Rex, still had nothing to do with the roster, but yea...

Integrity28

Rex "jumped on table" to draft IK, who has 10 tackles, 0 sacks this yr. Publicly admitted he lobbied for Tahj Boyd, who is in CFL now.

Didn't have anything publicly nice to say about Enunwa or Reilly though, both of whom are substantially better than IK or Boyd. Hm.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex "jumped on table" to draft IK, who has 10 tackles, 0 sacks this yr. Publicly admitted he lobbied for Tahj Boyd, who is in CFL now.

Didn't have anything publicly nice to say about Enunwa or Reilly though, both of whom are substantially better than IK or Boyd. Hm.

Sixth and seventh round picks. Big story. 

Also, no one ever said Rex had no say in the draft/with the roster. 

When will the day come when Rex's name will no longer be mentioned on this message board

We still talk about Parcels and Namath; we still talk about Mangini and Mike T.  My guess is that you have a long wait.  Sorry.

We are likely to move on from Geno this year too; so get used to that as well; we will still have threads discussing Geno vs. Sanchez and Geno vs. Fitz.

We still talk about Parcels and Namath; we still talk about Mangini and Mike T.  My guess is that you have a long wait.  Sorry.

We are likely to move on from Geno this year too; so get used to that as well; we will still have threads discussing Geno vs. Sanchez and Geno vs. Fitz.

None of them told us all FU after beating us. 

When will the day come when Rex's name will no longer be mentioned on this message board

Never.  Even if and when we become perennial contenders.  Rex, Herm, Joe Must Go, the Fake Spike, the mud bowl, butt fumble, etc. will always be brought up on these boards.

I just can't wait until we are so successful that they are just "remember when" stories.

Sick and tired of reading the has been that never was name here. This is a NY Jets message board not a Rex Ryan I miss you blog. 

Agreed.

I also motion that we never again mention Kotite, Mangini, Herm, or any former Jets head coach. Ewbank? More like, Whobank. Is he a current coach on the Jets? No? Well, then who gives a ****? The past is the past, and it doesn't exist. Todd Bowles is the only coach that ever was and ever will be.

And while were at it, let's never again name those nameless nancies Brady and Belichick. After all, they are not Jets are they? No, so who gives a ****? Only current Jets talk around here.

Do you guys know what we really need around here? More Kellen ******* Davis threads. Joewilly, GET ON IT!

I can't wait until the Jets beat the Jets this weekend so we can move on and face the Jets in the Wildcard round. Jets V Jets Superbowl 50, here we come baby!

Since when did lobbying become responsible for the signings? All coaches lobby, but the general manager is responsible for the talent in the field.

Agreed.

Everyone around here is forgetting that the most important position in football is GM, and his most important duty is to reign in and ignore the whims of the idiot head coach.

It's all in the business.

Agreed.

Everyone around here is forgetting that the most important position in football is GM, and his most important duty is to reign in and ignore the whims of the idiot head coach.

It's all in the business.

If you don't have a HC who has the ability to evaluate talent, and work with the GM to shape the roster the way the HC wants to win, you have a major, major problem.

Tannenbaum's fault....

2010 Santonio Holmes, credit Rex.

2011-2012 Santonio Holmes, blame Tannenbaum.

Jets draft Sheldon and the line was Dumb Rex he just drafted another defensive player that doesn't even fit his system..Sheldon shines and it became great pick by Idzik.. Rex wasn't the only buffoon in town..LOL

Jets draft Sheldon and the line was Dumb Rex he just drafted another defensive player that doesn't even fit his system..Sheldon shines and it became great pick by Idzik.. Rex wasn't the only buffoon in town..LOL

No, he was just the Head Buffoon hence the title "Head Coach".

If you don't have a HC who has the ability to evaluate talent, and work with the GM to shape the roster the way the HC wants to win, you have a major, major problem.

The general manager is responsible for finding the right had coach as well. That is why everyone says idzik was handcuffed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Idzik was as big of a buffoon as Rex, and was only here because our biggest buffoon insisted on keeping Rex before hiring a GM, and any GM worth anything would not come. 

That said, Idzik and Woody being buffoons don't absolve Rex of his buffoonery.

Idzik was as big of a buffoon as Rex, and was only here because our biggest buffoon insisted on keeping Rex before hiring a GM, and any GM worth anything would not come. 

That said, Idzik and Woody being buffoons don't absolve Rex of his buffoonery.

Nor does it absolve some Jet fans from their buffoonery.:) 

Sixth and seventh round picks. Big story. 

Also, no one ever said Rex had no say in the draft/with the roster. 

Plenty of people insisted that Tex not be held accountable for roster influence. I didn't say it was a big story, but it's another proof point tied to several reoccuring Rex themes.

Plenty of people insisted that Tex not be held accountable for roster influence. I didn't say it was a big story, but it's another proof point tied to several reoccuring Rex themes.

Tex should be banned, a mod should get on that. 

You're a recurring Rex theme. 

But Rex shouldn't be held accountable for the roster. The GM is where the buck stops there, and should be making the final calls. It's his name on the draft. But no one ever denied that Rex had input, especially late. 

Non issue. 

Tex should be banned, a mod should get on that. 

You're a recurring Rex theme. 

But Rex shouldn't be held accountable for the roster. The GM is where the buck stops there, and should be making the final calls. It's his name on the draft. But no one ever denied that Rex had input, especially late. 

Non issue. 

Yeah, right.

Archived