Nickname Needed for Chant Leader Scott

Maxman

Not sure why all the anger.  No one knows the guy personally here or at least no one has said so.

If you want to BMC about something do it about all the Patriots trolls that have been allowed on this board recently not a fellow Jets fan who is out there every Sunday cheering the team on.

no one is knocking the man personally, but it is rather apparent by the sample size of comments that CLEARLY Scott has NOT EARNED the privilege to lead the chant and thus no reverence. All the crap (beads, face paint, ribbons, US Flag, etc) DETRACT from us as fans taking him seriously. He was HANDED the reins and the constituency isn't convinced YET, maybe with time and as I stated earlier: if he learns how to really command that JETS Chant. 

No one is angry towards the guy, but you have a room full of smart asses who will give wise-ass remarks. I sincerely hope it is taken as CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICSIM that it's a title with apparently SOME expectations he has yet to meet and Willa improve with time.

example of why it is bad to ask a room (let alone a forum) consisting mainly of sports-associated males to come up with a nickname for a fellow member within the organization: 

1998 Cornell frat pledge, upper class men ask a freshman anything exceptional about him. He replies, "I'm an excellent swimmer and hope to compete in the 2004 Olympics. 

His nickname for the next 4 years and ONLY manner in which he was called out for in public: Greg LooseAnus.

with all due respect, Max, what did you expect? :-)

• Upvote 2

This is more like pleading Jester, but it's (the Schlick, not the man himself) just SIMPLY not as charismatic or motivating enough of an entity that will INSPIRE OTHER FANS TO ACTUALLY STAND UP AND CHEER. 

Maybe with time he can command it more, but thus far, it's stock I'm not buying. I'll still chant along, but he lacks that panache required in a leader of men. 

image.jpeg

Agree with the post completely I met him in person as well Fireman Ed he isn't. 

No one can replace Fireman Ed. 

And no one has to.

The whole facepaint/mardi gras beads thing, I dunno ... Maybe I'm just partial to Captain Jet. He's straight out of a comic book with his cape and green winged hat.

And, as far as I can tell, he isn't trying to be the new Fireman Ed. In fact, I have no idea who Captain Jet is or what he wants. True man of mystery. 

We arent the Raiders where people dress like halloween to go to games Scott needs to clean up his act lose the face paint and the beads if he wants to keep the helmet decorated so be it. Jets fans are regular hard working people with a passion for our team and football. 

Make up and beads not for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

And no one has to.

The whole facepaint/mardi gras beads thing, I dunno ... Maybe I'm just partial to Captain Jet. He's straight out of a comic book with his cape and green winged hat.

And, as far as I can tell, he isn't trying to be the new Fireman Ed. In fact, I have no idea who Captain Jet is or what he wants. True man of mystery. 

Has he ever led the chant? Always saw him sitting on his arse.

Agree with the post completely I met him in person as well Fireman Ed he isn't. 

Maybe this is sacrilege but I never cared for Fireman Ed.  I'm never a fan of the guy who tries to be "the fan" of a team.  It's amazing to me that the scoreboard showing "J E T S JETS JETS JETS" didn't work.  Then again the new stadium is so antiseptic that it almost doesn't surprise me.  Everything these days is all digital crap.  It makes me feel "removed" in a sense.  The NY Mets with the digital K's (instead of paper Ks in the K-Korner) as well is awful. 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...