowhard not know this simple fact?

Rex claims he doesn't have anyone 'upstairs' who checks replays to help him on what to challenge - 

What was the issue with the catch/non-catch with the Buffalo WR over the middle?  I only saw it for a brief second but he caught a pass coming across, took four or five steps, got tackled and the ball popped out when he was down.  Apparently it was ruled incomplete?  Anyone else see that?

What was the issue with the catch/non-catch with the Buffalo WR over the middle?  I only saw it for a brief second but he caught a pass coming across, took four or five steps, got tackled and the ball popped out when he was down.  Apparently it was ruled incomplete?  Anyone else see that?

Yeah that was a really bad call for the Bills. I was shocked Rex didn't challenge.

At the time of the incident he turned to some guy next to him and older black guy I did not recognize and said something and the guy shook his head and said no.  I assumed he was asking the guy if he should challenge.

That guy was James Trapp, the team chaplin.

At the time of the incident he turned to some guy next to him and older black guy I did not recognize and said something and the guy shook his head and said no.  I assumed he was asking the guy if he should challenge.

I saw that too Beerfish.  It looked like Rex wa ready to throw the red flag before that guy apparently told him not to.

As with the Jets, Rex Ryan is such an egomaniac that he doesn't trust any assistant nor a team official in the box to simply keep an eye on the replays and chime in to tell him to obviously challenge via the headset. Simply in 2015 NFL it's inexcusable because if you1. hire good people and 2. trust them it's an easy fix. EVERYONE DOES THAT. EVERYONE IN THE NFL. Instead he expects with everything else he has to do (with the defense, really, but I digress)  to react emotionally based only on what he sees on the Jumbotron. Heck, not even Jeff Weeks is so trusted. 

Such passion 

GlaringWideGerbil.gif

LOL!  Yeah!  Countdown to you getting bounced from Buffalo and the NFL.

Such passion! How can the guy NOT be a great HC, I mean, who cares about their team THAT much? Buffalo is lucky to have him as their HC, so jealy.

I bet every player on the Bills wants to run through a wall for this guy, that is some serious master motivation right there!

Such passion 

Such passion! How can the guy NOT be a great HC, I mean, who cares about their team THAT much? Buffalo is lucky to have him as their HC, so jealy.

I bet every player on the Bills wants to run through a wall for this guy, that is some serious master motivation right there!

cbeff652f5042e8630f2a1336a34440f.gif

Yes, saw it on Redzone. It was an obvious catch, but refs blew it and so did Rex, by not challenging.

Yes, saw it on Redzone. It was an obvious catch, but refs blew it and so did Rex, by not challenging.

Might be the worst call I've ever seen...horrible job by Pegula to not challenge it.

In three weeks, Bills fans will be telling you how they should have beaten the Chiefs and how, if you did beat the Chiefs, Rex would be in the playoffs and would have won it all and Rex is the best Rex Rex Rex fire Whaley.

Well here's what I have to say.  We need a new DC,  The biggest mistake was letting Schwartz walk.  How could our defense play the game they did against the Patriots and come back with a game like they had against the Chiefs?  I'm not buying any excuses about the missed calls  (challenges).  Give me a break.  I saw some myself on TV.  Is it me or are we just coming off the worst officiating (of NFL games) in history this year?   Both Ryans and Whaley's jobs are secure.   I still think Whaley is doing a good job for us.  Rex has a 5 year contract.  I doubt the Pegulas want to send off a coach with $23 MILLION DOLLARS over the next four years.  Also,  Pegulas are slow to fire.  The only thing I am concerned about right now is some of our good players deciding to walk next year.  Rex should be concerned about this as well and find a way to have us finish 10-6

Well here's what I have to say.  We need a new DC,  The biggest mistake was letting Schwartz walk.  How could our defense play the game they did against the Patriots and come back with a game like they had against the Chiefs?  I'm not buying any excuses about the missed calls  (challenges).  Give me a break.  I saw some myself on TV.  Is it me or are we just coming off the worst officiating (of NFL games) in history this year?   Both Ryans and Whaley's jobs are secure.   I still think Whaley is doing a good job for us.  Rex has a 5 year contract.  I doubt the Pegulas want to send off a coach with $23 MILLION DOLLARS over the next four years.  Also,  Pegulas are slow to fire.  The only thing I am concerned about right now is some of our good players deciding to walk next year.  Rex should be concerned about this as well and find a way to have us finish 10-6

Marrone and Schwartz are better than 5-6 with this team, and the Jets would be worse than 6-5 with Rex....just saying.......

REX says hello fans of Buffalo. 

If you have a DC like Schwartz, what the heck is Rex's job? He has nothing to do with the offense, and is pretty lousy at in game managing, so what would his responsibility be?

Archived