REX- Instant replay gaff. yes.. one more REX thread.

southparkcpa

If you have a DC like Schwartz, what the heck is Rex's job? He has nothing to do with the offense, and is pretty lousy at in game managing, so what would his responsibility be?

Challenging the officials calls ?  Just a joke.  Well Dennis Thurman doesn't appear to be the answer.

If that happens, I will get Direct TV, just so I can make sure to get every Bills game. That sh!t would be must see TV.

Please,  one disappointment a week is enough.  I thought our game was a disgrace and was clearly disappointed.  Your suggestion of Rob Ryan would be devastating

Well here's what I have to say.  We need a new DC,  The biggest mistake was letting Schwartz walk.  How could our defense play the game they did against the Patriots and come back with a game like they had against the Chiefs?  I'm not buying any excuses about the missed calls  (challenges).  Give me a break.  I saw some myself on TV.  Is it me or are we just coming off the worst officiating (of NFL games) in history this year?   Both Ryans and Whaley's jobs are secure.   I still think Whaley is doing a good job for us.  Rex has a 5 year contract.  I doubt the Pegulas want to send off a coach with $23 MILLION DOLLARS over the next four years.  Also,  Pegulas are slow to fire.  The only thing I am concerned about right now is some of our good players deciding to walk next year.  Rex should be concerned about this as well and find a way to have us finish 10-6

Jeanie, who exactly do you think your defensive coordinator is?

If you thought there was a limit to one man's stupidity - then its time to think again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-some-replays/

Rex Ryan seems completely unaware that it is COMMON PRACTICE with every team not to show replays unfavorable to the home team on the jumbotron - how does this blowhard not know this simple fact?

Rex claims he doesn't have anyone 'upstairs' who checks replays to help him on what to challenge - 

Rex doesn't have anything upstairs?  I think we knew that already. 

Challenging the officials calls ?  Just a joke.  Well Dennis Thurman doesn't appear to be the answer.

I'm actually embarrassed.

I told you I lived in Buffalo for quite awhile and some of the things Rex has said and done in Buffalo this year are even shocking by Jets standards....

As I said to you before Marv Levy is my touch stone in many ways of how a man and a HC should conduct themselves and Rex is the anti-Levi....

I mean relying on a sideline Chaplin to decide whether to challenge a call or not!!!  That is a disgrace!!!

I told you I lived in Buffalo for quite awhile and some of the things Rex has said and done in Buffalo this year are even shocking by Jets standards....

As I said to you before Marv Levy is my touch stone in many ways of how a man and a HC should conduct themselves and Rex is the anti-Levi....

I mean relying on a sideline Chaplin to decide whether to challenge a call or not!!!  That is a disgrace!!!

Charlie:  I agree.  What happened on Sunday was a disgrace.  Above and beyond the failure to challenge plays,  our defense took 10 steps backwards.  After the way they played against New England,  I thought our D finally got it together.  It was very disappointing to see them play on Sunday.  There will never be another Marv Levy IMO.  He is such a class act.  

Well, you are supposed to check upstairs.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/11/rex_ryan_isnt_the_answer_in_buffalo_but_bills_are_stuck_with_him.html

Rex Ryan isn't the answer in Buffalo, but Bills are stuck with him

Kansas City, Mo. — The same old Rex Ryan stood on the sideline at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday while his team lost a critical game to the Kansas City Chiefsand slipped further in the AFC standings.

There was Ryan, standing on the sideline while the Buffalo Bills team he promised would have an elite defense got gashed by Alex Smith and Spencer Ware. There he was, botching decisions on challenges and mishandling the clock. There the same old Rex was, watching his team attempt to make a late comeback with a quarterback incapable of leading such a comeback.

If any of that sounds familiar, it's because those are the issues that plagued Ryan during his six seasons with the New York Jets. His words were often empty, his in-game management was among the worst in the league, and he never could figure out the quarterback position. Now 11 games into his tenure as coach of the Bills, Ryan is 5-6 and doesn't seem to have evolved from the coach who hasn't been to the postseason since 2010. Football is a flat circle as it turns out. 

This is the guy the Bills hired in January, and Bills fans already seem to be growing tired of him. Twitter became the breeding ground for the "Fire Rex" campaign after the latest 30-22 loss to the Chiefs on Sunday. While it's clear Ryan hasn't coached well enough to live up to the hype he created all offseason, he's also not in any danger of losing his job. 

For starters, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula would be on the hook for $27.5 million if they fired Ryan after this season. He has four years left on his contract, and the owners love him. Why wouldn't they? Has a 5-6 football team ever gotten this much attention? Ryan is a brand and he's easy to sell. Eventually that wore out in New York, and maybe it will in Buffalo before long, but the Pegulas aren't likely to give up on their investment yet. 

The more likely scenario is that someone else takes the fall. Maybe general manager Doug Whaley becomes a scapegoat if the team fails to make the playoffs, which is looking more and more likely. 

However, those clinging to hope that the Bills will have a new coach in 2016 shouldn't hold their breath. The Bills have already had three different head coaches since 2010 and have talked about the need for stability. Firing Ryan would only add to the perceived dysfunction the franchise has had during its league-leading 15-year playoff drought. 

All Bills fans can do is stay the course. They have to hope Ryan can figure out this defense, which is playing far below the standard he set in Baltimore in New York. They have to hope he can find a quarterback, because without one, winning in the NFL won't come easy. Most importantly, they have to hope that if and when he gets this team to a big game he can figure out how to manage it better than he has in the past, because this team has been out-coached far too often in Ryan's short tenure. 

Ryan is going to get time to fix this, so let's see what he can do. He'll probably provide some laughs along the way and put a bright spotlight on Buffalo from time to time. The question is, when the dust settles, will Ryan's tenure with the Bills be any more successful than the six years he spent in New York or is this just who he is? Because it's starting to look like Rex Ryan's coaching career is a bit of a flat circle.

Roman and Whalley will be the collateral damage well before Rex gets tossed.

Also, I said when he was hired the thing even more horrific than the Rex hire itself was that he took almost all of his assistants with him, the worst group of assistants in the league.

Roman and Whalley will be the collateral damage well before Rex gets tossed.

Also, I said when he was hired the thing even more horrific than the Rex hire itself was that he took almost all of his assistants with him, the worst group of assistants in the league.

Yeah, that because well these coaches may not be that good but we get along great. lol

Good grief:D

Archived