#1 Defense yeah right

Jetfan13

If anything the outcome gave us another option to get in. We had the Bengals route, but they needed to lose out. But we gained getting into the postseason over the Broncos now. 

If the Bengals beat the Broncos they secure the bye. If Jets win the Bengals can still win home field throughout the playoffs 

• Upvote 1

If anything the outcome gave us another option to get in. We had the Bengals route, but they needed to lose out. But we gained getting into the postseason over the Broncos now. 

If the Bengals beat the Broncos they secure the bye. If Jets win the Bengals can still win home field throughout the playoffs 

I wouldnt count on AJ beating that broncos def in denver. They wont need much from brock to win, then denver has SD

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt count on AJ beating that broncos def in denver. They wont need much from brock to win, then denver has SD

I quite agree ... there are many scenarios in which we CAN get in, and "stranger things have happened / any given Sunday" can still apply. But right now we're looking like the best team to not make the play offs.

My own personal view is that our best chance now is KC ... but I still have a tough time believing they'll lose to one of their two remaining opponents, even if we do win out.

The remaining matchups are terrible for us. Cincy in Denver? with their backup QB vs that defense. Cincy better bring their running game & their defense to that one. Only way Cincy wins is if they crush Osweiller (obviously his shoulder was injured) and create TOs. 

The only other chance is Oakland. But, those CBs will be all over Cooper & Crabtree. Again, it's imperative that the Raiders have balance, plus you hope KC just happens to have a sh*tty game like they did vs the Chargers (even though they won).

Yesterday was our chance with Denver getting up early but after Osweiler hurt his shoulder he was not the same guy, missed throws & played much more timid. Didn't help that Demarious Thomas & Vernon Davis couldn't catch colds, those two blew any chance we had & let the Steelers wear down the Donkey defense. Add in the pick & the fumble, the punt return TD called back & Denver gave away the game we needed.

• Upvote 2

Lets just beat the Pats.  Sucks that we got no help, but none of it matters unless we win against the Pats.  So, lets do that.

If we do not win the next two games it all is not going to matter anyway so just win

True but how much more exciting would have it been if the Steelers were handed a loss?  Now its like whatever.  None of this matters anymore 

I still think that if we win out, something will break for us.  10-6 isn't happening though.

I hope so.  The problem is we play NE and they play the dregs of the NFL.  So the likely hood of wining out compared to them is very low.

What is the scenario if Denver losses the rest of their games and KC wins the AFCW?  Because I think that is more likely than those other 2 losing their last 2 games. 

Edited by JiF

True but how much more exciting would have it been if the Steelers were handed a loss?  Now its like whatever.  None of this matters anymore 

It would have been, and technically the Jets are still alive. But a lot of bite has been taken out of this game. This can be a blessing in disguise however, because it could allow the Jets to play more free.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

I hope so.  The problem is we play NE and they play the dregs of the NFL.  So the likely hood of wining out compared to them is very low.

What is the scenario if Denver losses the rest of their games and KC wins the AFCW?  Because I think that is more likely than those other 2 losing their last 2 games. 

Jets 11-5: Pitt loses 1 -OR- KC loses 1 -OR- Denver loses 1

Jets 10-6: Pitt loses 2 -OR- KC loses 2 -OR- Denver loses 2 

So, if the Jets win out, we need help in just 1 of 6 games.  If we don't win out, we need a team to lose out.

• Upvote 1

So you are up by 3 tds and you look at Pitts offense.  You see Big Ben, an elite QB you see some guys who have made big plays in the past in Wheaton and Bryant and you see quite simply the best Wr in the league overall.  The guy that Ben always throws to, always targets heavily and probably the only guy that ill truly sink you, that being Antonio Brown.  so instead of doubling the shi* out of him on every play you play soft zones which he just eats up and when you blitz you are often going one on one against him.

Either Denver was very hubristic or flat out stupid.  One guy can beat us, we just let that one guy beat is. 

The other thing that perhaps really decided the game was the punt ret td called back for having Denver players on the field.  for all money in this league, for all the coaching, for all the prep teams are still dumb as rocks on the basics.  I am glad they called it though because encroaching on the field happens way too often.  (Coaches being the biggest culprits.)

• Upvote 1

Jets 11-5: Pitt loses 1 -OR- KC loses 1 -OR- Denver loses 1

Jets 10-6: Pitt loses 2 -OR- KC loses 2 -OR- Denver loses 2 

So, if the Jets win out, we need help in just 1 of 6 games.  If we don't win out, we need a team to lose out.

Our best hope is a Denver collapse. 

• Upvote 2

I cant see Cincy beating Denver in Mile High with a back up QB like McCarron.  If B. Osw is in fact hurt, that would make it a closer game however. He clearly was affected in the 2nd half.  So there's that. Best bet - Oakland beats KC, but its in KC. Its Oakland's Super Bowl.  These teams despise each other.  Make no mistake, this will be a war.  The other games, Pitt has Ravens and Browns.....forget that.  Denver has Cincy and SD....Interesting as SD is playing under the emotional grief of losing their home. Last game by SD Chargers? Lighting may strike!  KC has Browns and Oakland, which is our best bet.    

I almost don't want to win out. The aggravation of finishing 11-5 and on a six game winning streak and not making the playoffs might not be worth it.

I'd rather miss the playoffs at 11-5 than 9-7 / 10-6. And it's not like the difference would affect our draft pick either - 11-5 and no playoffs would give us the same spot as 9-7.

Gotta give the Pittsburgh defense some credit for dropping their zone coverages and going more to man to man and pressing the Denver receivers. Great adjustment that turned Oswhoever into a 30 minute man.

So big FU's out to

1) Oswhoever: Who for the second straight week was a 30 minute man

2) Denver defense for gagging in a big way

3) Denver's recievers for dropping ball after ball. Yeah I am looking at you Vernon Davis.

4) Gary Kubiak for not finding a way to somehow run the damn football

You know forget all that. How bout one big FU for the entire Denver Broncos organization from Elway down to the waterboys.

You Suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you are up by 3 tds and you look at Pitts offense.  You see Big Ben, an elite QB you see some guys who have made big plays in the past in Wheaton and Bryant and you see quite simply the best Wr in the league overall.  The guy that Ben always throws to, always targets heavily and probably the only guy that ill truly sink you, that being Antonio Brown.  so instead of doubling the shi* out of him on every play you play soft zones which he just eats up and when you blitz you are often going one on one against him.

Either Denver was very hubristic or flat out stupid.  One guy can beat us, we just let that one guy beat is. 

The other thing that perhaps really decided the game was the punt ret td called back for having Denver players on the field.  for all money in this league, for all the coaching, for all the prep teams are still dumb as rocks on the basics.  I am glad they called it though because encroaching on the field happens way too often.  (Coaches being the biggest culprits.)

Never, ever underestimate the ability of a Gary Kubiak run team to screw up when it counts most.

• Upvote 1