SW Force Awakens ***SPOILER*** Thread

prime21

If he's not Plageius, then he is totally 100% new.  Who else could he be?

Again this is the problem with trashing the EU. We don't even know if Darth Bane existed anymore, and it also appears as though they're acting like the prequels 100% never happened either, even though they won't just say it directly. So we don't know if Plagueis existed either.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can be a bit character, and they do live a long time.

OK, not a problem with the movie, but when Han tries Chewie's gun, and he's like, "I really like this."

They are best friends for.... 40+ years?  Like brothers.  Been in hundreds of battles together, and Han has never thought to ask, "Can I try your gun?"  But I loved the added impact when Chewie shoots someone.  They don't go down, they go flying back.

I bet Han asked once and Chewie threatened to rip his arms out of their sockets. 

Yeah, I have the novelization on my Kindle app ready to read.

We all want to act like the prequels never happened but Plageius is officially a part of the new Canon (Bane isn't) so hes a serious option for Snoke. Hes also disfigured as Plageius woukd be from Sidious killed him.

Yeah, I have the novelization on my Kindle app ready to read.

We all want to act like the prequels never happened but Plageius is officially a part of the new Canon (Bane isn't) so hes a serious option for Snoke. Hes also disfigured as Plageius woukd be from Sidious killed him.

Yeah. Those sure do look like light saber wounds.

image.png

Funny thing is, my suspension of disbelief breaker was the sun draining for Starkiller Base.  That got me because I started thinking, "Once the sun goes dark everyone should become an icicle like in The Day After Tomorrow."

Also, as to the Kylo Ren-Rey, fight, I think Kylo's confidence was shook even more once Rey called the Skywalker lightsaber.  She already punked him in the interrogation and now she took the lightsaber he wanted from him because she was more powerful in the Force.  He also wanted to recruit her while Rey was trying to kill him.

Funny thing is, my suspension of disbelief breaker was the sun draining for Starkiller Base.  That got me because I started thinking, "Once the sun goes dark everyone should become an icicle like in The Day After Tomorrow."

Also, as to the Kylo Ren-Rey, fight, I think Kylo's confidence was shook even more once Rey called the Skywalker lightsaber.  She already punked him in the interrogation and now she took the lightsaber he wanted from him because she was more powerful in the Force.  He also wanted to recruit her while Rey was trying to kill him.

The temper tantrums were a nice touch.

I heard a rumor that there is a deleted scene that includes chewy ripping a dudes arms after han dies. have you heard anything like that ?

Abrams isn't admitting it. It's in the book, and we know there's 20 min worth of extra movie that they cut out for the theatrical version. Fingers crossed it is because that will definitely make its way online eventually if it exists.

Abrams isn't admitting it. It's in the book, and we know there's 20 min worth of extra movie that they cut out for the theatrical version. Fingers crossed it is because that will definitely make its way online eventually if it exists.

cool, txs, so when is the disc coming out ?   lol

Abrams has said he doesn't want an Blu Ray with all these crazy bonus scenes.  He wants one version of the movie.  But... that doesn't mean they can't show deleted scenes.

I heard the arm ripping off was in that Bar with the short goggle wearing thing.

He can be a bit character, and they do live a long time.

OK, not a problem with the movie, but when Han tries Chewie's gun, and he's like, "I really like this."

They are best friends for.... 40+ years?  Like brothers.  Been in hundreds of battles together, and Han has never thought to ask, "Can I try your gun?"  But I loved the added impact when Chewie shoots someone.  They don't go down, they go flying back.

Well, Chewie fought with Yoda and never told Han (in Kashyykese) before a New Hope, "By the way, you know, The Force is real."

No way she was losing that fight as Luke's daughter

Is this the general consensus on Rey?

My Son and I were discussing this after the movie and could not come to a definitive conclusion on who her parents are.

I could see her being his daughter and not suggesting otherwise, but when we were talking about it a second child of Han and Leia was our 50.1-49.9 consensus on the matter.  It is a trait in the family, a boy and girl set of twins.  The part we had trouble grasping was whether Han/Leia knowingly stashed her or Luke Jedi-magically took her.

The problem with this line of thought is her flashback of being put on the J planet.

Is this the general consensus on Rey?

My Son and I were discussing this after the movie and could not come to a definitive conclusion on who her parents are.

I could see her being his daughter and not suggesting otherwise, but when we were talking about it a second child of Han and Leia was our 50.1-49.9 consensus on the matter.  It is a trait in the family, a boy and girl set of twins.  The part we had trouble grasping was whether Han/Leia knowingly stashed her or Luke Jedi-magically took her.

The problem with this line of thought is her flashback of being put on the J planet.

Not consensus, since there is debate, but I believe the stronger evidence is that she's Luke's daughter (and my subsequent viewings made me feel more for that theory).

After I saw it the first time, I thought she was Han/Leia's daughter, but then my buddy made an eye opening question (to me): "Are you saying they lost TWO kids? How bad of parents are they?"  From there, the Han/Leia connection started falling apart for me.

Without being trained, why would she be stronger in the Force than Ben Solo if not that she was a direct Force line from Vader?  The lightsaber called her and she had a stronger pull to it in her battle with Kylo Ren.

Although I have no evidence of it from this movie, I'm also guessing that Rey's mom was Force sensitive as well, which adds to her extra power.  Kylo Ren's problem is that only his mom is Force sensitive and she never developed her powers.  My guess (based on Han/Leia's dialogue) is that Ben Solo was showing signs of unfocused power as a child which they couldn't control, so they sent him to Luke.

Lastly, remember the second teaser trailer for Force Awakens?  Mark Hamill has the opening narrative (which isn't in the movie).  "The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."  IMO, he's talking to Rey as his daughter.

Not consensus, since there is debate, but I believe the stronger evidence is that she's Luke's daughter (and my subsequent viewings made me feel more for that theory).

After I saw it the first time, I thought she was Han/Leia's daughter, but then my buddy made an eye opening question (to me): "Are you saying they lost TWO kids? How bad of parents are they?"  From there, the Han/Leia connection started falling apart for me.

Without being trained, why would she be stronger in the Force than Ben Solo if not that she was a direct Force line from Vader?  The lightsaber called her and she had a stronger pull to it in her battle with Kylo Ren.

Although I have no evidence of it from this movie, I'm also guessing that Rey's mom was Force sensitive as well, which adds to her extra power.  Kylo Ren's problem is that only his mom is Force sensitive and she never developed her powers.  My guess (based on Han/Leia's dialogue) is that Ben Solo was showing signs of unfocused power as a child which they couldn't control, so they sent him to Luke.

Lastly, remember the second teaser trailer for Force Awakens?  Mark Hamill has the opening narrative (which isn't in the movie).  "The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."  IMO, he's talking to Rey as his daughter.

I like these points and it is now 50.1-49.9 for Luke.  :)

I love the first point more so than the second.  Technically, and I could not see Luke saying it to Kylo unless it is a flashback, Kylo is related to Luke.

The first point convinces me  she is his daughter.  Great catch.

I like these points and it is now 50.1-49.9 for Luke.  :)

I love the first point more so than the second.  Technically, and I could not see Luke saying it to Kylo unless it is a flashback, Kylo is related to Luke.

The first point convinces me  she is his daughter.  Great catch.

I actually could see Luke saying that to Kylo, and it got cut out of the movie.  I don't think she is Luke's.

I actually could see Luke saying that to Kylo, and it got cut out of the movie.  I don't think she is Luke's.

I don't know why, but I don't either. The whole thing just seems too easy of the thing. And I have to believe that if they are trying to mirror the original trilogy in some way, we'll get some sort of bombshell dropped on us in Ep VIII.

I don't know why, but I don't either. The whole thing just seems too easy of the thing. And I have to believe that if they are trying to mirror the original trilogy in some way, we'll get some sort of bombshell dropped on us in Ep VIII.

And it's just too... I don't know.  Luke's kid vs Han's kid.  Too in the family.  Plus, why would he have abandoned her to basically live like a slave, not much better off than a young Anakin.  If it is some how Obi Wan's kid, that's kind of too pat as well.  Vader's grandchild vs Kenobi's, family fight round 2!

Could just be someone new, who knows.

And it's just too... I don't know.  Luke's kid vs Han's kid.  Too in the family.  Plus, why would he have abandoned her to basically live like a slave, not much better off than a young Anakin.  If it is some how Obi Wan's kid, that's kind of too pat as well.  Vader's grandchild vs Kenobi's, family fight round 2!

Could just be someone new, who knows.

I also feel like Abrams wouldn't set up such a buildup, and a wait, for something so obvious. You read the perspective he's offered on how he handled Khan during the promo tours for VII and there's a lot of regret there. It just seems like something not worth making the audience wait for finding out if that's the deal or not, and hearing him talk as a director now it sounds like he would think the same thing.

If Rey is part of Kenobi's line, shed be is granddaughter and not his daughter. Kenobi died at least 15 years before Rey was born (shes only 19 in Force Awakens).

And I disagree with the bombshell idea. The reason Vader was revealed as Luke's father in Empire as a bombshell is because Lucas changed the story between films. When he filmed Star Wars Luke's father and Vader were two different characters. 

I also feel like Abrams wouldn't set up such a buildup, and a wait, for something so obvious. You read the perspective he's offered on how he handled Khan during the promo tours for VII and there's a lot of regret there. It just seems like something not worth making the audience wait for finding out if that's the deal or not, and hearing him talk as a director now it sounds like he would think the same thing.

Maybe because its not some "big reveal."

Star Wars saga is the story about Skywalkers. Hard to believe that the heroine of the third trilogy is not a Skywalker.

- When I went to see it opening night, Han's death scene pissed me off. I felt it was unceremonius and an unworthy send-off. I changed my mind when I saw it in IMAX. It's actually great if you view it through the eyes of Kylo and not Han. In hindsight, when this trilogy is done, I think it's going to serve as a big moment for the arc. Think about when Obi Wan just disappears in IV. It's not that huge a moment and there is still a lot of movie left. Obi Wan's death is more about Luke and Vader, and it's done unceremoniously on purpose. Han's death is kind of a foil to that, I think. Kylo takes, rather than anyone giving something to him. And he doesn't want guidance, he wants to be rid of what's holding him back. There is this wonderful, subtle point where the sun stops draining just as he says he's going through this struggle, then it all goes dark right as he says he wants to be free of his pain and before he impales him. So, I think it's meant to serve more as a big moment for him rather than a big finale for Han. Mostly, I think it's a scene that is supposed to be a necessary thing for a new character. Because he doesn't view Han Solo like the way an audience member does, he doesn't give a sh*t and he thinks Han was a crappy father. But again, that scene falls right in line with staying to the beat of A New Hope.

- Rey is awesome, Fin is awesome, Kylo Ren is really awesome. Crazy how they developed an entirely new cast, eased the transition well, and we all care about them now. No easy task for sure.

I could see it happening' I mean, Harrison Ford isn't getting any younger, so maybe he only signed on for this movie.

Great scene though on the bridge, as soon as the light faded on them I knew something bad was going to happen. 

this made me appreciate it more, i want to believe. 

Lucas publicly  said Jar Jar was central to the prequel trilogy and then hastily wrote him out of episodes 2 and 3 making those movies make less sense.

JJ and Disney want to distance the new movies from the prequels as much as possible and Lucas has 4 billion reasons to keep his mouth shut so nothing will ever be revealed about this

Archived