1 Huge Difference with this Offense

chirorob

Do you remember how, for years, Sanchez and Vick and Geno and who ever else could not throw a screen pass?  Could. Not. Do It.

I don't know if it's Fitz, or Gailey, or both.  But screen passes are a huge weapon now.  Obviously today, but for a lot of the season.   I like Gailey, a lot.  This team is not uber talented on offense, we do in fact lead the league in 3 and outs.  But we also actually score points, which we haven't seen in years.

IMO Fitz gets a great deal of credit as well he should, he is the QB of the NYJ and he has played well these last two games.  Fitz shows a real moxie we haven't seen since Farve (one year) and a healthy Pennington were our QBs. Fitz isn't panicking out there and he is definitely the leader, even when he fails on occasion.

However Gailey IMO has been fantastic. 

He has taken a journeyman guy, in Fitz, and made him very effective and the Jets offense very unpredictable all without the deep ball and a running game that has disappeared at times this year and an offense which has had significant injuries to the OL and even the starting WRs both getting banged up and even missing games at times.

As the OP pointed out we put up points on the board and we really look like a professional team on offense, a big change from the last six to seven years!!

As much as people complain, Gailey doesn't have us throwing 60 plus times against the NFL's best pass defense or designing routes in which no one can get a first down even if the play is completed!!  

I like him and feel he is the best OC we have had since Charlie Weiss..... 

IMO Fitz gets a great deal of credit as well he should, he is the QB of the NYJ and he has played well these last two games.  Fitz shows a real moxie we haven't seen since Farve (one year) and a healthy Pennington were our QBs. Fitz isn't panicking out there and he is definitely the leader, even when he fails on occasion.

He has taken a journeyman guy, in Fitz, and made him very effective and the Jets offense very unpredictable all without the deep ball and a running game that has disappeared at times this year and an offense which has had significant injuries to the OL and even the starting WRs both getting banged up and even missing games at times.

As the OP pointed out we put up points on the board and we really look like a professional team on offense, a big change from the last six to seven years!!

As much as people complain, Gailey doesn't have us throwing 60 plus times against the NFL's best pass defense or designing routes in which no one can get a first down even if the paly is completed!!  

I miss little Schotty.   4 guys running a 5 yard hook on 3rd and 8.   Someone had that GIF, it was classic.

Do you remember how, for years, Sanchez and Vick and Geno and who ever else could not throw a screen pass?  Could. Not. Do It.

I don't know if it's Fitz, or Gailey, or both.  But screen passes are a huge weapon now.  Obviously today, but for a lot of the season.   I like Gailey, a lot.  This team is not uber talented on offense, we do in fact lead the league in 3 and outs.  But we also actually score points, which we haven't seen in years.

Vick thought he was a screen pass in the making, Geno could not do anything on a field that demanded deception, and Sanchez was a punk.

Its very much all Fitz because just like the RB the QB needs to "sell" the Screen all three of the QB's you mentioned Sanchez Geno and Vick were terrible at it and telegraphed it to a point it was laughable. Remember all the Defensive line Ints ?? They were ALL on screen plays due to  terrible QB play.

and they're finally using powell correctly, as a receiver.  he should be more in the game plans.  they went on their losing streak when he was out with an ankle injury.

and stop playing Ridley.  he sucks.  he had a huge hole on 1 play in the redzone and got 2 yards I think.  Powell or Ivory would of gotten 6 or more

and stop playing Ridley.  he sucks.  he had a huge hole on 1 play in the redzone and got 2 yards I think.  Powell or Ivory would of gotten 6 or more

for the life of me i can't figure out why he gets the ball at all.  slow with no moves and it's a predictable play.  hopefully they'll use powell more and get another back in the offseason to replace him.

Yeah but those guys didn't have a weapon like Bilal Powell to throw it to... oh wait.  Never mind.

As much as people complain, Gailey doesn't have us throwing 60 plus times against the NFL's best pass defense or designing routes in which no one can get a first down even if the play is completed!!  

Plus Brandon Marshall being 9 freaking feet tall in the endzone and stuff.

I always enjoyed when Sanchez would throw a pass as hard as he could to Shaun Greene who was 3 yards downfield.

I miss little Schotty.   4 guys running a 5 yard hook on 3rd and 8.   Someone had that GIF, it was classic.

As much as no one likes Schotty, we all called for his head.

YET under the next  several OC's, we never broke 500.  

I concluded the problem was not as much the OC as the HC.

The Giants did not do a good job of scouting the Jets.  Gailey calls that inside screen on every single 3rd and long situation imaginable.  They run it well, as numerous players have picked up a first off it. 

It's nice having Powell back, he gets a ton of sh*t around here for no apparent reason other than not being an all-star but the kid does everything well.  He's money in the screen game and out of the backfield.  Great in pass protection too.  He picked up a couple of untouched blitzers that would have killed a couple of drives.

The Giants did not do a good job of scouting the Jets.  Gailey calls that inside screen on every single 3rd and long situation imaginable.  They run it well, as numerous players have picked up a first off it. 

It's nice having Powell back, he gets a ton of sh*t around here for no apparent reason other than not being an all-star but the kid does everything well.  He's money in the screen game and out of the backfield.  Great in pass protection too.  He picked up a couple of untouched blitzers that would have killed a couple of drives.

the giants defensive plan worked in the first half for the most part but then the jets made adjustments and the giants had no answer.  the problem the giants have is they really don't have difference makers on defense and that's b/c they invest many first rounders on offense.  

As others have said Powell was sorely missed and proved to be an underutilized player under our past regime.  The guy is an elusive player and a great athlete.  These are the types of players you need in the league to be successful.  His speed should open up the running game for us as well.  

With your love of that length the last number of posts I assume there was once a 9 foot long hero sandwich in your past?

Yeah but it didn't end well.  It was at a party and once I finished it someone told me it was for everyone.  To be honest I thought it was cut in 5 inch pieces so I could use both hands.  

the giants defensive plan worked in the first half for the most part but then the jets made adjustments and the giants had no answer.  the problem the giants have is they really don't have difference makers on defense and that's b/c they invest many first rounders on offense.  

It was nice to see.  It was like a light went off for Gailey.  There was urgency, spread'em wide and everything was there for the taking.  There have been many situations this season where that type of game plan should have been implemented but wasnt.  Glad to see it yesterday.  

But....        I thought Bowles was terrible at making adjustments?  

That one drive, Decker kept running the exact same pattern out of the slot, and kept picking up 16 yards. 

Good thread. My big question is with a smart qb who has touch, Kerley should be gobbling up catches out of slot in this offense. I wonder if we will ever know the real story there.

Bizarre.  For sure.  Going 5 wide at the end of the game and they still didnt put him in.  It's a very strange situation.  Kid catches everything.  He's a playmaker.  Really shocked he didnt even see the field in that scenario. 

Bizarre.  For sure.  Going 5 wide at the end of the game and they still didnt put him in.  It's a very strange situation.  Kid catches everything.  He's a playmaker.  Really shocked he didnt even see the field in that scenario. 

He must've taken a poop in Bowles, reeboks during training camp or something. Even if they know he is gonna be cut showcase him for a late round pick

Archived