Fitzy In Inclimate Weather

Simijet

With a forecast of snow showers for Sunday, I was wondering if any of you has seen how Fitzpatrick handles cold, wet weather.  I feel the Jets are definitely the better team, but I also know that snow can be the great equalizer, and am hoping it won't take away the passing game too much.  Anyone thoughts???

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 2nd best season of his career came in Buffalo in 2012, where he had 3 solid seasons. So I can't imagine the cold/bad weather is a huge problem for him. I know our resident Bills fans have stated he struggles late in seasons, but who knows if that will translate to Sunday.

Let's run the ball down their throats anyways; we're due for a big day on the ground. Even if Powell and Ivory are both banged up....

Well the 2nd best season of his career came in Buffalo in 2012, where he had 3 solid seasons. So I can't imagine the cold/bad weather is a huge problem for him. I know our resident Bills fans have stated he struggles late in seasons, but who knows if that will translate to Sunday.

Let's run the ball down their throats anyways; we're due for a big day on the ground. Even if Powell and Ivory are both banged up....

I disagree, we should do the same thing we have been doing these past five games. If it's not broke don't fix it. We have been airing it out well. We need to play aggressive and beat the little fight out that buffalo does have. If we can keep Fitz hot and throwing 3 TD's a game riding into the playoffs it will help out chances of hanging in there with teams. 

33 degress and snow showers in Buffalo on Jan 3 2016 is hardly 'inclimate weather'.  More like a day at the beach for Buffalonians. 

Here Here!!

Having lived in Buffalo and having shoveled my neighbors out of snow storms on many occasions, this current forecast would be an insult to most in Western New York as being bad "weather".  

Fitz used to drive us crazy because he was known to play 3 great quarters but then throw the horrible interception at the end of the game that sealed our fate. Intellectually he was and still is one of the best QB's in the game but his arm was the issue and that's why I never figured he would be anything more than a journeyman in this league. That was clearly evident late in games when he had to bring the offense back with limited time on the clock and it required him to throw deeper passes. This was always a recipe for disaster with Fitz in Buffalo... in any weather. And then I saw him do this in Tennessee and in Houston and I expected him to do the same thing on the Jets because it became a reputation at that point, but I'll be the first to admit his game has improved this season and I think having Decker & Marshall certainly helps. They can fight for the ball and essentially bail him out a lot of the time and turn it into a great positive play.

Also helps that he's not having to force throws to meh NFL receivers because his defense is atrocious.

I disagree, we should do the same thing we have been doing these past five games. If it's not broke don't fix it. We have been airing it out well. We need to play aggressive and beat the little fight out that buffalo does have. If we can keep Fitz hot and throwing 3 TD's a game riding into the playoffs it will help out chances of hanging in there with teams. 

If it's not broke don't fitz it!

Fitz used to drive us crazy because he was known to play 3 great quarters but then throw the horrible interception at the end of the game that sealed our fate. Intellectually he was and still is one of the best QB's in the game but his arm was the issue and that's why I never figured he would be anything more than a journeyman in this league. That was clearly evident late in games when he had to bring the offense back with limited time on the clock and it required him to throw deeper passes. This was always a recipe for disaster with Fitz in Buffalo... in any weather. And then I saw him do this in Tennessee and in Houston and I expected him to do the same thing on the Jets because it became a reputation at that point, but I'll be the first to admit his game has improved this season and I think having Decker & Marshall certainly helps. They can fight for the ball and essentially bail him out a lot of the time and turn it into a great positive play.

So... 50-50 balls?

Actually the forecast is not for inclement weather as per accuweather:

35 degrees with a couple of snow showers. That doesn't sound terrible for a January day in Buffalo.

not sure I remember correctly ... What's the freezing point of water? ;)

Agree 100% Keep being aggressive, especially with Dareus and Mario scheduled to play but Gilmore out. Right off the bat I'd call a slant play to Decker or Marshall to set the tone of this game!!

Buffalo will want to make Fitz win this game and that is exactly what he will do.

He gets the Jets single season TD record(currently tied) and the yards passing record (283 yards IIRC)

If he gets these records and Ivory/Powell can run for 100+ and a 1+ TD we'll win this game 30-17.

With Gilmore(#1 CB) out... Marshall/Decker/"Q" dominate.

This from Bowles job interview with Jets(Kelly's post)

(Casserly)"And then I asked him to give me a speech he would make to the Jets when he took over the team.“He went in there and said, ‘All right men, we’re going to throw the ball 27 times in the first half, and we’re not going to throw it at all in the second half.’ The point is he was giving a vision of what he wanted with the team. This is how we’re going to operate.”  That say's it all!

Agreeeeeeeed!

I just hope this forum says he will definitely be bad in bad weather. And bring up numerous stats. So Fitz can make everyone like silly like he has all year. 

Yes, remember how his "bad record" against the Pats was told to us? So much for that BS.

yes.  A recipe for disaster would be a conservative "ground and pound" game plan. If it's not too windy, Jets need to play on offense with a sense of urgency and attack.  Limit the negative plays where the Ivory run is telegraphed.  Mix it up...obviously...but Id lead with the pass...given acceptable weather.  Get Powell involved as much as possible...if he's ok to go. The man has been dynamite.

He's always been a smart guy who didn't necessarily play smart on the field. Don't know if the light has finally gone off for him, or if Marshall and Decker is the difference, but he's playing much smarter this year than he ever has in his career. Especially since the first two games after he broke his thumb. He's been playing out of his mind during this winning streak. 

Neither he nor Marshall have ever been to the playoffs. Thinking they really want to change that on Sunday. 

With a forecast of snow showers for Sunday, I was wondering if any of you has seen how Fitzpatrick handles cold, wet weather.  I feel the Jets are definitely the better team, but I also know that snow can be the great equalizer, and am hoping it won't take away the passing game too much.  Anyone thoughts???

The defense will step up and keep the game close and Fitzy will not make the crucial mistake, but will instead make the big play. I am excited about this opportunity, but don't feel overconfident either. I trust in Fitz and that faith has gotten the Jets to 10 wins and will get them to 11.

I would think given his history in Buffalo the better question is over Tyrods history in cold, wet, snowy weather.  

Actually the forecast is not for inclement weather as per accuweather:

35 degrees with a couple of snow showers. That doesn't sound terrible for a January day in Buffalo.

Inclement weather in Buffalo in early January is...... -15 degrees 3 feet of snow and winds of 35 mph.  Terrible weather is 25 feet of snow, - 35 and your lips getting stuck together if you try to talk. Fitzy will be in short sleeves this Sunday doing his impersonation of Aaron Rodgers' discount double check while he riddles Rex's wabbitts.

Archived