The Crowd and Atmosphere Yesterday

Lot K Tailgaters

I have had Jets season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  When I was younger I didn't get to go to night games but besides that I've rarely missed a home game.  Yesterday's game was a top 5 home game experience (two home playoff games, Green Bay and Miracle at the Meadowlands were better).  Even with 15-20% Patriots fans I had not seen the crowd this pumped up in years.  In the parking lot and inside the stadium everyone was ready.  With fees to get a last row seat in the stadium you were paying $300 on SH. 

I know a few people who cherry pick, didn't want to pay those prices and are stick to their stomachs that they missed yesterday's game.

I have had Jets season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  When I was younger I didn't get to go to night games but besides that I've rarely missed a home game.  Yesterday's game was a top 5 home game experience (two home playoff games, Green Bay and Miracle at the Meadowlands were better).  Even with 15-20% Patriots fans I had not seen the crowd this pumped up in years.  In the parking lot and inside the stadium everyone was ready.  With fees to get a last row seat in the stadium you were paying $300 on SH. 

I know a few people who cherry pick, didn't want to pay those prices and are stick to their stomachs that they missed yesterday's game.

I agree, it was a great crowd...as I've been saying, a 65,000 seat stadium eliminates most of those Patriots fans, and there were at least 15,000-20,000 of them.

I do put it up there with the Green Bay game in '02.

Was at the Miracle game until the middle of the 3rd quarter.

My son (10 at the time) at 11:30 PM was asleep next to me, the Jets were down big, Miami's defense at that point gave up only 66 points the whole season and Vinnie couldn't throw it in the ocean.

I bailed and the game was still on TV and not even close to over after I got home 45 minutes later.  My two brothers stayed and got home at 3 AM.

$300 bucks :unsure:... I enjoyed it better on my couch with full assortment of food & drink & of course no line for the "clean" bathroom. :cool: 

If I didn't live in Florida I would have been there. And GLADLY paid the 3 bills. Nothing like being in the crowd for a big win.

It was arguably the best Jets crowd in Metlife history. 

I have some gripes with the way the stadium keeps the crowd into the games and the lack of Jets chants (which I also blame on the Gameday operations team and not Scott of Jetman), but overall it was a wonderful day. 

I hugged @JoeC36 yesterday  and probably 10-12 other people nearby.  Best part was everyone said they would be back next year.  If anyone is looking for cheap tickets and a fun section come to 347 next year.

347 was a blast this year. My buddy who came with me yesterday said several times "I love this section." Made me feel good. 

I have some gripes with the way the stadium keeps the crowd into the games and the lack of Jets chants (which I also blame on the Gameday operations team and not Scott of Jetman), but overall it was a wonderful day. 

They are still only putting them up for the chant after touchdowns it seems. But once people really start to realize where Scott and Jetman sit, I think they can control it more and more. People will react to them. Jetman is on the 50 behind the visitors bench.

Fireman Ed was really pumped up yesterday. He got up and ran down the section when the Patriots were backed up on about the ten yard line in front of his section.

Been to pretty much every game the past 10 years and that was the best crowd since the first Pats game of the Rex era and undoubtedly the best since Metlife opened. Probably surpassed the 09 Pats game now that I think about it. Incredible experience, just wish the douchebag Pat fans who were sitting behind me talking sh*t all game had stuck around a little longer after Decker's walk off so I could bid them a fond New York style farewell.

I thought the same thing at the stadium yesterday. A week after coming back from Dallas, and observing how they run the crowd there, which is what the AV operator is doing with music and video clips throughout the crowd, I noticed one instance in particular how the guy at Metlife just fell on his face. There was a huge play the Jets made in the beginning of the 3rd qtr, Revis' interception on the 20 in Jets territory, and the crowd went bananas as it was a huge momentum shifting play on Brady. While the crowd was still screaming and going nuts what did they throw up on all 4 video boards? That stupid promo with the children talking about not cursing and giving the number to report people for cursing. If you have been tot he stadium this year you know what video I am talking about, the "cute" one showing clips of kids acting up, etc. This is what they chose to play THE SECOND Revis got the int. The crowd cheers went from pretty deafening to nearly silent pretty quickly as this promo got shoehorned into the tv timeout and just sucked the energy out and left the crowd flat. I assume these promos are scheduled ahead of time, like "at the first possession change of the 3rd qtr" etc, but someone up there should have known better to follow up a huge momentum swinging play like that with something to keep the crowd engaged and not toss up a "hey be quiet and look at these cute little kids telling you know to use bad language" public announcement.

But in spite of this, the crowd and atmosphere was pretty good, even in the clubs, and at the end everyone was crazy.

347 was a blast this year. My buddy who came with me yesterday said several times "I love this section." Made me feel good. 

This year I had someone from section 103 come up to me, several people shake my hand saying thanks and the launch crew saying what a fun section we have and gave me those touch screen gloves.  Was definitely a great and fun year and everyone was into it. 

The fans in the stadium just need a routine.  In Shea and before Ed started chants in the lower tier there was not a video board.  The fans just knew the routines.  Just like in our section as soon as we get a first down everyone looks down and does a quick chant. 

Two sections over from us some guy kept leading chants to be louder than the Pats fans near him.  Only problem is that guy probably goes to 1-2 games a year and paid $200 for a ticket for the game and won't show up again until the middle of next season.  Need more season ticketholders and a routine. 

We need to get rid of all these promos like the waste management ball toss and use it as a time for the fans to get pumped up.

Either way this was by far the most fired up I've seen the fans ever in the new stadium.  Towels waving all game, fans screaming, the 12th man stepped it up yesterday.

if that 300 dollar thing is true, i seriously under-priced my club seats.  i think the buyer paid 350 for my club seats.   i couldn't go so i just listed them so they would sell quickly.  think they sold in 20 minutes. 

if that 300 dollar thing is true, i seriously under-priced my club seats.  i think the buyer paid 350 for my club seats.   i couldn't go so i just listed them so they would sell quickly.  think they sold in 20 minutes. 

A $242 ticket I believe cost $298 after fees and Saturday night that was the cheapest ticket I saw online for a row 26 upper level seat. 

i believe you.  i sold mine earlier in the week since i could not go.  i debated posting it here but i think you aren't allowed to sell above face value - and just wanted to not have to deal with it.

wish i could have gone to the game of course but had fun watching it at home with the kids.

A $242 ticket I believe cost $298 after fees and Saturday night that was the cheapest ticket I saw online for a row 26 upper level seat. 

i thought there was bunch of club seats for 375.  if your gonna pay 300 bucks for a ticket might as well spend a little bit more and go one level down.

but the club seats are terrible if you want to resell - but think most of the people don't care.

Game, crowd and experience were wonderful yesterday.  Very loud.  Lots of Pats fans as noted above, and had a bunch of them in my section near me.  They were vocal when they Pats did well but not obnoxious.  That said, was SO HAPPY they got to see a LOSS.  Thank you for coming!

I went to many games in 95/96 then have been to almost all home games since 98 (last year I missed a few due to work travel, but otherwise I usually make at least 9 games per year).  I think Lot K nails it with his comps.  My take on those - I was going with a friend the year they played Jax at home in the playoffs and he took his older bro to that game instead of me (which I understood).  So I didn't go, and immediately after that game I got on the waiting list and started buying single season tickets in case that situation ever arose again until I got tix in my name.  And then I was one of the many who left the Miracle at the Meadowlands game.  I experienced some of the comeback driving home and watched the end at home.  So I have to take that one off the table, too.

The GB then Indy experiences were incredible.  Different than yesterday, and the game itself yesterday was great.  So for me yesterday was in my top 3 Jets home experiences since 95.

I hugged @JoeC36 yesterday  and probably 10-12 other people nearby.  Best part was everyone said they would be back next year.  If anyone is looking for cheap tickets and a fun section come to 347 next year.

Maybe I will switch my 308 row 1 uppers over to there.  What row should I look for in the off season?

It was a great crowd yesterday.

Sect 245A was pretty loud and rowdy under the Pepsi screen. By the 3rd quarter even the 1 gamers understood that our section became STANDING ROOM ONLY on 2nd & 3rd Defensive Downs. 

Even on offense you heard motivational cheers to get the first down, Who's gonna make a play, and WE GOT THIS, 1sr down baby. The fans were supportive and didn't let themselves get down when the Pats tied it. 

245A KNEW WE WERE GOING TO WIN THE GAME, and we Repped and Cheered our beloved Jets to OT Victory!

thank you to all who came in person and CONTRIBUTED to the HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE WE KNEW WE COULD GIVE OUR JETS in a game of this magnitude. It was a HOME PLAYOFF game, and we DID OUR PART AS FANS. Thanks again to ALL JETS FANS who made one of the more, IF NOT THE MOST, memorable battles to have been played in that Stadium's short history 

Maybe I will switch my 308 row 1 uppers over to there.  What row should I look for in the off season?

it appears to me that rows 5,6,7 (1,2,3 in reality) are the three rows that have season ticket holders. Higher than that, it seems like a revolving door of everyone. Im in Row 7 and I cannot recall seeing the same people twice in row 8

I thought the same thing at the stadium yesterday. A week after coming back from Dallas, and observing how they run the crowd there, which is what the AV operator is doing with music and video clips throughout the crowd, I noticed one instance in particular how the guy at Metlife just fell on his face. There was a huge play the Jets made in the beginning of the 3rd qtr, Revis' interception on the 20 in Jets territory, and the crowd went bananas as it was a huge momentum shifting play on Brady. While the crowd was still screaming and going nuts what did they throw up on all 4 video boards? That stupid promo with the children talking about not cursing and giving the number to report people for cursing. If you have been tot he stadium this year you know what video I am talking about, the "cute" one showing clips of kids acting up, etc. This is what they chose to play THE SECOND Revis got the int. The crowd cheers went from pretty deafening to nearly silent pretty quickly as this promo got shoehorned into the tv timeout and just sucked the energy out and left the crowd flat. I assume these promos are scheduled ahead of time, like "at the first possession change of the 3rd qtr" etc, but someone up there should have known better to follow up a huge momentum swinging play like that with something to keep the crowd engaged and not toss up a "hey be quiet and look at these cute little kids telling you know to use bad language" public announcement.

But in spite of this, the crowd and atmosphere was pretty good, even in the clubs, and at the end everyone was crazy.

The way they run Metlife is a joke and enough of those stupid video board messages, tweets and useless selfies.  That crap sucks the life out of the crowd and also does not make them $$$ so why bother. 

it appears to me that rows 5,6,7 (1,2,3 in reality) are the three rows that have season ticket holders. Higher than that, it seems like a revolving door of everyone. Im in Row 7 and I cannot recall seeing the same people twice in row 8

Cool might just do that as I change my uppers every year. 

That section starts with row 5 (end zones start with row 5).  I'm row 5 seats 1-3 on the aisle next to 346.  Try to get a row close to that on the aisle next to 346.  Only downside is on occasion there are opposing team groups in 346 but only once or twice a season.  Tickets are only $65 and 346 across the aisle is $85 so it's a good deal. 

The only games in the last 20 years that were close to yesterday in terms of wildness of the crowd:

1. 98 playoff game

2. 41-0

3. GB in 02

4. Pats home opener 2009

I only we could bottle that for every game and have teams scared to play here because they are playing against the crowd as well

i thought there was bunch of club seats for 375.  if your gonna pay 300 bucks for a ticket might as well spend a little bit more and go one level down.

but the club seats are terrible if you want to resell - but think most of the people don't care.

The club seats are a great value on SH since most of the time they don't sell for face.

Archived