Extend Fitz NOW

jgb

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember what happen after he got paid last time, no need for distractions. 

Forgive me but people making predictions for Fitz based on his "track record" are batting .000 this season

Not to mention the bigger distraction is wondering whether he will be here next year. Locking him down ELIMINATES distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving what fitz is doing truly do. But please remember your history, last time he had a good season (granted this is a career year) he received an extension and sh*t the bed

And until this year he "couldn't win more than 6 games" please see above post.

And until this year he "couldn't win more than 6 games" please see above post.

I agree... Just stating there is a happen stance to this that has been seen before. I hope for not and I like him and believe in him... Let the season end before signing him again but sign him

I agree... Just stating there is a happen stance to this that has been seen before. I hope for not and I like him and believe in him... Let the season end before signing him again but sign him

So let the season end but sign him... When his price can't be any lower and a bidding war is possible. I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. But willing to hear your side of course.

I will say this. Once you find a QB in this league, you HAVE to find a way to keep him. Otherwise, you are going back to the search

Not to mention we know there is a donkey behind Door #2

So let the season end but sign him... When his price can't be any lower and a bidding war is possible. I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. But willing to hear your side of course.

Not to mention we know there is a donkey behind Door #2

Just from the distraction point of view. Unless there is no negotiations it's a hand shake and over that's fine. I like the stride we have hit and would not want any outside factor to alter it.

Just from the distraction point of view. Unless there is no negotiations it's a hand shake and over that's fine. I like the stride we have hit and would not want any outside factor to alter it.

For all we know an offer has been made and rejected. It is of course possible that Fitz wants to use FA as leverage. It would surprise me. He seems like the perfect guy who would take a hometown discount rather than risk injury/going to another team where he's a JAG again. But all bets off once agents/lawyers get involved.

A deal requires two sides.

For all we know an offer has been made and rejected. It is of course possible that Fitz wants to use FA as leverage. A deal requires two sides.

I know, and like I said only from the distraction point of view would I like there to be a wait. If we don't hear about it, then less likely for a distraction. I hope it is done.

I know, and like I said only from the distraction point of view would I like there to be a wait. If we don't hear about it, then less likely for a distraction. I hope it is done.

Again, the uncertainty of whether he'll be back is more of a distraction. These guys love him and love playing with him.

Again, the uncertainty of whether he'll be back is more of a distraction. These guys love him and love playing with him.

I see your point and it's valid. And that's the reason why I want him to be resigned, great relationship with the team.

I see your point and it's valid. And that's the reason why I want him to be resigned, great relationship with the team.

Well odds are no deal before offseason, but I still would prefer they do it now.

Fitz and his agent will laugh at Jets if they offered $7-9 per year. Bradford is making $13 mil per and Foles $12.5.  Cutler, Kaep and Romo are making between $18 and $19 mill per.  Thats Fitz range now because of the dirth of quality QBs, $12 to $18 per. Thats the way salaries are now.

Yep, posters thinking that fitzy and his agent will take bottom $$  are not looking at the facts

Yep, posters thinking that fitzy and his agent will take bottom $$  are not looking at the facts

Gotta love Jets fans.

Position #1: Player A sucks

(Player A plays well)

Position #2: Player A wants to be paid!

Only Jets fans get upset when their players PLAY WELL.

Send a message. Team guys who turn franchises around get rewarded here. Some desperate owner WILL bid Fitz up if we let it go there. Right now the love at an all time high: on both sides. Get a deal done ASAP.

Fitz turned the Jets franchise around?

Did he win a division title? AFC Championship game? A Super Bowl!?

He barely beat the Pats JV squad.

I'm with you, reward the guy big time for accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Gotta love Jets fans.

Position #1: Player A sucks

(Player A plays well)

Position #2: Player A wants to be paid!

Only Jets fans get upset when their players PLAY WELL.

this isnt a charity, if he can leverage his pay into $50M then good for him.  Hometown discounts are really a myth or for a guy who is making $20M a yr and takes $18M. His agent will make sure he gets paid properly. He could become a cripple on his next play.

With the quality GM/HC we have in charge the magic can continue. Marshall and Decker are going nowhere too.

depends how long you think Marshall is going to play for. I really think he's the key to Fitz's success since he complements his style of play perfectly, if we can sign both for the next 2 years I'd be happy with keeping the status quo and adding more young talent through the draft

this isnt a charity, if he can leverage his pay into $50M then good for him.  Hometown discounts are really a myth or for a guy who is making $20M a yr and takes $18M. His agent will make sure he gets paid properly. He could become a cripple on his next play.

I agree it is largely a myth. The only "discount" is if you leverage an information advantage to pay a guy below market. The only way for that advantage to exist is before the guy can test his market value in FA. Of course, you're probably right and it's naive to think back door communications between agent and teams doesn't happen all the time, even concerning guys under contract ("I represent a hypothetical client who has 29 TDs and 12 INTs this year... what kind of contract would he be offered by you, if he indeed existed?")

he outplayed Brady for sure and pats were gifted a TD and the refs gifted them with 1 penaty call and they have worst OL in the history of the NFL

When you're headed for the rocks, the drunken sailor that falls onto the wheel is a hero

He's playing good football now. There was a patch where we were all down on him. Some were saying the season was over, and the even more down were saying to play Geno. Fitz can't think he is an elite qb all of a sudden. He'll get paid, but nowhere near top echelon money..and definitely not by us.

I really wish I didn't agree with you because I'm enjoying this postseason run, but as someone who's been very critical of fitz, the guy has been a professional and done his job at an acceptable level, which we haven't been able to say for a long time. The question is not whether fitz deserves to be extended, but if his success is a product of this team can we keep this unit together since the main target is an older free agent as well

I really wish I didn't agree with you because I'm enjoying this postseason run, but as someone who's been very critical of fitz, the guy has been a professional and done his job at an acceptable level, which we haven't been able to say for a long time. The question is not whether fitz deserves to be extended, but if his success is a product of this team can we keep this unit together since the main target is an older free agent as well

Fellow Jets brother. Looking at the Jets QB history objectively, are you really willing to risk losing a 29/12 QB because you are worried he might be "a product of this team?" I'd say that's an opinion we just can't afford to have. Respectfully, as always.

Or the guy who should be making $20MM but is getting paid half of that off the books through a shady medical business.

Or the guy who should be making $20MM but is getting paid half of that off the books through a shady medical business.

Couple years after he retires (to avoid suspicion) he will be signed to a lifetime gig with Pats for "services/appearances" which will basically be paying him back for taking half market value now. he will be the Pats' Bobby Bonilla... only with championships and a wife with a really spectacular ass.

Archived