1000 yards and Runnin

jetsfan719

I always knew the benefits of having a WR1 that can get jump balls and open up space for other players but now that we have a guy like Marshall its just crazy to see what we've been missing out on all these years. So refreshing to have a WR surprise you and make plays the way he does. Not to mention all he does for Eric Decker and run game 

Maybe our best single season by a WR ever.  He is just dominating CBs every week, making tough grabs and having an all around love-fest with his QB.  I feel like we have a legit shot at every third and long (with both him and Decker) and clearly going from worst-to-first in Red Zone offense is largely about B-Marsh.

Yeah, I'm sporting some wood for him.  Can you blame me?

• Agreed on every point made. B Marsh has been delightful. It's so interesting to see my 7 yr old son yell Throw it to Marshall with the highest level of confidence in his WR. I have't felt that way since Walker and Toon were running around out there for us. 
  • I love seeing him as into the game as he was today too. 

Jets single season franchise record for receiving:

1. Receptions: 93  (Al Toon 1988)
2. Yards:  1,434 yards (Maynard 1967)
3. TDs:  14   (Don Maynard 1965, Art Powell 1960)

Brandon Marshall is on pace for 111 recetions, 1,416 yards and 13 TDs. Considering he has played hurt for the last few wks, it is safe to say that Marshall has a great shot at breaking all three major receiving records for the Jets.

Eric Decker is also having an excellent year but is overshadowed by the Beast. He's on pace for 86 catches (which should put him 5th all time for Jets), 1,165 yards (10th all time), and 12 TDs ( 3rd all time).

I always knew the benefits of having a WR1 that can get jump balls and open up space for other players but now that we have a guy like Marshall its just crazy to see what we've been missing out on all these years. So refreshing to have a WR surprise you and make plays the way he does. Not to mention all he does for Eric Decker and run game 

we still need some speed there.  was Smith even targeted yesterday?

Brandon Marshall is on pace for 111 recetions, 1,416 yards and 13 TDs. Considering he has played hurt for the last few wks, it is safe to say that Marshall has a great shot at breaking all three major receiving records for the Jets.

Eric Decker is also having an excellent year but is overshadowed by the Beast. He's on pace for 86 catches (which should put him 5th all time for Jets), 1,165 yards (10th all time), and 12 TDs ( 3rd all time).

As I posted in a thread last week, the two are already (if not, will be by the end of Week 14) the greatest Jets WR tandem in franchise history.

9 foot tall.  Please pay attention.  

He's a giant.  I love that he knows it too.  He understand himself so well.  He beats you with great routes, size and strength.  Speed?  Who cares.  He's a fricking tree out there.

Crazy he's doing this with his foot so f'ed up. 

The picture he tweeted of it the other night, I immediately related to this mans feet when he explodes:

Marshall has been great but keep in mind Maynard played in 14 game seasons before all the rule changes favoring the offense..Plus Maynard avg 20 ypc 3 years in a row 67-69 with a high of 22.8 in 1968..

Marshall has been great but keep in mind Maynard played in 14 game seasons before all the rule changes favoring the offense..Plus Maynard avg 20 ypc 3 years in a row 67-69 with a high of 22.8 in 1968..

I agree with you and I'm certainly not comparing the two, just saying we haven't had a receiver go for more yards than Maynard in almost half a century. The YPC is a different story. I haven't seen Maynard play but Marshall is not the kind to get you a lot of YPC. He's a possession receiver that relies more on volume.  

As I posted in a thread last week, the two are already (if not, will be by the end of Week 14) the greatest Jets WR tandem in franchise history.

Before I make the following comment, I want to make clear that I don't think Geno should be starting or that I want him to start, but...

Can you imagine how pissed Geno must be that, due to his own stupidity, he never got a chance to throw to these guys on a regular basis?

Before I make the following comment, I want to make clear that I don't think Geno should be starting or that I want him to start, but...

Can you imagine how pissed Geno must be that, due to his own stupidity, he never got a chance to throw to these guys on a regular basis?

Can't imagine he's pleased about it

Impressive.  

Walker averaged over 20 per 4 years in a row.  Twice.  

He also finished one yard shy of 20 per for his career!

Imagine the numbers they would put up with today's rules? 

One of the few moves I got right (although I wanted to kill him on several occasions this season; the lateral comes to mind first).   Absolute steal from the Bears, he is also the perfect role model for Smith and Enunwa because he leaves it all on the field.  Only wish he was a few years younger.

Archived