Unusually and Exceptionally Nervous

JohnnyLV

I am having a really hard time waiting for the game. I am so excited for it, but also really fearful. I will not handle a loss well, and it just seems that the weather, Powell out, our history against Buffalo all make this a really dangerous game. I will break something if I see the Blowhard jumping up and down again and acting all smug if he beats us. Think we could be a real factor in the playoffs, but this game petrifies me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a really hard time waiting for the game. I am so excited for it, but also really fearful. I will not handle a loss well, and it just seems that the weather, Powell out, our history against Buffalo all make this a really dangerous game. I will break something if I see the Blowhard jumping up and down again and acting all smug if he beats us. Think we could be a real factor in the playoffs, but this game petrifies me.

SOJF

So, on one hand, you are very fearful about playing a 7-8 football team but on the other hand, you think the jets will be a real factor in the playoffs when they have to play real good football teams on the road?

Put Rex in the warper.

So, on one hand, you are very fearful about playing a 7-8 football team but on the other hand, you think the jets will be a real factor in the playoffs when they have to play real good football teams on the road?

Welcome to OUR world

This is it in a nutshell

](*,)

:crossfingers:

:badmood:

:bag:

I'm normally not like this but your words describe my feeling to a tee!!

Also maybe this is the year we get paid back for the Vinnie Helmet game!!!

Help me Jets......

Please win this Game!!!

☺️?

To get into the playoffs, we need 6 straight wins and an improbable Pittsburgh loss. We've won 5 straight, including completing a sweep of the Fins and thrillers over both the Giants and Patriots, and we got maybe the most improbable Pittsburgh loss of all. The only thing standing in our way now is a depleted Bills team coached by the Honky Tonk Man. In short, every supernatural force in existence is aligning for us to lose this game 16-13, and any Jets fan who claims to be anything other than scared sh*tless right now is a liar.

To get into the playoffs, we need 6 straight wins and an improbable Pittsburgh loss. We've won 5 straight, including completing a sweep of the Fins and thrillers over both the Giants and Patriots, and we got maybe the most improbable Pittsburgh loss of all. The only thing standing in our way now is a depleted Bills team coached by the Jonky Tonk Man. In short, every supernatural force in existence is aligning for us to lose this game 16-13, and any Jets fan who claims to be anything other than scared sh*tless right now is a liar.

^fake fan

To get into the playoffs, we need 6 straight wins and an improbable Pittsburgh loss. We've won 5 straight, including completing a sweep of the Fins and thrillers over both the Giants and Patriots, and we got maybe the most improbable Pittsburgh loss of all. The only thing standing in our way now is a depleted Bills team coached by the Jonky Tonk Man. In short, every supernatural force in existence is aligning for us to lose this game 16-13, and any Jets fan who claims not to be scared sh*tless over the next 25 hours is a liar.

a windy cold day and we have a noodle arm QB, a choke kicker and choke punter and have to play the RB who actually loses fumbles because the guy who never fumbles and scores from 30 yards out is hurt ?

we fell in love with a QB who doesn't make the killer mistake, even tho that has been his whole career ?

Our head coach has a track record of not doubling other teams weapons in favor of "playing our game?" and the other team only has one weapon left ?

we got this

To get into the playoffs, we need 6 straight wins and an improbable Pittsburgh loss. We've won 5 straight, including completing a sweep of the Fins and thrillers over both the Giants and Patriots, and we got maybe the most improbable Pittsburgh loss of all. The only thing standing in our way now is a depleted Bills team coached by the Honky Tonk Man. In short, every supernatural force in existence is aligning for us to lose this game 16-13, and any Jets fan who claims to be anything other than scared sh*tless right now is a liar.

If we lose this game, can I make a thread saying "Stop defending a Max 10 win QB"? lol. :-)

Be confident guys we are playing the best football we have in years we are a well balanced well coached team with a smart QB who is a leader unlike many times before this. 

We got this. 

This can't be stressed enough. Guy never mopes like Geno when things aren't going well. He puts the team on his back and carries them for awhile until everyone starts believing in themselves again.

Same can be said of Marshall & Decker.... no QUIT in those guys!

Love this team! Never thought I'd be saying that in TC.

I'm extremely anxious as well and to make matters worse, I have to watch the game on tape delay as my son has a wrestling tournament that starts at 1! Who plans these things on Sunday's?

Guys that would rather roll around on a mat with other sweaty guys instead of watching football. 

Funny how Rex signs Walter Powell and Greg Salas to the active roster last week!

Rex always thinks JAG's are going to be transformed in "Lightning in a Bottle" when they play their former team.

Unless he just signed them to make them Captains w/ IK for the coin flip.

Funny how Rex signs Walter Powell and Greg Salas to the active roster last week!

Rex always thinks JAG's are going to be transformed in "Lightning in a Bottle" when they play their former team.

Unless he just signed them to make them Captains w/ IK for the coin flip.

He forgot Clyde Gates.

Agreed, there's too much whammy voodoo going on. 

I don't think you could be a fan of any team and not be nervous about this game.  But the reality is the Jets are the better team and should win.  There's a reason the Jets are 10-5 and the Bills are 7-8.

Could they lose? sure (hence the reason for nerves) but the better team should win and usually does.

Exactly right.  It's funny because most Jet fans are (rightfully!) on such a high with this team.  But as Pittsburgh showed last week, "any given Sunday".  Even if we miss the playoffs, we won 10 games this year.  Of course I'll be upset in the short term but overall it was a very good year no matter what (though we'd better win tomorrow!)

I think within 5 minutes of the start of tomorrow's game we'll have a very good idea where this Jet team is heading.  If we come out looking flat we'll know we're in trouble.  If we look crisp then we should win as Buffalo is depleted.  I think the game will go down to the 4th quarter but I do think we're going to pull it out.  I'm thinking 17-13 Jets.

A playoff loss he can live with. A loss to Rex to get knocked out of the playoffs, not as much.

It is only natural to be nervous about any game much less everything riding on the season. we gave Buffalo 4 turnovers first game and still had the ball on the three yard line to win the game. We have the better team go out and do it.

Not for Jets.

But if Jets can choke at Buffalo, Steelers can choke at Cleveland. That's our only plan B.

txs  at least it will all be decided one way or the other with the early games

no rooting for the raiders !  lol

Archived