Kid at Jets game drinking Bud Light

joewilly12

Posting this type of crap from deadspin only reinforces NEGATIVE images & associations with Jets fans. No one cars and no evidence that something unethical is occurring. 

Its FACT and its happening someone took the picture obviously a concerned fan. 

Since it's Bud Light, I figured it was your kid Joe Willy!

No way my son is old enough to drink he prefers Angry Orchard. 

Its FACT and its happening someone took the picture obviously a concerned fan. 

WRONG. because if that was an actual ADULT CONCERNED FAN, then they WOULD HAVE REPORTED THAT "PARENT" & the incident would be MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY addressed. It wasn't, because it's a non-issue to the point t that it was only picked up by Deadspin which has the journalistic credibility of and equivalent to a used douche rag floating in the Gowanus. 

friggin,  Momo......... :blink:

If someone was giving my kid alcohol without my permission I would care. If someone wants to give their own kid alcohol I could really care less...as long as he's not driving.

Seriously we've turned into a world full of intermeddling  old crows. Everyone is outraged about something, and ready to write letters insisting it gets banned. 

WRONG. because if that was an actual ADULT CONCERNED FAN, then they WOULD HAVE REPORTED THAT "PARENT" & the incident would be MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY addressed. It wasn't, because it's a non-issue to the point t that it was only picked up by Deadspin which has the journalistic credibility of and equivalent to a used douche rag floating in the Gowanus. 

The picture proves the kid was drinking from a Bud Light bottle it could very well have water in it,who the helll knows. 

Everytime something happens at Jets games its always exploited by the media. 

I saw it I posted it,dont shoot the messenger. 

Curious why "PARENT" is capitalized and in quotes...

If someone was giving my kid alcohol without my permission I would care. If someone wants to give their own kid alcohol I could really care less...as long as he's not driving.

Seriously we've turned into a world full of intermeddling  old crows. Everyone is outraged about something, and ready to write letters insisting it gets banned. 

It's weird and ironic. Television and the internet gets more and more vitriolic and outrageous but in our personal lives we are "offended" all the time. Little secret: no one is really offended, it is just a bully stick and power play to claim victim status.

It's weird and ironic. Television and the internet gets more and more vitriolic and outrageous but in our personal lives we are "offended" all the time. Little secret: no one is really offended, it is just a bully stick and power play to claim victim status.

I find this comment to be outrageous and offensive...I will be reporting it to the mods as soon as I finish organizing my protest you A-hole.

It's just another form of bullying. Ironic that the same people offended by bullies use this platform to make them feel better about their own pathetic shortcomings. 

I find this comment to be outrageous and offensive...I will be reporting it to the mods as soon as I finish organizing my protest you A-hole.

It's funny, but since I was a kid there are many things you can no longer do or say. Every year something else gets banned because something happened to someone somewhere. We used to be able to play outside on our own when I was a kid.

This morning I waited for over 2 minutes at a red light in the parking lot at Lowes. Seriously at a traffic light in a parking lot. By the time your kids are your age there will be no decisions left to your own judgment. 

So what?  Aren't kids allowed to drink with parental supervision anyway?  I know in some states they can even at bars.  Definitely at home in Jersey.  If I had kids, would I let 'em drink?... probably not until high school.  But let people do what they want.  This nanny stuff is BS.  Other countries must get a kick out of us at times.

It's funny, but since I was a kid there are many things you can no longer do or say. Every year something else gets banned because something happened to someone somewhere. We used to be able to play outside on our own when I was a kid.

This morning I waited for over 2 minutes at a red light in the parking lot at Lowes. Seriously at a traffic light in a parking lot. By the time your kids are your age there will be no decisions left to your own judgment. 

I find this language hurtful as you're saying things were tougher in your day.  That's an obvious case of generation-ism!  Mods - please permanently ban this user.

(yes this is /sarc)

I thoroughly enjoyed this comment from the article:

Kid: [wobbling around on concourse]

Security Guard: [stops kid] Umm, are you alright?

Kid: [slurring speech] Youa need toa get outta my way.

Security Guard: I think you’re drunk. Spell Jets.

Kid: J-E-[lengthy pause]-That **** Fireman Ed is a goddamn loser. I quit playing fireman two years ago.

Security Guard: You’re free to go.

Tough to dispute. Yours is clearly a first-hand account. 

I'm amused by your opinions, not offended by them. Can you say the same? We both know the answer.

Curious reply. I was not disputing your contention, which I bolded, that no one is offended. Then you imply that I'm offended by your opinions? Weird. You clearly don't know the answer here, but instead are rather quick with an assumption. 

Curious reply. I was not disputing your contention, which I bolded, that no one is offended. Then you imply that I'm offended by your opinions? Weird. You clearly don't know the answer here, but instead are rather quick with an assumption. 

And you don't know how to make a point

I have no idea what you're saying here. 

Nice turnaround attempt but if your intention was to convey a cogent thought by responding to me, you have failed. You can blame me for not interpreting whatever information you attempted to transmit but the fact is you did not succeed in communicating whatever it was that you felt was important enough to type out. So try again. And if it is an effective communication, I will do my best to respond in a manner satisfactory to you.

Archived