Fitzpatrick is What He Is: NOT A STARTER

Dcronin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have him back.....I hate how everyone turns on this team.....Back in August I had no expectations in this team....They provided a pretty entertaining 10 win season imho.

BTW Testeverde is my favorite Jet QB of alltime. :-)

I've been saying this all year, BUT this is not on him, not even a little bit.  IF the guy we pay franchise QB money to does his job the way he is paid to do it, AND the ******* WR's catch the balls, and EVERYONE else on the team who didn't show up to play until the 2nd Quarter did their jobs this game would have never been close, Fitz shouldn't have been put in that spot in the first place today.

Future no I don't want Fitz, BUT he completely earned my respect this season, I was on record as saying he was the worst QB the Jets ever had, and boy did he make me look like a fool, I am now a Fitzpatrick fan, he has almost everything you want in a QB, Guts, Heart, Leadership, but unfortunately not blessed with the skills of a prototypical NFL starter.

So please do not put this lose on him, this was a team effort to lose, and the guy making the money should take most of the blame, Darrelle Revis, he really choked it up today, and the rest of the D that is where the blame lies.

He hit Tompkins in the F*CKING HANDS for a winning TD...he is what he is, a tweener starter back up.  But he can win in this league.

I agree. I absolutely HATE Fitzpatrick right now, but I know I'll get over it....about a month after the SB. I would bring him back next season simply because of the dearth of QB quality out there. Fitz showed us all why he is a journeyman who has never made the playoffs - and probably never will - but he can be the bridge to Bryce Petty who may or may not be the next franchise QB. So pi$$ed right now as we all are.

He hit Tompkins in the F*CKING HANDS for a winning TD...he is what he is, a tweener starter back up.  But he can win in this league.

And the DB hit him in the hands and knocked it away.  

Sometimes, hard to believe, defenders make plays

Only whipped hurt fans think your 5th WR is at fault there

Yeah he's a journeyman everyone knew that. even his biggest supporters knew that.  The fact that he had a really good year never should have been a reason not to keep looking for a real franchise qb.

Fitz and the O will take all the blame but our defense which was supposed to be dominant didn't make any more plays than our QB did.  While we are tossing the QB under the bus there is lots of room for the high priced star defensive players, and the utterly atrocious special teams play.

Thompkins would have won the game there. 10-6 with a chance to make playoffs at the end is better than most of us expected pre-season.

Thompkins had that ball and just like the rest of the team, his concentration level was sup par. Fitzpatrick did the most to lose, but it was a total team effort, or should I say lack of effort.

I've been saying this all year, BUT this is not on him, not even a little bit.  IF the guy we pay franchise QB money to does his job the way he is paid to do it, AND the ******* WR's catch the balls, and EVERYONE else on the team who didn't show up to play until the 2nd Quarter did their jobs this game would have never been close, Fitz shouldn't have been put in that spot in the first place today.

Future no I don't want Fitz, BUT he completely earned my respect this season, I was on record as saying he was the worst QB the Jets ever had, and boy did he make me look like a fool, I am now a Fitzpatrick fan, he has almost everything you want in a QB, Guts, Heart, Leadership, but unfortunately not blessed with the skills of a prototypical NFL starter.

So please do not put this lose on him, this was a team effort to lose, and the guy making the money should take most of the blame, Darrelle Revis, he really choked it up today, and the rest of the D that is where the blame lies.

Aaa crap you are mostly right. I need some place to put my anger right now, and 3 picks, one in the end zone, just, oh man. But you are right.

3rd down defense truly lost us this game. First half is on the whole team.

What he is is the opening day starter next September-Geno Smith needs to be cut as soon as it is possible-I want all of Ryan's players gone-all of those guys who always say "We all love Rex, he's a player's coach" I want all of those guys gone. There were too many of them and just being in the same satdium as their old buddy was enough to turn them back into me-firsters. I want Jets TEAM players.

Thompkins had that ball and just like the rest of the team, his concentration level was sup par. Fitzpatrick did the most to lose, but it was a total team effort, or should I say lack of effort.

Nonsense.  He was hit on the hands by a DB just as the ball was hitting his hands. 

Great play by a DB.  Happens.  

What is it with some fans that think every play that doesnt work out is a fu(kup by a Jet

What he is is the opening day starter next September-Geno Smith needs to be cut as soon as it is possible-I want all of Ryan's players gone-all of those guys who always say "We all love Rex, he's a player's coach" I want all of those guys gone. There were too many of them and just being in the same satdium as their old buddy was enough to turn them back into me-firsters. I want Jets TEAM players.

Revis and quite a few others hugged Rex at the games end so are you are looking to replace quite a few guys..

Nonsense.  He was hit on the hands by a DB just as the ball was hitting his hands. 

Great play by a DB.  Happens.  

What is it with some fans that think every play that doesnt work out is a fu(kup by a Jet

Yeah, you cant blame Thomkins for that one. The DB knocked it out.

Fitzpatrick is the Jets leader ALL TIME for TD passes in a season.

Fitzpatrick's physical limitations (i.e. arm strength) killed him today. Arm strength is just as important to being able to pass accurately in bad weather as it is to throwing deep. Fitz's passes were fluttering all over the place today. 

We had a top 10 offense and won 10 games.  I don't want to hear about Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He did ok.  It's the supporting cast that needs to be better.  The Bills took away Marshall and Decker.  QBs not named Tom Brady can't get away throwing to Quincy Enunwa and Kenbrell Thompkins, with Ivory and Ridley as the receiving options out of the backfield.  That is pathetic.

Archived