" Jets hit paydirt with Todd Bowles/Mike Maccagnan tandem " ~ ~ ~

kelly

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get sick to my stomach as the worst case scenario is coming to fruition.  The Jets are not as awful as people thought thus Bowles is being hoisted on shoulders and rose petals are being tossed at his feet and suddenly he is a good coach that needs to be here for the rebuild.

For Kellys benefit.....

landscape-1473245949-sheldon-hyperventil

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm starting to get sick to my stomach as the worst case scenario is coming to fruition.  The Jets are not as awful as people thought thus Bowles is being hoisted on shoulders and rose petals are being tossed at his feet and suddenly he is a good coach that needs to be here for the rebuild.

For Kellys benefit.....

Penny-The-Big-Bang-Theory-s3e19.gif

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

fanning-self-gif-20.gif

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For Kellys benefit.....

If you want Morton gone, go ahead

Mike Sando

Jets' most impactful offseason move

Josh McCown is one reason the Jets have surprised with a 4-5 record this season, even though the better he plays the tougher it'll be for the Jets to draft their next QB.

>    http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/21330838/nfl-most-impactful-offseason-move-all-32-teams

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

"We did try to move up in the draft and thought we had something put together but it didn't end up coming to fruition.  We are very happy getting {insert jag QBs name here} in the 2nd round however.  We had him rated much  higher on our board."

And if 2nd round QB turns out to be good, no one will care. He just needs to draft a guy that will be good. 

• Rich CiminiESPN  Staff Writer

FaceboLOS ANGELES -- A look at what's happening around the New York Jets :

1. Mac in the house : The Jets' top talent evaluators spent the bye weekend in La La Land, checking out the Sam Darnold-Josh Rosen showdown Saturday night at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

General manager Mike Maccagnan, vice president of personnel Brian Heimerdinger and area scout Brian Shields were among 30 NFL types at the USC-UCLA rivalry game. Unofficially, the Jets and Cleveland Browns had the most representatives among the 20 teams in attendance.

Read into that what you choose. Clearly, the Jets are in the market for a quarterback; Darnold and Rosen could be top-five picks if they declare for the draft.A couple of takeaways on Maccagnan: He's a copious note-taker. During the pregame warm-ups, he jotted observations into a notebook as he watched from the sideline. His peers were there, too, but I didn't see any others taking notes. (For what it's worth, he spent most of the time on the UCLA side.)

Maccagnan was all business. He chatted briefly on the field with New York Giants GM Jerry Reese, but that was the extent of his socializing.Interestingly, Maccagnan didn't watch the game from the press box. He watched from the stands, behind one of the benches. Some evaluators prefer that perspective because it puts them closer to the action. It allows them to observe nuances they can't see from high above or later on a game tape -- i.e., how players interact with teammates on the bench. (For the Giants fans: Reese stayed in the press box.)

As for the two quarterbacks, Rosen outplayed Darnold, impressing scouts with his arm talent. Both players made a couple of crucial errors in scoring territory, but they also made NFL-caliber plays in USC's 28-23 victory.

rest of above article : 

>     http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/72943/jets-gm-gets-a-very-up-close-look-at-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived