More than 10,000 seats available for Titans game

Jetsfanri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only use StubHub so my knowledge of ticket availability only uses that as a datapoint, but ticket sales and support are quite good actually.

There are 4269 seats available today and that compares to 6000 on a typical Thursday the past few years.  Also, since I was sniffing for Jets/Giants tickets at this time last week, there were 2500 Jets/Giants tickets still available on Friday morning last week so there's that.  Jets fans are turning out, no worries.

SAR I

You are correct sir.  I just sold my 3 lowers because my younger son has other obligations this weekend (High School wrestling trumps everything else on planet Earth apparently).  I sold them for $20 below face and after commission, I ended up down $81.  My plan is to pick up a pair of good seats as inexpensively as possible between now and Sunday morning for me and my older son.  

We did the same thing against Miami and the 2 of us actually sat on the 50 in the Mezz club for $225 with Green parking (purchased the night before the game) plus I netted more than my cost on the three lowers I sold along with the Yellow parking pass.  I'm getting real good at working the seating waiver wire.

You are correct sir.  I just sold my 3 lowers because my younger son has other obligations this weekend (High School wrestling trumps everything else on planet Earth apparently).  I sold them for $20 below face and after commission, I ended up down $81.  My plan is to pick up a pair of good seats as inexpensively as possible between now and Sunday morning for me and my older son.  

We did the same thing against Miami and the 2 of us actually sat on the 50 in the Mezz club for $225 with Green parking (purchased the night before the game) plus I netted more than my cost on the three lowers I sold along with the Yellow parking pass.  I'm getting real good at working the seating waiver wire.

It's an art, no question.

Parking passes are worth their weight in gold.

I usually park in Lot K which gets me out and onto Rte 3 in under 5 minutes every week.  But for the game against the Dolphins, we sold our 3 lowers and bought 2 50 yard line Mezz Club seats which cam e with Green parking.   Holy sh!!!!!t.  Getting out of the Green lot and on to rte 3 was a fuggin' nightmare.  It took almost 45 minutes just to get to the rte 3 ramp.  Never again.  Lot K all the way.

Wow,   Were you in Lot E with your green's?  I can get out of Lot E, make a left, go under the pedestrian bridge, make that first right, and get onto RT 3 in about 90 seconds.

SAR I

It's an art, no question.

Parking passes are worth their weight in gold.

Wow,   Were you in Lot E with your green's?  I can get out of Lot E, make a left, go under the pedestrian bridge, make that first right, and get onto RT 3 in about 90 seconds.

SAR I

Nope.  Lot F.  It took 40 minutes to get out of lot F, around lot E and to the pedestrian bridge. Nothing moved.  Nothing.  It was all clogged up by the intersection between E & F where 75% of the people are trying to get on the turnpike exit.  Those of us trying to pass that intersection had to wait... wait... wait... wait...  Once under the cattle bridge, it was onto Rte 3.  

It's so much easier for me to park in and exit from Lot K and get on to 3 West in no time.  No need to circle around the stadium in any way.   

I only use StubHub so my knowledge of ticket availability only uses that as a datapoint, but ticket sales and support are quite good actually.

There are 4269 seats available today and that compares to 6000 on a typical Thursday the past few years.  Also, since I was sniffing for Jets/Giants tickets at this time last week, there were 2500 Jets/Giants tickets still available on Friday morning last week so there's that.  Jets fans are turning out, no worries.

SAR I

FYI, there are fewer tickets on Stub Hub for 49ers at Browns.  

And last week, the prices were sky high and everyone was playing cat and mouse waiting for tickets to drop.  This week every section is available under face value.  The fact is that despite your insisting that PSL's make sense, I am sure you could have sat in your section for all 8 games this year purchased in the aftermarket and spent less than regular price plus PSL.  That has to be addressed, the Jets do not have the fan base to support an 80,000 seat stadium.

FYI, there are fewer tickets on Stub Hub for 49ers at Browns.  

And last week, the prices were sky high and everyone was playing cat and mouse waiting for tickets to drop.  This week every section is available under face value.  The fact is that despite your insisting that PSL's make sense, I am sure you could have sat in your section for all 8 games this year purchased in the aftermarket and spent less than regular price plus PSL.  That has to be addressed, the Jets do not have the fan base to support an 80,000 seat stadium.

15attendance_zpsin50yqze.jpg

As has been the case since MetLife Stadum opened its doors, the Jets are #1 in attendance in the AFC and #4 in the entire NFL.

Compared to Cleveland in your example, the Jets are 94.7% attended whereas the Browns are only 90.8%, and that's the indicator, not how many seats are left on Stubhub.  We live in the biggest city in the country, having an 82,500 seat stadium makes sense, allows our fanbase to grow.  When we're good again (like now) just you watch those stray 4,000 upper deck seats get taken-  no PSL up there, it's what happened in 2010 and 2011.

It's high time all the crap our proud fanbase gets about not being as passionate as the Giants (they have a whopping 932 more fans per game) and not as loud as the mighty Seahawks (we outdraw them by 9,000 fans per game) just got put away with all the other myths like Bigfoot and the Tooth Fairy.

As far as the cost of getting tickets via subscription or Stubhub, let me tell you, as a guy who just wanted to take his kid to the Jets/Giants game, what a PITA that was.  Checking prices and availability all week.  Paying almost as much for parking as the gameday ticket.  Stressing that either the tickets or the pass might not be legit and I'd be turned away at the door.  Winding up in a Yellow lot behind Pegasus.  25 minute walk from our same 232A section to the car after the game.  Yuch.  What a mess.  Say what you want about the a-la-carte strategy and, yes, you can save a few dollars if you want, but it's a lot of work and you don't sit next to the same fans week over week which is half the fun anyway.

Go Jets.

SAR I

16 years I've been a season ticket holder

- new stadium is terrible. Sight lines are awful. I'm six rows back and I feel like I'm a mile away from the action. Trying to get to point A to B is near impossible. And sound does not carry at all.

-game experience is awful. I really have no idea who they are "marketing" towards but constant banter and pointless/annoying segments just kill the crowd.

- the train is god awful, I went back to the bus. Think about that. I rather got to port authority, quite possibly the worst place in Manhattan than take the train.  The train is a horrible experience 

i get why people don't want to go anymore. It has changed from a great time to people who go out of some sense of obligation

The majority of the fanbase lives in New Jersey now for 30+ years,

This is a crock of made up sh*t.  Of course there are a lot of Jets fans in jersey, but there are tons of Jets fand all over Queens and Long island.  You just make sh*t up and state it as fact.  

you should have been a trader on wall street DCAT!...  

15attendance_zpsin50yqze.jpg

As has been the case since MetLife Stadum opened its doors, the Jets are #1 in attendance in the AFC and #4 in the entire NFL.

Compared to Cleveland in your example, the Jets are 94.7% attended whereas the Browns are only 90.8%, and that's the indicator, not how many seats are left on Stubhub.  We live in the biggest city in the country, having an 82,500 seat stadium makes sense, allows our fanbase to grow.  When we're good again (like now) just you watch those stray 4,000 upper deck seats get taken-  no PSL up there, it's what happened in 2010 and 2011.

It's high time all the crap our proud fanbase gets about not being as passionate as the Giants (they have a whopping 932 more fans per game) and not as loud as the mighty Seahawks (we outdraw them by 9,000 fans per game) just got put away with all the other myths like Bigfoot and the Tooth Fairy.

As far as the cost of getting tickets via subscription or Stubhub, let me tell you, as a guy who just wanted to take his kid to the Jets/Giants game, what a PITA that was.  Checking prices and availability all week.  Paying almost as much for parking as the gameday ticket.  Stressing that either the tickets or the pass might not be legit and I'd be turned away at the door.  Winding up in a Yellow lot behind Pegasus.  25 minute walk from our same 232A section to the car after the game.  Yuch.  What a mess.  Say what you want about the a-la-carte strategy and, yes, you can save a few dollars if you want, but it's a lot of work and you don't sit next to the same fans week over week which is half the fun anyway.

Go Jets.

SAR I

You know full well this is paid attendance, not turnstile (or scanned in these days) count.  Yes, the Jets sell to brokers who then agree to aftermarket games below cost so it looks like the Jets aren't violating their PSL agreements. There are thousands of empty seats, scattered through the stadium every week...not including the end zones in the upper deck, which as you point out are never full.  The fact is that the aftermarket sets the value, and the true value is below what all of us season ticket holders pay.

Just sold my pair in the uppers to move down to the lowers.  Was gonna' wait 'til Sunday but wanted row 1 and only 4 remaining so I went with section 144.  Will peek again on Sunday morning and make a move if something better frees up.

This is a crock of made up sh*t.  Of course there are a lot of Jets fans in jersey, but there are tons of Jets fand all over Queens and Long island.  You just make sh*t up and state it as fact.  

I know what I read and heard on the radio back in 2008 during the PSL debates and I know what license plates I see at the stadium.  It only makes perfect common sense, considering the Jets have spent more time in the state of New Jersey than the state of New York.  We're here 34 years now.  All those 50-60 year old's from Shea, Lord rest their souls, aren't on Earth any more let alone New York.

You don't need to trust me.  You can do the research all by yourself.  Grab a clipboard, report to Lot D at 9AM on Sunday.

SAR I

The real fans will be there. No need to worry about the hipsters talking about prices being too steep. Screw people who complain about everything. New American way  

Vote Trump! 

Love it.  No one said attending live sporting events was for everyone.  A pair of seats to a decent Ranger game plus parking will set you back $800.  Polo Grounds and their $1.25 bleacher seats are a thing of the past, folks.

SAR I

Could not pay me to sit in upper deck.  Worst seats I have ever seen.  

Agreed. $35 -- for what, a way worse vantage point than I have on my nice HD TV at home? And that doesn't factor in parking/transportation or food/alcohol costs.

I went to two games this year (Eagles, Redskins) and given the low prices I might actually consider going to this one.... But it's hard to entice anyone with promises of cheap seats in the upper deck, which is a mile from the field. Nobody wants to sit up there. 

You know full well this is paid attendance, not turnstile (or scanned in these days) count.  Yes, the Jets sell to brokers who then agree to aftermarket games below cost so it looks like the Jets aren't violating their PSL agreements. There are thousands of empty seats, scattered through the stadium every week...not including the end zones in the upper deck, which as you point out are never full.  The fact is that the aftermarket sets the value, and the true value is below what all of us season ticket holders pay.

That's turnstile attendance.  That's why some clubs with reflect a number greater than 100%, they have standing room and let some people in at the gate.

Putting that aside, what difference does it make?  I pay $125 a seat for games and that gives me the right to go or not go.  And if I choose to sell to recoup some money, a lousy game gets me $50 and a strong game gets me $200 and in the end I wind up flat whether I went or not.  And one can't put a price on convenience, not having to search for tickets, take risks with validity, sit next to strangers, be hijacked on parking passes, etc.

The aftermarket sets the value on the aftermarket.  The PSL owners set the value on the subscription market.  Two different things.  Two different types of people.  Two different commitment levels.  Two different financial levels.

When I pay $125 to see Jets/Titans this week or when I pay $125 to see Jets/Patriots in a few weeks, the tickets are $125.  That's the value to a PSL owner.  It's what we committed to and were budgeted for in 2008.  On the aftermarket, Jets/Titans might be a $50 seat and Jets/Patriots might be a $300 seat.  That's the value to an a-la-carte Stubhubber.

Bottom line:  I've never worried about what I paid for my seats, good times or bad, great opponent or lousy.  Those who do have this financial worry hanging about them either 1) got seats that were too expensive or 2) couldn't afford season tickets to begin with.  The way I see it, all Jets fans should be happy.  I get a consistent and worry-free experience for $125, people on the aftermarket might go to some lousy games for $50, and the wealthy in the aftermarket might pay $300 for the Patriots game.  Get what you can afford in the manner you can afford it, nothing much else to say.

SAR I

The real fans will be there. No need to worry about the hipsters talking about prices being too steep. Screw people who complain about everything. New American way  

Vote Trump! 

How long have you had your season tickets real fan. Enjoy the game its going to be a nice day topped off with a win. 

Agreed. $35 -- for what, a way worse vantage point than I have on my nice HD TV at home? And that doesn't factor in parking/transportation or food/alcohol costs.

I went to two games this year (Eagles, Redskins) and given the low prices I might actually consider going to this one.... But it's hard to entice anyone with promises of cheap seats in the upper deck, which is a mile from the field. Nobody wants to sit up there. 

I'm in 340 Row 8 and the view is very close to what you would see on your HD TV.  $100 per ticket in 2015 is not excessive for the view that I get.  Don't need the binoculars, can see the whole field including the first downs first hand.  Love the seats.

Plus the Jet fans all around me are solid, passionate fans that add to the game day experience.  I high five about a baker's dozen worth of fans when we score a TD. Can't do that in my living room on the Lazy Boy.

I usually park in Lot K which gets me out and onto Rte 3 in under 5 minutes every week.  But for the game against the Dolphins, we sold our 3 lowers and bought 2 50 yard line Mezz Club seats which cam e with Green parking.   Holy sh!!!!!t.  Getting out of the Green lot and on to rte 3 was a fuggin' nightmare.  It took almost 45 minutes just to get to the rte 3 ramp.  Never again.  Lot K all the way.

I park in the Green Lot G and am out on Rte 3 in no time fast every game.

Key is I get there around 10:45 for an 1PM game and park as close as I can to the stadium.  When the game is over I high-tail it down the stairs and am in my car while most are still walking.  Straight out past the bubble on my left and on to Route 3 West in a heartbeat.  Wouldn't do it any other way.

5,623 tickets on SH.  Many brokers have programs to list their tickets on multiple exchanges that automatically takes down tickets within several minutes after the sell.  On occasion they double sell on different sites which is why you sometimes see people with that issue.  Was about 10k on Monday but has gone down.  Still the prices are ridiculously low for a 7-5 team in playoff contention for the first time in several years and temps close to 70 in December.  The Patriots game $120 before fees gets you a nose bleed but for this game $60 gets you a pretty damn good seat.  Had a hard time finding someone to take my dad's ticket for Sunday I was shocked. 

If you do the math on the good vs dog games and then factor in the SH commission, it's probably close to a wash as far as FSTs vs SH every game as far as the $. Point of difference is then no hassle, sit in the same seats with the same Jet fans you get to know and appreciate.

I'm in 340 Row 8 and the view is very close to what you would see on your HD TV.  $100 per ticket in 2015 is not excessive for the view that I get.  Don't need the binoculars, can see the whole field including the first downs first hand.  Love the seats.

Plus the Jet fans all around me are solid, passionate fans that add to the game day experience.  I high five about a baker's dozen worth of fans when we score a TD. Can't do that in my living room on the Lazy Boy.

Precisely.  It's not about "a seat at the game".  It's about sitting next to a consistent group of like-minded Jets fans for 30 years who become your friends and your kids friends and eventually your grand-children's friends.  It's about having a level of commitment that makes you better than those who stay home and only pick a game or two to attend when the team is doing well.

SAR I

The majority of the fanbase lives in New Jersey now for 30+ years, Queens was never going to happen.

West Side there would have been no parking and therefore no tailgating, people would be screaming bloody murder over that.

Jets fans show up, folks.  And if there are fans complaining about the handful of open seats each game, well, get your asses in a car and show up yourselves.  You're the problem, you're what's "missing", not us.

SAR I

The geography does influence the fan base.  

I live out in the Somerset Hills area and MetLife, MSG, The Rock and even YS is a sinch for me to get to.

I am a Met's fan but don't get out to or desire to go to CitiField as often since it's so damn far.

No interest in the teams that play in Brooklyn. 

Precisely.  It's not about "a seat at the game".  It's about sitting next to a consistent group of like-minded Jets fans for 30 years who become your friends and your kids friends and eventually your grand-children's friends.  It's about having a level of commitment that makes you better than those who stay home and only pick a game or two to attend when the team is doing well.

SAR I

SAR I that commitment was there long before PSLs many  had season tickets since Shea stadium and carried over to Giants stadium.

Many PSLs are corporate owned and the same people aren't in the seats week after week this has lessoned the actual real fan at the games weekly. 

Not all PSLs are a bad deal its just many chose not partake in the them. 

Please stop acting like a PSL fixed everything because it most certainly did not.

If you do the math on the good vs dog games and then factor in the SH commission, it's probably close to a wash as far as FSTs vs SH every game as far as the $. Point of difference is then no hassle, sit in the same seats with the same Jet fans you get to know and appreciate.

Very true.  And to add, these financial arguments get pointless because in the end you can't tell someone how to spend their fun money.

It's not like this is real-life here, we're not talking mortgages and college tuition tips here.  We're talking a form of entertainment.  Arguing which seat is better and how much one can save by buying last-minute on the cheap is like arguing why 3 warm days in the Bahamas is better than 6 snowy days at Vail or why taking the train to Miami is better than flying.  Sort of pointless in that regard.  All vacations are good, that's the important point.  All who make the effort to show up for Jets games are to be lauded, there is no "good" way or "bad" way to do it, no need for non-season ticket holders to spew the PSL hate and make assumptions about who is being "ripped off" when in fact we were never looking for a good deal to begin with. 

I think every season ticket holder knows that he's going to be spending around $5,000 a year for 4 tickets and that 6 out of every 10 years the team is going to miss the playoffs.  That's what happens in the NFL.  We're not idiots.  If we were looking for a form of entertainment that was guaranteed to bring a smile every time and was worth the money every time, we'd take up finger painting.

SAR I

Many PSLs are corporate owned and the same people aren't in the seats week after week this has lessoned the actual real fan at the games weekly. 

I can vouch for this...

Sat in my seats, 340 Row 8 for the Fins game during the first half.

Was able to get in the Chase Club for the second half through a friend.

Would never switch.

The fans there were stale, not passionate, content with eating sushi and clapping like they were at a golf match - like the pretentious, self absorbed a-holes you see at country clubs.  I've been there and done that.

And the sight line from the seats were not great.

They are set way back off the field.  $295 per seat plus the PSL to sit with some pseudo Jet fans and eat $19 Fliet Mignon sandwiches?  No thank you.

The geography does influence the fan base.  

I live out in the Somerset Hills area and MetLife, MSG, The Rock and even YS is a sinch for me to get to.

I am a Met's fan but don't get out to or desire to go to CitiField as often since it's so damn far.

No interest in the teams that play in Brooklyn. 

It's also about time.

Fans that attended at Shea who were a comfortable 35 years old in 1982 are now 68.  45 year old's are 78.  Anyone older than that is immobile or departed.  The Jets traditionally churn 1% to 2% of season tickets every year, fans who relocate to a different part of the country, get sick, or expire.  So if you add it all up, in the past 35 years about 35%-40% of the fans in the stands quietly and slowly flipped over, and then with the new stadium in 2010 and the upheaval of seating locations and pricing even more fans flipped over. 

So this thought that the majority of the Jets fanbase who attend games are old timers and their descendants from Long Island is just not true.  We have been in New Jersey for 33 years.   I'll offer up that around 40% of the fans in the seats today aren't those who were at Shea in the 80s or Giants Stadium in the 90s, and with the new stadium and traffic getting worse each year, it's probably about 62% from New Jersey and 38% from New York or something akin to that.  The "majority" of the MetLife population being from New Jersey as inconvenienced Long Islanders got old and didn't renew while happy New Jersey fans had a shorter ride.

SAR I

SAR I that commitment was there long before PSLs many  had season tickets since Shea stadium and carried over to Giants stadium.

Not all PSLs are a bad deal its just many chose not partake in the them. 

Please stop acting like a PSL fixed everything because it most certainly did not.

I never said a PSL fixed everything. 

To the PSL detractors in 2008 I would simply say that the $4000 per seat the average person was spending was only equivalent to a $13 per game ticket increase, less than the cost of a hot dog and a beer, no justification to bail out on the Jets when so many were using PSL's as an excuse to quit on the team at the time.

To the PSL detractors in 2015 I say that history now shows the Jets have not raised ticket prices since 2008, that's 6 seasons that the tickets rightfully could have increased $25 to $75 based on the new facility, inflation, the cost of NFL tickets vs. NHL, MLB, NBA, etc. and that average person who forked over $4000 for a PSL in 2008 has already gotten back the majority of that outlay because of the ticket price freeze.  $50 x 10 = $500 x 6 = $3,000 I believe I saved per seat because of the lack of a price increase.  If this continues for a few more years, the PSL conversation is moot, they were essentially "free" for all but the most expensive licenses.

Where the PSL's "fixed everything" was for the fan on the season ticket holder waiting list since 1988 (raises hand) who couldn't get decent seats in the stadium in his lifetime.  By the time my wait was over in 2002, 14 years of patiently waiting and hoping, I was given seats in the last row of the upper deck in the endzone, I could hear the flags flapping in my ear.  And for the next 30 years in that stadium?  Perhaps I'd have moved down a few rows, maybe a little further towards the sideline.  PSL's purged out all the old timers selling their tickets for a profit and no-showing, purged out all the grandchildren who weren't even Jets fans, got rid of all the brokers, and allowed true and dedicated fans a fair chance to get a good location and for that I am eternally grateful. 

SAR I

Why does every ticket thread turn into a SAR PSL speech? Nobody needs to hear it for the billionth time, dude...

When they stop making statements towards PSL owners attempting to make us feel like we were ripped off or are idiots for showing that level of commitment in the Stubhub era we'll stop defending ourselves.

SAR I

PSL argument is moot. It is middle of December, weather will be close to 68 degrees, it is a meaningful game in December after a very long time. I will be there. I will bring my wife and kids with me. Prices are still cheap. If any Jets fan uses the prices as an excuse for not showing up at the game should be ashamed. 

Be there tomorrow people. Let's rock the place. 

Archived