Jets to Select 20th Overall

Morrissey

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a legitimate chance Brick might be gone, so, OT.

They will restructure his deal I believe.  I'd still draft OL though but not in the first round.  I believe pass rushing linebacker should be the play in the first round.  

I think either: 

a) Carson Wentz has an impressive senior bowl and combine, pushing him into the first round and the Jets will pick him and groom him for a year or 2 behind Fitz; or

b Offensive tackle. 

Jets have to start investing premium picks on the offensive side of the ball. 

If Elliot or another top back is available go there, maybe an OT, an ILB who is not a complete liability in pass coverage. That's where I go with the 1st pick. Stop with the pass rushing OLB we have 3 first round picks on the DL let them generate the rush.

Get a running back who is a legitimate receiving threat to be a safety valve for Fitzpatrick.  Bilal Powell's lack of durability was a huge reason this team is not in the playoffs.

I think Ivory's days as a full-time back might be over.  Just can't rely on someone who invites so much contact to stay healthy.

why is everyone bailing on Petty already....what the Jets think of him influences the pick a lot

no one is bailing a petty, you just dont put all your eggs in the basket of a raw 4th round pick.

the redskins were smart a few years back.  They took rg3 and cousins.  If one doesnt work out, you have a backup plan.

The Jets are in a good position here.  You take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round and letting that pick and petty battle it out to see who is the guy.

Not in the first round. Draft either RB, OL, or OLB.

I think he's the best QB coming out this year with my first impression. I dont think we'll have a shot at the two top OL and no way in hell I would go defense again in the first round. 

If Carson Wentz is sitting there at 20 I'd draft him. I dont expect him to be sitting there in the 2nd round when we pick. I dont consider it a reach when I think he's the best of the crop. 

They will restructure his deal I believe.  I'd still draft OL though but not in the first round.  I believe pass rushing linebacker should be the play in the first round.  

Brick is mad at te NFL about concussions. Feels betrayed. Because he saw a Fresh Prince movies or something...

The only thing I would draft on Defense is OLB if a good one fell .. But it has to be offense OL, WR,RB,QB you can't go wrong with a pick at either of these positions 

all offense all off-season. well, except for a pass rushing OLB....we need that. otherwise all offense all the time. get with the current day NFL program. you need to score ALOT

all offense all off-season. well, except for a pass rushing OLB....we need that. otherwise all offense all the time. get with the current day NFL program. you need to score ALOT

Agreed.  Which means our first offensive player will likely get picked in the 4th round.

no one is bailing a petty, you just dont put all your eggs in the basket of a raw 4th round pick.

the redskins were smart a few years back.  They took rg3 and cousins.  If one doesnt work out, you have a backup plan.

The Jets are in a good position here.  You take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round and letting that pick and petty battle it out to see who is the guy.

I'm ok with drafting a QB. but not in the 1st rd.

Archived