Who gets stung by Ivory Sunday?

Jetster

Seems every single game that Ivory is healthy somebody on the opposing defense gets their knees buckled when Ivory gets into the 2nd level & drops his pads into somebody. 1st game vs Pats, Ivory completely lost his burst after getting tweaked on his 1st carry of the game. Lighting won't strike twice, Ivory is gonna be hunting on Sunday & somebody in that Pats secondary is gonna have to be sacrificed to make the tackle.

Wait until some of those backups get a load of him coming at them. Can't wait! 

I hope it's Belichick on the sideline.

+1

Ivory levels Belichick, Brady, and Gronk after a 47 yard scamper. Edelman runs over in his walking boot and tries to give them all mouth to mouth - providing us memes for eternity and solidifying the Patriot way.

Bring out the carts! 

The coaches need to be more creative especially in 4th or 3rd and short yardage situations. Does Fitzpatrick have the ability to change the play when he sees the defense stacking against the run up the middle? I would rather spread the defense out and get the ball to Powell or throw against that defense.

The coaches need to be more creative especially in 4th or 3rd and short yardage situations. Does Fitzpatrick have the ability to change the play when he sees the defense stacking against the run up the middle? I would rather spread the defense out and get the ball to Powell or throw against that defense.

This has been driving me crazy for weeks...Why don't we try a play action roll out with someone sneaking out of the backfield or off the line with a one wide set.  The D is committing to the box....something has to be open....it works every time I remember someone trying to run it on us....worst case scenario, Fitz should be able to pick up the one yard to the outside.

He's called his own number a couple of times this year when in hurry up. He actually did on 3rd and 4 against the Cowboys and got us to 4th and a foot and then they took their time and ran ivory up the middle for some reason.

Kinda of hard to truck somebody when a defensive lineman is contacting you a yard in the back field. 

I could be wrong but doesn't Dbrick do pretty good against Chandler Jones? The guy that killed us was Ninkovich. He kept setting the edge & we couldn't get Ivory outside but remember this, even hamstrung Chan started running inside with Ivory & had some success. This game we have Enunwa back to crack back on Ninkovich or seek out Collins & get in his way. Plus Bilal will be in on 3rd down to slow down those inside blitzes from Collins. Gonna be a fun chess match.

I could be wrong but doesn't Dbrick do pretty good against Chandler Jones? The guy that killed us was Ninkovich. He kept setting the edge & we couldn't get Ivory outside but remember this, even hamstrung Chan started running inside with Ivory & had some success. This game we have Enunwa back to crack back on Ninkovich or seek out Collins & get in his way. Plus Bilal will be in on 3rd down to slow down those inside blitzes from Collins. Gonna be a fun chess match.

Just noticed against the Cowboys, quick D lineman slashed the backside and stop our running backs before they got started.  Backside pursuit spoiled cutbacks as well.  Most of the time it was whoever Cumberland was not blocking.  Him and Ridley should be inactive.  

Just noticed against the Cowboys, quick D lineman slashed the backside and stop our running backs before they got started.  Backside pursuit spoiled cutbacks as well.  Most of the time it was whoever Cumberland was not blocking.  Him and Ridley should be inactive.  

They showed one replay where the rookie Gregory walked Cumberland back to Fitz & then tackled Fitz by throwing Cumberland at him, lol. 

To their credit the Cowboys kept the game close by stopping 3 crucial short yardage rush attempts so something needs to change...

To their credit the Cowboys kept the game close by stopping 3 crucial short yardage rush attempts so something needs to change...

I thought the one constant in those short yardage failures was how long it took for those runs to develope. We have to be much quicker off the ball vs the Pats. Chan needs to change it up on 1st down, there's something in our sets that's tipping off our run plays. Or it could be our tendency to run too much on 1st down.

Even considering the Marshall TD drop and even considering the ridiculous 3rd drown conversions by Brady and the Pats in the 2nd half I think effectively losing Ivory (or losing an effective Ivory) on the first play of the game was the biggest single reason that we lost up there.

Really interested to see how we do with a healthy Ivory/Powell combination this weekend.

I thought the one constant in those short yardage failures was how long it took for those runs to develope. We have to be much quicker off the ball vs the Pats. Chan needs to change it up on 1st down, there's something in our sets that's tipping off our run plays. Or it could be our tendency to run too much on 1st down.

Possibly, seems like Cowboys knew the play immediately so something is tipping off the plays...

I actually think Ivory has been dancing a little more than usual and not hitting the holes. Hopefully he reverts back to his sledgehammer ways.

Even considering the Marshall TD drop and even considering the ridiculous 3rd drown conversions by Brady and the Pats in the 2nd half I think effectively losing Ivory (or losing an effective Ivory) on the first play of the game was the biggest single reason that we lost up there.

Really interested to see how we do with a healthy Ivory/Powell combination this weekend.

Like you said they couldn't make enough 3rd down stops. That was the difference.

This has been driving me crazy for weeks...Why don't we try a play action roll out with someone sneaking out of the backfield or off the line with a one wide set.  The D is committing to the box....something has to be open....it works every time I remember someone trying to run it on us....worst case scenario, Fitz should be able to pick up the one yard to the outside.

why not a QB sneak? Almost impossible to stop a half yard.  I really don't get it.  

Archived