Fitzmagic Speaks

Maxman

He's arguing with no one.  It's like a mental patient swatting at an imaginary fly. 

He and 80 should curl up and console each other about all the supposed "Geno sniffers" (whatever that is) that are ruining their good time.

Irony lost on this one too. Arguing with no one... Except the people responding and arguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cant get the idea that constantly talking about Geno is what this guys entire time here is about.  Football?  Fitz?  Bowles?  Marshall?  Nah, why talk about all the things we have to be happy with.  Lets b1tch and moan about Geno, fans who wanted to see what he could do in the past and imaginary things that he believes might be said if Fitz fails.  

Someone tell the fool theres only a game left, if Fitz flops, there are no games left to call for Geno to play.  Wake him up and tell him its week 17

I cant help but think he hope Fitz fails and fans call for Fitzs head so he has people to argue with.

For someone who doesn't like to talk about Geno you sure swoop in whenever he is mentioned and then... Mention him a bunch more

Fitzpatrick isn't content to break Namath, Testeverde, and O'Brien's records??? He's coming for Cromartie's too?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... Well said!

love the "we won't be roasting marshmallows " comment from Fitz!

God his wife is H O T ... But in that, I just had my 18th birthday sort of way

Cant get the idea that constantly talking about Geno is what this guys entire time here is about.  Football?  Fitz?  Bowles?  Marshall?  Nah, why talk about all the things we have to be happy with.  Lets b1tch and moan about Geno, fans who wanted to see what he could do in the past and imaginary things that he believes might be said if Fitz fails.  

Someone tell the fool theres only a game left, if Fitz flops, there are no games left to call for Geno to play.  Wake him up and tell him its week 17

I cant help but think he hope Fitz fails and fans call for Fitzs head so he has people to argue with.

I agree, at this point there is nothing to talk about about Geno Smith.

After all, you surely agree with me Nut that Geno Smith will not be a Jet in 2016, and will not be given any chance to start in the NFL elsewhere in 2016, right?

Dude you are the one with the problem and it's clear to most posters around here. I liked Fitz from the start and glad he took the QB job, and there's no doubt it was time for Rex to be gone. But most people don't obsess over this. 

Also, how many threads are started around here about Cmart, Gast, etc. especially compared to Rex and Geno? Not only that, but it seems like half the threads are hijacked and turned into a Rex/Geno thread. That's pretty pathetic. 

If you want to argue about that, how bad is it that Jeanie the Bills fan points out that there are more Rex bashing threads than ones about our winning streak and playoff chances? That's pretty telling. 

most people don't obsess over this. and most people are morons. to wit: geniuses obsess over this. thank you.

After all, you surely agree with me Nut that Geno Smith will not be a Jet in 2016, and will not be given any chance to start in the NFL elsewhere in 2016, right?

The only Geno post he didn't scramble to respond to. I think you have your answer, War lol

I don't know if he'll ever get a chance to start somewhere, never thought the equally bad Sanchez would start again, but he'll probably be gone and is never going to be given a starting job here. 

I don't know if he'll ever get a chance to start somewhere, never thought the equally bad Sanchez would start again, but he'll probably be gone and is never going to be given a starting job here. 

do any of use truly know what the organization really thinks of Geno or Petty. Both were seen as projects coming out just how far each has progressed is an unknown. With both on rookie contracts both from a talent and cap perspective might both bee seen as preseason options and one a training camp roster cut.

do any of use truly know what the organization really thinks of Geno or Petty. Both were seen as projects coming out just how far each has progressed is an unknown. With both on rookie contracts both from a talent and cap perspective might both bee seen as preseason options and one a training camp roster cut.

I agree, we don't really know a thing.  Geno never got to show he was worth holding onto or needs to be dumped.  I've said it before and still believe we wont know until they make a decision on what they're doing with Geno.  If Geno is gone we know they've given up on him.  If they draft a QB it could mean they're not as high as fans are with Petty or it could mean they're looking for his eventual backup, we wont know for some time.   It should start to come into focus in the offseason though

Irony is lost on this one. Here is the difference; Geno haters were CORRECT. The sniffers were not. That makes us accurate and YOU obsessed.

No, it makes you the lame poster imagining and creating Geno sniffers, whatever that nonsense is.  There are a couple of fans who still want to see Geno but theyre in the the extreme minority, arent more than a couple here.

They in no way are the reason a child like constant rant about Geno is required by anyone.  

The true child is the fool who somehow is trying to make me obsessed with Geno for telling you to STFU turning every Fitz looks great thread into Geno sucks.  Your posts suck more.

There is no irony.  Youre not deep enough to grasp irony.  

I agree, we don't really know a thing.  Geno never got to show he was worth holding onto or needs to be dumped.  I've said it before and still believe we wont know until they make a decision on what they're doing with Geno.  If Geno is gone we know they've given up on him.  If they draft a QB it could mean they're not as high as fans are with Petty or it could mean they're looking for his eventual backup, we wont know for some time.   It should start to come into focus in the offseason though

how do we not know? He could never get past 1st progression without panic and scrambling. he doesnt know schemes and cant go thru progressions? What were u looking at. I dont care if he had 5 all pro WRs and OJ Simpson, if u cant get past 1st progression and not know where 2nd or 3rd WR is, then u have a dumb QB. He only looked good at end of year in games we were eliminated from playoffs making him also a ' I cant handle pressure' QB. Nothing will ever change fact it was obvious he couldnt get thru the route tree without scrambling too fast.. In NFL its about knowing playbook, knowing exactly where all WRs are on route tree and no panic.

Having said that, no one has perfect skill set and todays high winds might not fit in Fitz's skillset real nice. :( Geno has a arm to cut thru wind but only if primary WR is open on every route ;)

how do we not know? He could never get past 1st progression without panic and scrambling. he doesnt know schemes and cant go thru progressions? What were u looking at. I dont care if he had 5 all pro WRs and OJ Simpson, if u cant get past 1st progression and not know where 2nd or 3rd WR is, then u have a dumb QB. He only looked good at end of year in games we were eliminated from playoffs making him also a ' I cant handle pressure' QB. Nothing will ever change fact it was obvious he couldnt get thru the route tree without scrambling too fast.. In NFL its about knowing playbook, knowing exactly where all WRs are on route tree and no panic.

Having said that, no one has perfect skill set and todays high winds might not fit in Fitz's skillset real nice.  Geno has a arm to cut thru wind but only if primary WR is open on every route

The refusal to let go of Geno is even more nonsensical that the Brooks Bollinger "phenomenon."

Everyone on this message board has more commitment to the Jets than Geno.

Ever buy a pair of shoes and later go, "What the F was I thinking?" 

Well, that's Geno. However, he's probably better than anything Cleveland or SF has. 

He was a worthwhile gamble in the 2nd. That does not excuse waiting too long to admit what everyone objectively knows: in short, he sucks. But a dissertation could be written explaining why.

You kind of missed the whole, entire point of what I said.

No, it makes you the lame poster imagining and creating Geno sniffers, whatever that nonsense is.  There are a couple of fans who still want to see Geno but theyre in the the extreme minority, arent more than a couple here.

They in no way are the reason a child like constant rant about Geno is required by anyone.  

The true child is the fool who somehow is trying to make me obsessed with Geno for telling you to STFU turning every Fitz looks great thread into Geno sucks.  Your posts suck more.

There is no irony.  Youre not deep enough to grasp irony.  

Its hard to be this clueless on your own.  You have to try to be this lost.  

And need to look for backup

Good thing only the "Geno haters" only ever talk about Geno.

It sounds like Slats is still playing the Geno card..  

All I will say is 'Make Jets Great Again' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like Slats is still playing the Geno card..  

All I will say is 'Make Jets Great Again' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sensitive and fragile ego. They desperately want to leave themselves an out if Geno somehow some way is ever not terrible. Irony is the ones who withhold praise from Fitzpatrick would be on the most absurd victory lap of all time if Geno was playing EXACTLY THE SAME BALL right now.

Sensitive and fragile ego. They desperately want to leave themselves an out if Geno somehow some way is ever not terrible. Irony is the ones who withhold praise from Fitzpatrick would be on the most absurd victory lap of all time if Geno was playing EXACTLY THE SAME BALL right now.

Even if we lose today in heavy winds, I dont see how any Jet fan couldnt at least bow to a great year Fitz is having, whether you think he is great of long term answer. 2016 he has been lights out

Even if we lose today in heavy winds, I dont see how any Jet fan couldnt at least bow to a great year Fitz is having, whether you think he is great of long term answer. 2016 he has been lights out

Those who care more about jets than their "cred" on a dumb Internet discussion agree with you. Maybe that's why they love Geno. He doesn't let any fool step to him! Gotta defend your street cred!!

Those who care more about jets than their "cred" on a dumb Internet discussion agree with you. Maybe that's why they love Geno. He doesn't let any fool step to him! Gotta defend your street cred!!

Those into 'street cred' usually end up in jail or with a broken jaw ;)

Those into 'street cred' usually end up in jail or with a broken jaw

After he ran from draft then canned his agent we knew we were dealing with a guy who is as mentally durable as a wet tissue. Still not a stupid gamble in 2nd but come on what other evidence is needed? Inspector clousseau could solve this one

After he ran from draft then canned his agent we knew we were dealing with a guy who is as mentally durable as a wet tissue. Still not a stupid gamble in 2nd but come on what other evidence is needed? Inspector clousseau could solve this one

If I recall NFL advisers had him graded as a project coming out. Todd and Mel boost QB stock and his agent sold him a bill of goods. 

If I recall NFL advisers had him graded as a project coming out. Todd and Mel boost QB stock and his agent sold him a bill of goods. 

It's never Genos fault. I was sold bill of goods. My watch broke. IK was being a jerk.

I don't know. On paper it makes sense to at least keep the guy on until we have to make cuts towards the end of preseason next summer, but the guy is just such a cancer to the locker room and every time he's on the field. Unless he comes in with an entirely new attitude and looks fantastic, which I'm not sure a person like him is capable of, I think there's a legit shot they just cut ties with him.

The Jets need to be the definition of cutthroat with this position over the next two years. Keep using picks until you find one with the goods. No more fluffing kids and sacrificing multiple seasons in the hopes that the light will finally come on for another idiot. Six years of that sh*t was enough for a lifetime.

If that's true, they'll dump him. We don't if that's true, though. Really haven't heard a word about Geno -good or bad- in a long time. Don't recall any reactions after Fitzpatrick got hurt but he stayed on the bench, and that's where we really would've heard something, I'd think. That had to be disappointing. 

I think for him next year, it comes down a lot to how they feel about Petty. If they like the Petty project, but want to keep hm off the field for another year, Geno makes sense as the backup to Fitz. He's experienced, inexpensive, and knows the system and team. Dumping him for a more expensive experienced veteran who'd have to learn this system doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless, of course, he is that cancer in the locker room. The Jets have enough cap issues next year without throwing another million or two at the backup QB position. 

If they're not nearly sold on Petty as the QB of the future, then they probably draft another QB higher than the fourth round, and Geno is gone. 

Another way Geno is gone is if he asks to be traded or released, which is another real possibility. After the locker room's reaction to his getting his face broken, maybe that's not where he wants to go to work everyday. 

I'd probably put it around 60-40 that he's gone, but it's no done deal, IMO. 

Having said that, no one has perfect skill set and todays high winds might not fit in Fitz's skillset real nice. :( Geno has a arm to cut thru wind but only if primary WR is open on every route ;)

Tumblr_mi6oupaTWc1r5ycsjo1_400.gif

We were talking about will he be dumped.  I said given that they never saw him, he never got a chance to show that he can play with this team, so they will dump him.  

Im not making an argument to keep him.  Just without a chance to prove anything hes gone.  

Good thing only the "Geno haters" only ever talk about Geno.

You just cant stop posting about him.  You're just a troll at this point.  Look up, you're a one trick pony that everyone knows is obsessed with Geno.  Never talk about the team, the good things in 2015, just Geno.  You're one of those idiotic "fans" who rips players on your team, fans and negative imaginary scenarios that may or may not materialize anywhere other than your head.

Fun to watch you make a complete ass out of yourself though

You just cant stop posting about him.  You're just a troll at this point.  Look up, you're a on trick pony.  Fun to watch you make a complete ass out of yourself though

Your appetite for bait is literally insatiable

Archived