• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Todd Bowles gave QB Christian Hackenberg the ultimate lukewarm evaluation. Asked where Hackenberg stands in the Jets' crowded quarterback room, Bowles said: "He's a quarterback on our team. Everybody is subject to competition, earning a job or not earning a job. Christian is on our team. Regardless of who we bring in or how we bring them in, the competition has to be there for everybody." The message is clear: The scholarship has expired.

>       http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Can you please start a new thread next time for once ?? so we don’t have to see this god awful ridiculous title EVER again ? 

3F0ADCA4-2FE0-4EED-8856-7D128375DA9F.gif

Kelly is a traditionalist. Better to just get over it. And to tell the truth....Everyone should have known the very moment they read such an outlandish claim that it was guff.

1 hour ago, Jetscreen said:

Kelly is a traditionalist. Better to just get over it. And to tell the truth....Everyone should have known the very moment they read such an outlandish claim that it was guff.

" ..traditionalist.. " ? ?.. ugghhh...  Traditionalists+%E2%80%93+Who+Are+They.j

..i'm 27   :unsure:

On 4/4/2018 at 1:31 PM, kelly said:

" ..traditionalist.. " ? ?.. ugghhh...  Traditionalists+%E2%80%93+Who+Are+They.j

..i'm 27   :unsure:

I never said you were a crotchety old man? You're still a hottie. Just a traditionalist in the sense that you prefer to post in the same thread. Your Geritol does wonders for you!!!!

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Every time I see this thread title rise back to the surface, I find myself annoyed.

Paydirt my ass.

If you acknowledge that Bowles is the worst HC in the AFC East, and possibly the entire league coupled with an analysis of the "GM's" decisions being more in line with protecting his job first and foremost ahead of future success of the Organization which would have required much greater risk to himself than remove this thread title.  Also, Maccagnan is near or at the bottom of the league in his capacity.  His roster, 3 years later, supports that contention.

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If you acknowledge that Bowles is the worst HC in the AFC East, and possibly the entire league coupled with an analysis of the "GM's" decisions being more in line with protecting his job first and foremost ahead of future success of the Organization which would have required much greater risk to himself than remove this thread title.  Also, Maccagnan is near or at the bottom of the league in his capacity.  His roster, 3 years later, supports that contention.

IMO, this is a very fair analysis of the front office. I cannot for the life of me see why so many posters still protect him like you're insulting their girlfriend when you dump on the front office.

18 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Oh but the first three years wasn't a "real" rebuild so he gets a mulligan. And Bowles hasn't had the weapz. Or a seminar on clock management.

13 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

IMO, this is a very fair analysis of the front office. I cannot for the life of me see why so many posters still protect him like you're insulting their girlfriend when you dump on the front office.

Some fans will never condemn a player/coach/executive unless they fail under "ideal circumstances." Otherwise, the environment, misfortune, lack of this or that, or "woody" is always the excuse.

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

Every time I see this thread title rise back to the surface, I find myself annoyed.

Paydirt my ass.

Just tired of the Jets see saw of overcorrection. Jackie-Chileseque Herm to Tight-Sphinctered Mangini to Fat Drunk Uncle Rex to Comatose Bowles.

How about someone who is a balance of personality traits rather than a Simpsons character next time?

Archived