If we're serious about continuing our playoff push we should beat them:

- Our OLine is superior to their DLine
- Our DLine is superior to their OLine which should lead to Manning
being harassed all day
- Our secondary has a lot of options to throw at Beckham to contain him

This is the first time since 2011 that we've had important December games
to watch/play in.  Let's see this team flip the script from the Ryan era
and finish the season strong 

I've seen and heard these type of posts far too often the last number of years.  List all the reasons the other team is poor and we are good and then fall flat on our asses.  I still say the Houston game has cost us a real shot at the playoffs, a team with two big time players we need to stop or limit and we utterly failed.  OBJ can do the same thing unless we take big measures to shut him down.

About "owning" NY, having the most media attention, having the most fans
or any other media created issue concerning this "rivalry".  All I care
about is winning a game against a below average team who plays in the
worst division in football.  That's right, no matter how much the media
wants to gloss over it the Midgets ARE NOT A GOOD TEAM.  They are a very
flawed team with a good QB (sometimes) and an excellent WR, let's list
their issues:

- An injured and porous OLine
- No running game
- No major second option on offense
- No pass rush
- No defensive playmaker that you have to game plan for

being harassed all day

The Giants cannot win unless we have multiple turnovers.  And then maybe not.

Agreed.  None of that matters, just win the damn game.

And you're right.  The Giants are a mess...but this is the same team that let TJ Yates and Hopkins beat them in a crucial game that is probably going to cost the Jets the playoffs. The Giants offense, is very similar to Houston with a much better QB and WR.  This will not be an easy win, if the Jets win at all. 

Diference betwenn Houston though is Giants defense is not that good- we should score on them

They're not a good D from a yardage perspective.  They're middle of the pack from a scoring perspective.   While everyone kills their secondary, the Jets have given up more TD's in the air. 

However, they're a big play D.  They've forced the 2nd most turnovers in the league (24), that's more than the Jets.  4 of them went for TD's. You cant make mistakes against their D because they take advantage of it better than anyone in the league other than the Panthers. 

their issues:

- An injured and porous OLine
- No running game
- No major second option on offense
- No pass rush
- No defensive playmaker that you have to game plan for

being harassed all day

Eli Manning is better than "good (sometimes)". 

Giants are 28th in the league in rushing yards and have just 3 rushing TD's on the year. Yet they're 5th in the league in scoring with 26pts per game. That is ALL Eli Manning.

To have a poor oline, your second go-to option hurt, arguably the worst rushing attack and the worst defense in football, Eli Manning is literally holding that team together. 

Dude doesnt get even half the credit he deserves. Whats even more messed up is that it seems like Giants fans hate him more than anyone. I just dont get it. 

Shocking. Jets fan pumping up the team for an "alleged" inferior opponent. If they don't win and they better do this and they have the advantages. Here we go again. Literally can't stand stuff like this. When we jets fans ever learn? 

I'm fully prepared to witness a loss. 

Giants are 28th in the league in rushing yards and have just 3 rushing TD's on the year. Yet their 5th in the league in scoring with 26pts per game. That is ALL Eli Manning.

To have a poor oline, your second go-to option hurt, arguably the worst rushing attack and the worst defense in football, Eli Manning is literally holding that team together. 

Dude doesnt get even half the credit he deserves. Whats even more messed up is that it seems like Giants fans hate him more than anyone. I just dont get it. 

Yep.  He's the best Qb the Jets have faced not named Brady.

Eli and their ability to create turnovers are what carries the Giants.  Take care of the ball, disrupt Eli and the Jets can win.  Easier said than done.

Look for the Giants to attack our LB'ers in the middle. OBJ will get bracket coverage to contain him. Jets need to get the damn ball to 19 and the O will flow.

I think that with Pryor back in the mix our middle isn't quite so vulnerable.  I want to see OBJ and our SS dueling it out in his part of the field.   

I've seen and heard these type of posts far too often the last number of years.  List all the reasons the other team is poor and we are good and then fall flat on our asses.  I still say the Houston game has cost us a real shot at the playoffs, a team with two big time players we need to stop or limit and we utterly failed.  OBJ can do the same thing unless we take big measures to shut him down.

Shouldn't have lost to Houston OR Buffalo. To be outcoached by Rex Ryan (even accidentally) is unacceptable. I hope the Jets can get a win and make a strong push for the playoffs. After the Giants, the only game I think they might not win is (of course) the Patriots. Otherwise I think they can run the table. Whether they will or not will be shown on the field.

Shocking. Jets fan pumping up the team for an "alleged" inferior opponent. If they don't win and they better do this and they have the advantages. Here we go again. Literally can't stand stuff like this. When we jets fans ever learn? 

learn what?  That if we fans don't talk about which team is better and that we should beat a team that we have more talent than we'll lose?  Learn that lesson?  Why? Because every once in a while it doesn't turn out that way?  Because some fans just don't get the "on any given Sunday anyone can win" idea, so they think if you shut up you'll win?  Lol, sure.

Got a better idea, why doesn't it work the opposite way?  How come when we play teams that are better on paper and we expect to lose we rarely don't?  

Have to love the ridiculous idea that what we think as fans will happen effects what actually happens in games.  We're the better team on paper, should win.  If we don't it will have nothing to do with anyone predicting a win. You can't make this shlt up

Giants are 28th in the league in rushing yards and have just 3 rushing TD's on the year. Yet they're 5th in the league in scoring with 26pts per game. That is ALL Eli Manning.

well said. He played some excellent games this year, especially against decent defenses like buffalo in buffalo, and against the patriots at home - a game they should have won. He doesn't make nearly as many mistakes as he used to, and he gets the ball out quicker to offset any bad OL play. 

I don't think we'll see 'bad eli' this sunday, it will be a shootout. 

their issues:

-

Easy win according to the above words.  Didn't we just devalue the Texans who whooped our butts.

I agree you put Eli on the Jets this year and we lose one game so far and that is to Oakland and I for one think that Fitz has been good for the Jets.  But Eli is now that good.  

Who said this was an easy game???  But facts are facts, the Midgets ARE a below average team

in the worst division in football.  In addition they have a shaky OLine, no running game and no

defensive playmakers that can change the game.  There is nothing in those statements that are

not facts.  If the Jets are serious about making the playoffs they need to win this game

learn what?  That if we fans don't talk about which team is better and that we should beat a team that we have more talent than we'll lose?  Learn that lesson?  Why? Because every once in a while it doesn't turn out that way?  Because some fans just don't get the "on any given Sunday anyone can win" idea, so they think if you shut up you'll win?  Lol, sure.

Got a better idea, why doesn't it work the opposite way?  How come when we play teams that are better on paper and we expect to lose we rarely don't?  

Have to love the ridiculous idea that what we think as fans will happen effects what actually happens in games.  We're the better team on paper, should win.  If we don't it will have nothing to do with anyone predicting a win. You can't make this shlt up

I think the thing to learn is that this team at no time in most of our lifetimes has shown the consistency to ever feel confident going in to ANY game.

This has all the makings of a typical egg laying.

Archived