Super Bowl Halftime Show is...

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're a big enough act, but zzzzz.

Honestly, the way they've been going the past few years, they should've shelled out for Taylor Swift.

Or, if they wanted to do something actually ******* cool... Metallica, ACDC, or Foo Fighters would've worked.

Hell, I'd watch Dave Grohl, Lars Ulrich, and Angus Young each taking turns punching Adam Levin in the face for twenty minutes.

Well this is gonna be the most boring halftime ever. 

Seriously? It's Super Bowl 50! Do something big and bold - Guns and Roses reunion!

Make it happen Ginger Hammer. 

GNR was the move. You done effed up, Goodell.

Coldplay are untalented thieves, basically what ever Brian Eno had left over from Roxy Music or U2. Or they stole.

https://andyontheroad.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/joe-satriani-v-coldplay-settles/

"Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade? If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students." 

Liam Gallagher

"Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade? If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students." 

Liam Gallagher

Oasis

Radiohead

Coldplay

In that order.

SAR I

nothing gets me pumped up like a good ole coldplay song. but seriously you would think if they wanted non football fans to watch the halftime show, they go pop like taylor swift or bruno mars, but if they want a band it should be someone who has some upbeat music. coldplay makes me wana drink bleach and watch requirem for a dream

nothing gets me pumped up like a good ole coldplay song. but seriously you would think if they wanted non football fans to watch the halftime show, they go pop like taylor swift or bruno mars, but if they want a band it should be someone who has some upbeat music. coldplay makes me wana drink bleach and watch requirem for a dream

This is what happens when all the musical legends turn down the offer; we get a pattycake goon band like Coldplay.

Bruno Mars and Beyonce are supposedly participating too, maybe others.

Where are The Bangles?

The NFL will never have an alpha male type Halftime show..EVER.  They'd be stupid to.  You will watch this game no matter what.  They need Denise and the ladies at the water cooler to watch and have something to talk about.

The act has to have a clean image too. Can't have washed-up satanic drugheads in halloween garb and black lipstick. 

I was a really big fan of the halftime show that feature Stevie Wonder and Gloria Estefan.

The mix of Stevie's upbeat fun filled sing along songs and Gloria's rhythmic latino flare was something the Super Bowl will never be able to duplicate. 

**Still some bugs in this software.  Jif, my post is in response to yours.

What vocal chops.  With her soulful blues growl, Tedeschi has always reminded me of a young Bonnie Raitt.  And what more can you say about Trucks.  He does "uncle Duane" proud.  The guy's slide work is masterful.

Which one do enjoy the most while you're knitting? 

The point you're all missing is this:

The Super Bowl halftime show is paid placement.  The NFL doesn't pay these superstars to perform, their record companies pay the NFL for the air time.  Coldplay just came out with a new album this morning and the LP-launch boost they'll get from the Super Bowl announcement yesterday is all part of a big marketing plan as is their Super Bowl appearance which will likely cost Atlantic/Warner Music around $5,000,000 for the 15 minutes of air time.

Tedeschi Trucks.  What?  Who?  LOL.

SAR I

Archived