Super Bowl Halftime Show is...

CrazyCarl40

1. Foreigner

2. Boston

3. Meat Loaf

4. Bob Seger

5. Supertramp

best music ever made man

You are totally freaking kidding.  Best thing Meatloal ever did was play Bob Paulsen in fight club.  Foreigner and Boston are simply crap.  Bob seger face looks like a va jay jay CTM would be into.Breakfast in Amercia by Supertramp is the only thing from that list I would save from a fire.  Lot of good memories from that albumn. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you mention that.  I have always done exactly that.  The result is I have actually turned my kids on to some pretty solid new music,  Jack White is simply tremendous and that I have you to thank for.  Boroguy got me to listen to T-Rex again and I think they are on all my playlist.  Lately you and CTM talking about the Bassist from Primus and I been listening to his stuff as well.  So damn good. 

I missed out on tickets for them with Tool in Jan. Still a little bitter about that one. 

I missed out on tickets for them with Tool in Jan. Still a little bitter about that one. 

Tool is another group i so love.  Great music to work to.   That is where age makes a difference.  I have seen probably 100 shows in my teens, twenties and thirties.  In my my early forties saw a dozen or so shows.  Took my sons to a few.  Close to fifty now and prefer to go to small venues or a four day music festival like the one we go to every Labor Day in Virginia beach.  No tents type of festivals for crusher.  Unless your counting my moo moo. Oceanfront accommodations and music while I soak in the ocean.  Some awesome memories with my kids from that weekend.  Bout 8 years straight now. 

Dbates is my guts.

you guys crack me up.  what are you afraid of ?  I don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks of my taste in music.  I like a yoog variety of music, some of it is very uncool.  my ipod has neil diamond, jim croce, gordon lightfoot, def leppard, motley crue, bee gees, abba, beck, al dimeola, bela fleck, jeff beck, jimi and jimmy, U2, floyd and zep of course and a library of beatles, queen the who and ac/dc and 80's metal. 

you guys crack me up.  what are you afraid of ?  I don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks of my taste in music.  I like a yoog variety of music, some of it is very uncool.  my ipod has neil diamond, jim croce, gordon lightfoot, def leppard, motley crue, bee gees, abba, beck, al dimeola, bela fleck, jeff beck, jimi and jimmy, U2, floyd and zep of course and a library of the who and ac/dc and 80's metal. 

It's tough because it changes all the time. Jack White is the staple, but I'm also listening to Notorious BIG, Kendrick Lamar, Brandi Carlile, Adele, The Doors and GNR lately. If the lyrics are interesting, I like it. If the lyrics are trash, the song is trash.

It's tough because it changes all the time. Jack White is the staple, but I'm also listening to Notorious BIG, Kendrick Lamar, Brandi Carlisle, Adele, The Doors and GNR lately. If the lyrics are interesting, I like it. If the lyrics are trash, the song is trash.

never heard of brandi, I will check her out.  I had a doors phase, but the drums and keyboards can get on my nerves.  I was 20 when appetite came out, had a 5 year obsession with them then just sort of walked away.  probably the only band I listen to regularly still is floyd and rush.

Not just the lyrics. If the music is trash, the song is trash. 

I don't care how it's recorded or performed.

Some of the greatest studio wizards of all time are using laptop studios nowadays cause it's cheaper, faster, easier and the freedom it provides is priceless.

Just think, any day now some artist will discover the next irresistible #1 smash hit and the riff lies right here, somewhere between A and G#.

88_Keys.thumb.jpg.ffea5f08e0b91a26dfde7c

Tool is another group i so love.  Great music to work to.   That is where age makes a difference.  I have seen probably 100 shows in my teens, twenties and thirties.  In my my early forties saw a dozen or so shows.  Took my sons to a few.  Close to fifty now and prefer to go to small venues or a four day music festival like the one we go to every Labor Day in Virginia beach.  No tents type of festivals for crusher.  Unless your counting my moo moo. Oceanfront accommodations and music while I soak in the ocean.  Some awesome memories with my kids from that weekend.  Bout 8 years straight now. 

Festivals are such win/lose situations though. You can knock out 4-5 bands you love at a time, but at the same time you're dealing with the 18-22 y/o crowd who have absolutely no clue what concert etiquette is.

Festivals are such win/lose situations though. You can knock out 4-5 bands you love at a time, but at the same time you're dealing with the 18-22 y/o crowd who have absolutely no clue what concert etiquette is.

I went to Boston Calling in September and the lineup was great. The crowds were awful. Just no respect from the damn youngin crowd. 

The nice thing about the one in Virginia Beach is the younger ill behaved types tend to gravitate towards the stage.  The main stage is on the beach and to the left are the wall of hotels and resorts.  So the music tends to travel towards the water and quite a distance down the beach.  I can always fine a nice elevated beach location by the water to set up location.  Just hang out in the water, play beach bocce, toss the football drink beer and listen to live music for 10 hours a day..  Young rude animals walk by but they never stay that far back.  I did have to lesson a couple here and there but Im more than happy to teach.

Archived