kelly

" Jets hit paydirt with Todd Bowles/Mike Maccagnan tandem " ~ ~ ~

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Let's pump the brakes here, I want to see how Bowles and company perform next year. The schedule will be a lot harder and they have really exceeded expectations this year. If they keep this up in the sophomore year, then I'll jump on the wagon. 

16 mill for a cb, 39 mill guaranteed. That contract is just absurd. He's a great corner - best I've ever seen in his prime but he is getting older, has lost a step and had a serious injury.  That's too much money at his position at this stage of his career.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to spend it.  And to assume someone would have paid him as much as we did is pure conjecture. If he was really loyal and homesick as he played out to be, he would have never left in the first place.   Revis played the Jets Again BUT its a business. Harris is slow as molasses. He's been a loyal Jet and I guess he deserves to be paid but he has no business being on the field on passing downs.  There are plenty of good cover LB's in this league.  Watch closer.         

three years is all they're on the hook for if he falls off or if they need cap relief. 

Again, fans get all crazy over numbers.  And yes, you have to spend money.  And you're right, i don't know that someone would have signed him.  But you're doing the same thing saying no one would have signed him.  and we all know the chances were much better that he would have been signed.  

The best is the constant mocking of Harris.  I'll ask, list all the LBs in football who are built and counted on to be in pass coverage.  You said plenty.  Don't know how to say this other than every single OC in the NFL schemes ways to get their WR or receiving RB into man coverage by a LB.  it's a QBs wet dream.  Why?  There isn't a LB alive who has WR or RB speed.  You watch close

Let's pump the brakes here, I want to see how Bowles and company perform next year. The schedule will be a lot harder and they have really exceeded expectations this year. If they keep this up in the sophomore year, then I'll jump on the wagon. 

That is very much the voice of reason right there.

It's pretty clear that Maccagnan is a good GM.  He understands that you have to bring in and invest in impact players (Marshall, Revis), but also understands how important draft picks are (he got a fifth round pick back in the Mauldin trade).  

Tannenbaum understood that you had to bring in impact players, but the roster was thin because of the way he traded draft picks.  Idzik didn't want to spend on big time players.  He wanted to find bargains with upside (Chris Johnson, Dimitri Patterson, etc.).  

It's pretty clear that Maccagnan is a good GM.  He understands that you have to bring in and invest in impact players (Marshall, Revis), but also understands how important draft picks are (he got a fifth round pick back in the Mauldin trade).  

Tannenbaum understood that you had to bring in impact players, but the roster was thin because of the way he traded draft picks.  Idzik didn't want to spend on big time players.  He wanted to find bargains with upside (Chris Johnson, Dimitri Patterson, etc.).  

This is basically the sports as male soap opera perspective. All of these decisions can be framed from an organizational standpoint, specifically the Jets' comical propensity for overreacting to short-term variance, rather than word vomiting about what certain individuals do and don't want or understand. We've basically been doing the pendulum thing for a decade running. We basically stood pat in 2007 after the fluky playoff berth in 2006. When that turned out predictably we went drunken sailor in 2008. Favre made us think we were a quarterback away and 2009 may have been the closest we came to having the right idea, but we sure got the wrong quarterback. The next couple of offseasons reflect a baffling inability or stubborn refusal to recognize that. Then we entered the dreaded try not to get fired phase which ended, as it always does, with firings. 2013 wasn't as bad as anybody expected given the shift from profligacy to austerity (which had as much to do with roster composition as it did with management philosophy), so when 2014 went basically how it was always gonna go we mashed the reset button. Our team is dumb. You kind of just have to accept that.

So true, if you don't join the circle jerk and drink the green kool aid you should be banned.

a TRUE circle jerk is the young NE crowd, say 40 and under.  You absolutely know who I refer to...  They are the worst football fans in the league by far. 

a TRUE circle jerk is the young NE crowd, say 40 and under.  You absolutely know who I refer to...  They are the worst football fans in the league by far. 

At least Tex paid his dues during the bad days with the Pats..:)

You know I totally agree with you cpa, right?

You know I totally agree with you cpa, right?

I'm not sure you do but a reasonable PATS fan over forty knows I'm right.   

They could tell the difference between Andre Tippet and  Tony Eason. 

Trust me, I totally agree with you even though I'm a 29-year old Pats fan.