The Jets are still alive in the playoff hunt....

jetscrazey

...and that's about the only good thing I can say after that game.  Here are the other things I can say:

-O-line played like garbage most of the game.  Remember when the Jets were a running team?  Powell is the only watchable running back right now.

-Dumb penalties are making them play down to the level of their opponent.  Giacomini with another one today, and not to forget Brian Winters and Douzable.

-The lack of depth at tight end caught up with them tonight as Jeff Cumberland was asked to block and failed miserably.

-The front 4 generated no pass rush for most of the game.  Kellen Moore could've cooked an omelet back there.  I don't want to hear any more Mo to JJ Watt comparisons, he's just not on that level.  Mauldin was nowhere to be found either.

-Let's pray David Harris is ok.  Brady will pick us apart without him.

-Props to Fitz and the receivers for gutting another one out when they were getting no help 

That is the worst game this OL as a unit has probably ever had, and not even against a good defensive line. The Jets totally played down to their competition today, looked a lot more like the team that showed up for the Buffalo and Houston games than the team that showed up against Miami and the second half against the Giants. Really hoping that was just one of those games and we caught enough breaks to escape with the win, because if the team that showed up today shows up against New England and Buffalo we are not making the playoffs.

1st and 25 against a kid making his first NFL appearance ever and we let them go down and get a FG. Jesus with that.

...and that's about the only good thing I can say after that game.  Here are the other things I can say:

-O-line played like garbage most of the game.  Remember when the Jets were a running team?  Powell is the only watchable running back right now.

-Dumb penalties are making them play down to the level of their opponent.  Giacomini with another one today, and not to forget Brian Winters and Douzable.

-The lack of depth at tight end caught up with them tonight as Jeff Cumberland was asked to block and failed miserably.

-The front 4 generated no pass rush for most of the game.  Kellen Moore could've cooked an omelet back there.  I don't want to hear any more Mo to JJ Watt comparisons, he's just not on that level.  Mauldin was nowhere to be found either.

-Let's pray David Harris is ok.  Brady will pick us apart without him.

-Props to Fitz and the receivers for gutting another one out when they were getting no help 

I always love the complaining after a win.   Can you even remember what the previous 8 bitch-sessions were about?    

They have one of the most talented offensive lines in the league, they get paid to play as well. And their defense is ranked 9th overall, they're no slouches, they gave Aaron Rodgers absolute fits. 

That penalty on Douzable was garbage, rewound it five times, nothing. Not to mention the worst "horse-collar" penalty that I have ever seen.  

That  having been said, they don't win against the Pats playing like this. Not even a little bit. 

They have one of the most talented offensive lines in the league, they get paid to play as well. And their defense is ranked 9th overall, they're no slouches, they gave Aaron Rodgers absolute fits. 

That penalty on Douzable was garbage, rewound it five times, nothing. Not to mention the worst "horse-collar" penalty that I have ever seen.  

That  having been said, they don't win against the Pats playing like this. Not even a little bit. 

Winning against the Pats is hard enough. They know the challenge. 

Refs screwed them out of at least 3 points and maybe more. 

Dallas is a very good defensive team. What happened in Green Bay is kind of what happened here, The D wore down after being on the field a lot

As much as a W is cool, win or lose vs Dallas made no difference (as far as a wildcard over Pitt is concerned). Even if we lost, IF Denver beats Pitt, we'll be in contol of our own destiny. Same as now after the W.

Think the W tonight only helps if we finish with a better record than KC or Pitt.  No effect if tied and tiebreakers.

As much as a W is cool, win or lose vs Dallas made no difference (as far as a wI'll card overy Pitt is concerned). Even if we lost, IF Denver beats Pitt, we'll be in conto of our own destiny. Same as now after the W.

Think the W tonight only helps if we finish with a better record than KC or Pitt.  No effect if tied and tiebreakers.

technically the win was meaningless, but I wanted to see Skip Bayless cry so I really wanted the Jets to win this one

As much as a W is cool, win or lose vs Dallas made no difference (as far as a wildcard over Pitt is concerned). Even if we lost, IF Denver beats Pitt, we'll be in contol of our own destiny. Same as now after the W.

I think it was "almost meaningless".   I'm sure there are a couple of scenarios where this game matters - like Pitt or KC losing 2 of the next 3.   Also not sure what happens if Cincy collapses w/3 straight losses.  

I think it was "almost meaningless".   I'm sure there are a couple of scenarios where this game matters - like Pitt or KC losing 2 of the next 3.   Also not sure what happens if Cincy collapses w/3 straight losses.  

Right. It could mean something in the extreme scenarios vs Cincinnati or Denver. But in the most likely tiebreaker vs Pitt... meant nothing.  Now next week?... especially if Pitt loses tomorrow?... biggest game in years.

Just one of those games. Huge penalties at the wrong time. Bowles gave away 3 points (I don't get him passing up FGs?)

Our kicker & the refs gave up 4 points

Winters has a huge penalty on a 1st down play to Enunwa

The horrible horse collar call gave them HUGE MOMENTUM after a big play for them instantly putting them in scoring range. (Why the NFL doesn't have that as reviewable is mind boggling, it's a cut & dry thing to review.)

And kudos to the Dallas punter who was bombing kicks starting us in terrible field position. Pretty much everything went against us & we still pulled it out. I'll take it.

Yes, on the plus side, I was surprised at the stat provided at the end of the game showing how many close, low-scoring games the Cowboys have played (and lost) against quality opponents. They have talent without a doubt, just aren't going to have the pieces put together with that terrible QB situation.

Doesn't a horse collar require that the defender's hand be inside the jersey? Also, he grabbed the jersey halfway down his back. It wasn't a horse collar.

when guys get peeled back like that, refs are going to throw the flag. You guys act like the jets didnt get any calls, the decker fumble was ruled a fumble and then changed their mind. it would not have been reversed either.  skippy baseless is screaming at Fitzy fumble. I didnt see enough on replay to overturn that one .

when guys get peeled back like that, refs are going to throw the flag. You guys act like the jets didnt get any calls, the decker fumble was ruled a fumble and then changed their mind. it would not have been reversed either.  skippy baseless is screaming at Fitzy fumble. I didnt see enough on replay to overturn that one .

Yes, I agree that it was called because Pace pulled him back, but even then he turned him -- he didn't fall backwards. Anyway, I think penalties were a wash. The two near fumbles were very very close. I thought they got both right because they were simply to close to overturn, but either could have been bad news.

Archived