Guns N Roses Reunion Rumors

AFJF

On 4/2/2016 at 9:10 AM, Bugg said:

Believe it when it really happens. AC/DC is a well-oiled money-printing machine and  does not do the  overtime thing that basically put GNR in the financial hole at their biggest touring time because Rose is a selfish loon. Angus and their management is not gonna let anyone screw that up. Recall Duff McKagan was thrown out of GNR when he sobered up and started asking uncomfortable questions about such idiocy. 

Apparently it's legit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-guns-n-roses-bring-out-ac-dcs-angus-young-at-coachella-20160417

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Heard Jim Florentine formerly of "That Metal Show" say that apparently Rose has been told  and agreed  in no uncertain terms with both McKagan and Slash and also Young no BS will be tolerated on either tour or it will cost him dearly  personally and financially. In other words, pull any of that watching a basketball game in your Philly hotel room until midnight and keeping everyone waiting  at MetLife Stadium for a 9PM show will come out of his share. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Heard Jim Florentine formerly of "That Metal Show" say that apparently Rose has been told  and agreed  in no uncertain terms with both McKagan and Slash and also Young no BS will be tolerated on either tour or it will cost him dearly  personally and financially. In other words, pull any of that watching a basketball game in your Philly hotel room until midnight and keeping everyone waiting  at MetLife Stadium for a 9PM show will come out of his share. 

Had to figure that was the only way venues would take them on.  Too much of a pain in the ass to deal with and he literally cost Duff and Slash hundreds of millions over the years by getting them fined for late curfews, insanely expensive parties that neither of them attended and of course having them sign over the rights to the band and forcing them out.

• 2 months later...

I just saw them at Soldier Field. I'd love to make jokes, but they were great. From the get-go Axl started trying to gyrate like he used to, and it was hilarious, but then they started playing. And then I saw Slash stand over Axl playing the piano for November Rain and it was cool as hell, and I realized how many memories I had associated with all those songs. Great show. Axl is still fat but he seems like he's in a good place so you stop caring about it pretty quickly. They played for almost 3 hours to a slam packed Soldier Field. Everyone smiling ear to ear the entire time. Biggest non-festival crowd I've ever been in and they really rocked it. Trust me, I would make the jokes if they were there but they're not, but **** it man, these guys playing brings a lot of joy to a lot of people, so that's gotta be a good thing.

Side note...anyone interested in some face-value tix for GNR at MetLife on July 24th (2 sets) or Lincoln Financial on July 14th (1 set), let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You going?  I'm there on Saturday and two sets of tickets I gotta' sell for Sunday.

Yeah on the 23rd. SO PSYCHED!!!!

My brother is flying up Saturday from Nicaragua to Ft. Lauderdale @ 2AM, then a 10am flight from FLA to NYC-LaGuardia arriving @ 2pm to see this show!

I pick him up & then debating whether to drive to stadium or take Mass Transit to show. 

Have to go to Will Call for Tix around 6pm. 

the 24th sounds Prettttty tempting, but I don't want to bite off more than I (or he) can chew and be completely burnt out from Saturday. 

. . . . .  maybe . . .. :) 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Yeah on the 23rd. SO PSYCHED!!!!

My brother is flying up Saturday from Nicaragua to Ft. Lauderdale @ 2AM, then a 10am flight from FLA to NYC-LaGuardia arriving @ 2pm to see this show!

I pick him up & then debating whether to drive to stadium or take Mass Transit to show. 

Have to go to Will Call for Tix around 6pm. 

the 24th sounds Prettttty tempting, but I don't want to bite off more than I (or he) can chew and be completely burnt out from Saturday. 

. . . . .  maybe . . .. :) 

I really wanna' go on Sunday but can't justify cost of flights to vegas, tickets for two shows in Vegas and then two more shows at MetLife.  

Can't wait to see 'em again.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I really wanna' go on Sunday but can't justify cost of flights to vegas, tickets for two shows in Vegas and then two more shows at MetLife.  

Can't wait to see 'em again.

I'll see if anyone in my circles are possibly interested. There's still a fair share of tix available at a decent cost on on StubHub.

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'll see if anyone in my circles are possibly interested. There's still a fair share of tix available at a decent cost on on StubHub.

I know...we've had to drop our price a couple times for our floor seats.  We're looking at a loss which sucks, but I'm seeing GNR again so I care as much as I probably should.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:00 AM, AFJF said:

Adler joined them on stage for two songs last night in Cincy..

ax "hey steve, remember when I banged your girlfriend and recorded it and put it on rocket queen ?  good times!"

Just now, Larz said:

ax "hey steve, remember when I banged your girlfriend and recorded it and put it on rocket queen ?  good times!"

I thought I read in Duff's book that the rocket queen voice was a hooker they found on the strip.  Entirely possible it was also Adler's GF.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I thought I read in Duff's book that the rocket queen voice was a hooker they found on the strip.  Entirely possible it was also Adler's GF.

that would be a better story, forget where I hear the adler story.  probably behind the lines ?

anyway I was 20 when appetite was released, I wore that sucker out.  My Michelle is so heavy, great song

Just now, Larz said:

that would be a better story, forget where I hear the adler story.  probably behind the lines ?

anyway I was 20 when appetite was released, I wore that sucker out.  My Michelle is so heavy, great song

Loved seeing Sebastian join them on stage for that in Vegas.  Maybe the best intro on the album.

Edits and Comments

Please sign in to comment.
You can also connect with Facebook or Twitter.

20 edits (last one by Fabio about 5 hours ago).

Show edits and comments

Songs on Albums

Album Songs
Appetite for Destruction 8
Covers 6
Chinese Democracy 3
Use Your Illusion I 3
Use Your Illusion II 3
G N’ R Lies 1

Last updated: 12 minutes ago

Archived