One More Reason The Jets Need To Win On Sunday

Gen X Jet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIn out and Cincy beats Denver. We get #6 seed regardless of any other games' outcome. Denver wins last wk and gets an 11-5 record, same as chiefs, Steelers and Jets if they all win out. Chiefs win the division and #3 seed. Steelers get the #5 and Broncos get #7.

AJ McCarron against Denver's defense?  Awesome.

ya we probably miss by 1 game.. still, in sept 2015, w/new coaches/playbook, most of us would have been thrilled/signed up  to know our last 2-3 games had playoff implications,,Future is bright!!!!!!!!!!!

ya we probably miss by 1 game.. still, in sept 2015, w/new coaches/playbook, most of us would have been thrilled/signed up  to know our last 2-3 games had playoff implications,,Future is bright!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, we have a winning season with a new HC and GM.  Not too shabby.

yup and 3 new playbooks.. off/def/ST's,,very important fact as Parcells once said it took 2 years to fully implement his playbooks

Not thrilled with special teams. Bobby April needs to get them playing better or I would sack him. Otherwise, I have few complaints this season, though we did give away the Buffalo game with poor coaching decsions, we'll get them back for that. One thing I like about Bowles is that he learns from his mistakes whereas Rex is still making the same ones in Buffalo. I don't think he gets a second season with them. You can't continually lose and say "We had the better team, we just didn't play like it, or we didn't show it" and not have someone point the finger at you and say 'why not'? 

Not thrilled with special teams. Bobby April needs to get them playing better or I would sack him. Otherwise, I have few complaints this season, though we did give away the Buffalo game with poor coaching decsions, we'll get them back for that. One thing I like about Bowles is that he learns from his mistakes whereas Rex is still making the same ones in Buffalo. I don't think he gets a second season with them. You can't continually lose and say "We had the better team, we just didn't play like it, or we didn't show it" and not have someone point the finger at you and say 'why not'? 

they need players to play STs not a new ST coach.  

teams go from 3/4/5/6 wins to the playoffs the next year all the time.  this is not some historic turnaround, it will be a colossal disappointment if we miss the playoffs. 

True, but it will likely be circumstance -- if we go 10-6 or 11-5 and miss it, what can you do? That's unusual. This team is certainly far better than Mangini's first year or Herm's first year.

True, but it will likely be circumstance -- if we go 10-6 or 11-5 and miss it, what can you do? That's unusual. This team is certainly far better than Mangini's first year or Herm's first year.

that would not be better than Herm or Mangini's first year b/c those guys made the playoffs.  10-6 w/ playoffs is better than 11-5 w/o them.

Okay...I guess we'll see how they do against McCarron on Sunday.

WTF, as if you know, as if it's a given.  Pretty simple line, Denver hasn't looked good in weeks.  Not really a debate, just a statement. 

Cincy is still a good team. 

Specials have been better the last few games. It's two things at play: injuries and poor past drafts. Injuries to starters trickle down to special teams and then you end up with not great players playing special teams.

last new coach: Fired

one before that: Fired

one before that: Fired

Fixed. And now it makes just about as much sense as yours did.

Specials have been better the last few games. It's two things at play: injuries and poor past drafts. Injuries to starters trickle down to special teams and then you end up with not great players playing special teams.

Fixed. And now it makes just about as much sense as yours did.

and this coach will be fired at some point too.  Your point makes no sense, my point made perfect sense.  you guys are acting like we made this miraculous jump from 4 wins to 9/10/11 wins. 

last new coach: AFC Championship game

one before that: AFC wild card

one before that: AFC wildcard

Last coach we had that didn't get at least 9 wins his first season was Kotite.  Hell, Groh was sitting at 9-4.

I'm not sure why everybody thinks that Bowles learns from his mistakes.  I like him and he seems like a good coach.  I appreciate the even handed, one-game at a time approach, but the guy keeps leaving ******* points on the field.  I guess his main excuse may end up being fear of Bullock.

WTF, as if you know, as if it's a given.  Pretty simple line, Denver hasn't looked good in weeks.  Not really a debate, just a statement. 

Cincy is still a good team. 

Psychopath much?

teams go from 3/4/5/6 wins to the playoffs the next year all the time.  this is not some historic turnaround, it will be a colossal disappointment if we miss the playoffs. 

With all due respect, I feel you're pretty off on this. The reason I say this is because if you SIMPLY look at the Jets' Team rankings in terms of Offensive production (1st in Redzone scoring, Top rushing/game, WR scoring #s, etc.)  and Defensive dominance (Points allowed, Redzone Defense, etc.)

the LEAPS and BOUNDS in terms of improvement are ASTOUNDING when compared to last year and MORE SO the past 4 years under Rex. Penalties AGAINST the Jets, ALONE, have become nonexistent in COSTING this team games during the course of the season; can't say THAT for the last 6 years under the previous regime. 

So while, disappointing, we don't make the playoffs, the numbers, the production, and WATCHING the PRODUCT PLAYING on THE FIELD, CLEARLY demonstrates that there HAS been a HISTORIC turnaround - the history for the last 6 years had a culture of EXCUSES and ACCEPTING losing amongst players  - MacCAgs and Bowles have COMPLETELY 180 degrees turned about and rooted and stamped that mentality out. it's great.  the FUTURE looks bright and promising. 

We're playing with HOUSE MONEY (our BACKUP Journeyman QB having a career year, Solid defense, etc.). Everyone thought the ceiling was 7-8 win MAX back in July, now we're able to WIN OUT and who know!?!?!?!?!?

Starts this Sunday, I'll be there and HOARSE AS HELL!! :-)

Actually, we want the Broncos to lose their next game. Osweiler can take the day off.

Yea, I caught that too? We need Cincy to win. Best case scenario & equalizer of home field advantage is weather. Steelers got a lot of heat on Osweiler & beat him up pretty good. Cincy has a much better defense overall. It would be nice to see the Bengals get that running game going with Bernard & Harris. As Jet fans we need Cincy to jump on top early & force Osweiler into a little bit of panic mode. Steelers shook him up by hitting him, he played like sh*t the entire 2nd half. I'm hoping Cincy D is coming in 100% healthy.

Yea, I caught that too? We need Cincy to win. Best case scenario & equalizer of home field advantage is weather. Steelers got a lot of heat on Osweiler & beat him up pretty good. Cincy has a much better defense overall. It would be nice to see the Bengals get that running game going with Bernard & Harris. As Jet fans we need Cincy to jump on top early & force Osweiler into a little bit of panic mode. Steelers shook him up by hitting him, he played like sh*t the entire 2nd half. I'm hoping Cincy D is coming in 100% healthy.

I hate to say it, but it looks like our season comes down to depending on Cincy knocking off Denver in that game. Of course, it also comes down to the Jets winning the next two, but at least those games are within the Jets' control.

I agree with this statement. It would be a colossal disappointment if we missed that playoffs. You dont spend all that money to establish a top 5 defense, make trades to establish a top 10 offense and you dont make the playoffs. 

If the Jets win out and they dont make it given how poorly the playoff structure is, then it would be a disappointment but it would be a respectable season because we did what we had to do going undefeated in the month of December and winning our last 6. However, if we lose to the Pats or Bills and we dont make it then I agree with you 100% because its bad enough that we even need help given the schedule this year, but we will most definitely be reflecting back on the Houston, Philly and Oakland games and realize that we missed the playoffs because we let teams that were better than beat us. 

Archived