Big Mo

Scoop24

Franchise tag. Trade him if you have to. Keep him if he's being reasonable. Leonard Williams looks like he is developing nicely. I still think Snacks for 2 downs at a much lesser cost is more valuable than paying Mo what he wants at an exorbitant cost. 

The one thing I will say is that if they extend him, the pipe dreams of Brees or Stafford or whomever else are over and Fitz is back for sure. 

If you want to win a Super Bowl you trade him if he's unreasonable. People like to say that Reggie White put the Packers over the top to win a ring but they also had Brett Favre at QB. If you want to struggle to win 9 games pay him like Watt & watch games like last night. I really like Mo but we already have Williams & Sheldon. I would venture to say the Jets would be better off trying to get an edge rusher instead. I hope the Jets can figure out a way to keep Mo but if he wants a 100 million dollar contract I say PASS if you want to have a complete balanced team. You also have to take into consideration that Mo has been on a roll since Bowles moved Sheldon to end, makes it much tougher on the Oline, Plus you have another #1 pick in Leo out there & Snacks dominating the middle, he's not doing this on his own like Watt. What Calais Campbell getting? That's a similar player who would probably be as good playing with Richardson, Leo & Snacks.

He's getting Paid, Sheldon is on the out side looking in. Big Leo started yesterday.

We will be cutting some dead weight this off Season, Mo will be a Jet he's still 26 no baggage, and playing he's best football. He's got 12 sack at 3-4 end!

Just for starters:-

Geno

Kearly

Cro

Cumberland

Brick (renegotiate)

Mangold (ditto)

Super Mac will sort it.

He's getting Paid, Sheldon is on the out side looking in. Big Leo started yesterday.

We will be cutting some dead weight this off Season, Mo will be a Jet he's still 26 no baggage, and playing he's best football. He's got 12 sack at 3-4 end!

Just for starters:-

Geno

Kearly

Cro

Cumberland

Brick (renegotiate)

Mangold (ditto)

Super Mac will sort it.

Kerley isn't worth cutting. It doesn't really save that much money. Cumberland and Cro yes. Why cut Geno? He's a cheap back up QB. Brick and Mangold should renegotiate, but they have no real reason to.

Think of it this way either give Mo what he wants or bring back Fitz, Powell, Harrison, Douzable, and Henderson for the same money.

Kerley isn't worth cutting. It doesn't really save that much money. Cumberland and Cro yes. Why cut Geno? He's a cheap back up QB. Brick and Mangold should renegotiate, but they have no real reason to.

Think of it this way either give Mo what he wants or bring back Fitz, Powell, Harrison, Douzable, and Henderson for the same money.

They'll cut Geno because they'll likely draft a QB, and they won't be carrying 4 QBs. Geno's days as a Jet are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that Fitz seems to be our QB for next year what happens if New Orleans or SD calls and says they want MO for their QB???

I would look to keep Mo and move Sheldon.  Sheldon seems like the better player but he may be a knucklehead.  Sign Mo and Snacks. 

Kerley is Defo a goner, His cap number for next year is 3.1 Mill http://overthecap.com/player/jeremy-kerley/998/

The Jets save 1.3 mill if they Cut him, The Jets will not struggle to replace his 16 receptions. He's a poor punt returner. He's not in their plans. He's so far down the Depth Chart.

Geno is out, His Immaturity is a big factory, the guy blow his NFL Career with the Jets for $600 Bucks!

We've moved on ,It's Fitz Magic, Petty and a Rookie that they will no doubt Draft. Fitz will get a big pay rise, but he's not getting 15 Mill per.

Heres the deal with the Jets D-line and Defensive needs. When it comes to the type of defense we play, fast solid LB's are what we need. The NFL seems to call less and less holding penalties on passing plays to protect the QB and its having an effect on our D-line's pass rushing abilities . The only guy able to get pressure hold or no hold is Wilkerson the rest will be over paid run stoppers when all we really need is to move one of our back ups to the D line and build up the LB corp..

I think the Jets should Keep Wilk and Harrison and try to move Williams and Richardson for high draft picks, then use those picks to build up our LB corp. In a passing league where D Lineman are getting held routinely I would much rather have LB's who can be complete players  that can both cover and run sideline to sideline kind of like Luke Keickly (sp?)

Our D-line stops the run but if we keep Wilk and Harrision we will still be formidable vs the run by adding good LB's and probably fair much better vs TE and the short passing game the Pats love to use against us 

Franchise Mo one more year and see how the market plays out. With a solid draft next year, we can add some much needed depth and see what number Mo is looking for. I agree Mo is great and probably the best defensive player, we will have to wait at least year to sign him to a long term contract so we are not financially strapped.

Heres the deal with the Jets D-line and Defensive needs. When it comes to the type of defense we play, fast solid LB's are what we need. The NFL seems to call less and less holding penalties on passing plays to protect the QB and its having an effect on our D-line's pass rushing abilities . The only guy able to get pressure hold or no hold is Wilkerson the rest will be over paid run stoppers when all we really need is to move one of our back ups to the D line and build up the LB corp..

I think the Jets should Keep Wilk and Harrison and try to move Williams and Richardson for high draft picks, then use those picks to build up our LB corp. In a passing league where D Lineman are getting held routinely I would much rather have LB's who can be complete players  that can both cover and run sideline to sideline kind of like Luke Keickly (sp?)

Our D-line stops the run but if we keep Wilk and Harrision we will still be formidable vs the run by adding good LB's and probably fair much better vs TE and the short passing game the Pats love to use against us 

I understand your point but I don't agree with moving Williams, he is not going to bring a top 10 pick in return and is only going to get better and better.   He and Wilk should be the anchors of our D-Line for years to come.  Richardson is the one to trade if you are going to trade anyone.    Your point about fast linebackers is a good one though. 

so at this point his play is pretty much speaking for it self . He his gonna cost a big buck to resign but his trade value is pretty much at his peak . 

What would you guys do go all in on resigning him or move him? 

I don't know how many teams are going to be willing to trade a  high pick, and sign him to very expensive contract. ( would be more teams interested if he made it to market as UFA- Just money to sign .)  

There is always usually one team silly enough to do  that .   They are willing to do just that( Trade , and pay him big bucks), and they eventually regret that decision.  How much does N Suh season this  year( after signing that expensive contract) plays in teams thinking of making that kind of investment in position other than a franchise Qb .

Going to be interesting what happens with Wilkerson this offseason.

If Mo is not going to be reasonable, there is no reason not to trade him and give Sheldon a contract. Due to his off-the-field antics, Shel might be had at a discount. In fact, I'd say if that is the case, sign Sheldon at the end of the season while his value is low and franchise Mo for next year. Use him as insurance against Sheldon getting more suspension time. If there's no suspension or a short suspension, trade Mo. They might well be able to lock up Snacks and Shel for the same cost as locking up Wilkerson AND come out with a high pick.

You want to trade the rookie that is on his rookie deal still? 

Not to go all bitonti, but the team doesn't get better by dumping one of the best defensive players in the league to keep a 2-down player at a different position, even if it saves money.

Fair enough. Would you rather have just Mo or Snacks, Powell, Fitz, and a couple other FAs? It's not justa  1 vs. 1 comparison in my mind.

What about trading the rookie after his rookie season?

Is that something that someone seriously said?

Archived