Anthony Dixon: But to send them home packing -- that would be great.

pointman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611057/article/boobie-dixon-playing-jets-spoiler-is-our-super-bowl

Boobie Dixon: Playing Jets' spoiler is our 'Super Bowl'

The New York Jets26-20 victory over the New England Patriots, coupled with a Pittsburgh Steelers'20-17 loss to the Ravens, gives Gang Green a win-and-in playoff scenario in Week 17.

0ap3000000597222.jpg

That matchup pits the Jets against their old coach, Rex Ryan, and the Buffalo Bills. While Ryan downplayed the game following Buffalo's victory over the Cowboys on Sunday -- saying he wished his team could be playing for more than just spoiler -- some Billsplayers took the opposite approach.

"We got something to play for now," running back Boobie Dixon said, via ESPN.com. "We been having something to play for -- that's our respect and our pride. We always want that. But to send them home packing -- that would be great.

"We're not going to the playoffs, so the Super Bowl is next week for us. I know we're gonna have a lot of guys jacked. We already know what's on the line."

The Bills defeated the Jets 22-17 in their first matchup of the season on Nov. 13 at MetLife Stadium.

For a team with postseason aspirations entering the season, finding solace in beating your head coach's former team is a bitter cup of tea. But at least it's something to drink.

For men who play a violent game, adding any meaning to a lost season is beneficial.

On the other side, Jets players, like safety Calvin Pryor, are looking forward to facing Ryan with the playoffs on the line.

"Can't wait. Bart Scott voice," Pryor said.

I appreciate what Rex did for the Jets and the 2 AFC championship games, and although it was time to move on, I was worried about who we would find to replace him (remember how well replacing Mike T went), but I am so glad that the Jets went in this direction.  This is a perfect example of why we are better.  It isn't even Rex being a blow-hard in the media about this as he has toned it down so far about the Jets game, but listen to his players.

You don't hear the Jets talking about the Pats game as their super bowl.  Hyping it up in order to win.  They just quietly went about their business.  Marshall said that he was hoping that the celebration on the sideline would not be like wining the super bowl as it was just a game.  Clearly, the Pats were the monkey on the jets back, but you didn't hear them yapping about it all week.

I have no problem with these players making the game more than just a last week's paycheck and trying to get motivated to beat the Jets; although it should always about playing hard and striving for the win, I can see some satisfaction from beating the Jets and why they want the extra motivation, but do it quietly.

Fitz said when the got the ball in OT they knew they were going to win.  Quiet self confidence. Don't go telling everyone you are going to win for your coach, just win for your coach.  And although it is way more subdued than it was with Bart and Rex, the Bills are doing the same old unwarranted swagger and media hype.  Here is a thought, shut your trap, beat that Jets and then start talking.  Just a thought.

We have no chance. On offense, we'll be without McCoy, Clay, our starting RG and RT, our #2 WR in Woods and our best special teams WR Easley. 

On defense, it's even worse. No Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, Bradham (LB), Gilmore, Darby, and maybe Dareus. 

It's probably gonna be pretty ugly, the talent just isn't there at this point. 

We have no chance. On offense, we'll be without McCoy, Clay, our starting RG and RT, our #2 WR in Woods and our best special teams WR Easley. 

On defense, it's even worse. No Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, Bradham (LB), Gilmore, Darby, and maybe Dareus. 

It's probably gonna be pretty ugly, the talent just isn't there at this point. 

You left out one important factor

You have Rex

Archived