How are you feeling?

BallinPB

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next morning thoughts: I sometimes read the old(er) timers talking about the Jets "breaking" them to the point where they can't even get upset anymore. I think I'm there. I'm not really upset or annoyed, rather I've reached a point of acceptance with it. If, in the future, the Jets get good and win a title, I'll be happy about that, but it's not really a thought I carry. Usually, right after a season, I entertain myself by thinking about what steps the Jets need to take to improve, who they should draft, what free agents to bring in, which coaches to fire, etc. But there's none of that today. I don't really care what they do. I'm not counting the days until training camp. I'm not looking at draft prospects, or worrying about Bobby April. Old(er) fellas, I'm with you now. Cheers!

I'm pissed, but at the end of the day, I still need to pay my mortgage and feed my kid no matter what the Jets do, so it helps to keep things in perspective. At the end of the day, we improved 6 wins over last year with Ryan Fitzpatrick as our starting QB. Next year, Manning might retire, Brady will be a year older, we will hopefully improve and (big) maybe, we finally get a young stud QB. 

Larz you put is best sometimes. 

Another playoffs and no Jets 

Another Super Bowl Sunday and no Jets 

47 years and counting 

If your life hang on his notion, then I feel sorry for you. It's one thing to be disappointed, but you cling to this 47 years thing like a mantra. You probably have a room with the number 47 everywhere.

We had a great year and im so salty about yesterday this was the year! But im excited to see what Mac does this offseason. Need to build the oline and get a damn pass rusher! Our schedule next year is brutal but nothing we cant handle. 

Initially I was pissed and dejected.  But...

From the beginning of the season I figured on a 10 win season with the possibility of the playoffs, and I still thought we could beat the Bills down till the last INT. I feel ok with that, since this team still needed some parts and pieces to make a deep run. One important thing I take away from this is that I actually believed they could win, which to me is huge. Its been a long time since I felt that way about the Jets, so with some fat trimming and a few new parts, the future looks brighter than I thought.

Plus, Fitz gave this offense some vet leadership that it desperately needed to have stability to see what we needed in other areas. Stability was the key, and it helped the team go through the motions of maturing. Now they know what to focus on to get better, and get a QB for the future that we can get the long term stability from.

Had the defense got off the field when it counted, we could prolong the season ending threads/posts till next week IMO. Im more disappointed in this defense than anything else, since I THOUGHT they were up to the task. But....

If your life hang on his notion, then I feel sorry for you. It's one thing to be disappointed, but you cling to this 47 years thing like a mantra. You probably have a room with the number 47 everywhere.

I needed to build an extension to my house for room #47.  And just when the wife and I had completed the decor in #46.

Can you explain this karma thing you keep vomiting out?

This board and this fan base spent an entire offseason and regular season making fun of the Bills and pointing and laughing at Rex Ryan, not just the coach but the man too. The main forum has been dominated by any little thing that Rex and the Bills have said and done and here we are talking about next year because of none other than Rex Ryan and the Bills. 

We had posters bumping threads from months ago, gloating, laughing and making fun of other posters because of their opinion of Fitzpatrick.  Doing victory laps about being "right" and mocking anyone who disagreed.  And guess what happened on the most meaningful game the Jets have played since 2010?  Fitzpatrick sh*t the bed.

I liken this to texting your buddy at half time when your team is beating their team and then boom!  The comeback is on and your team loses. 

No different IMO.  It's karma coming back to haunt you.  That's what I'm vomiting about. 

Now, all that said, I like Bowles and think he's right for the team and would take him over Rex but you are you telling me you dont see the irony in all of this?

Next morning thoughts: I sometimes read the old(er) timers talking about the Jets "breaking" them to the point where they can't even get upset anymore. I think I'm there. I'm not really upset or annoyed, rather I've reached a point of acceptance with it. If, in the future, the Jets get good and win a title, I'll be happy about that, but it's not really a thought I carry. Usually, right after a season, I entertain myself by thinking about what steps the Jets need to take to improve, who they should draft, what free agents to bring in, which coaches to fire, etc. But there's none of that today. I don't really care what they do. I'm not counting the days until training camp. I'm not looking at draft prospects, or worrying about Bobby April. Old(er) fellas, I'm with you now. Cheers!

Meh - you'll care and participate because your an addict like the rest of us.  

That said, I felt no pain when this happened.  I'm so used it, it literally had zero impact on me.  If the Jets win sometime in my lifetime, cool.  If not, cool.  I gave up letting things I cant control get me down a long time ago.  Does it sting?  Sure.  Am I letting it get me down?  Hell no.  

Honestly this is the most depressed I've been as a Jets fan in a while.  Even more so than losing the AFC championship games.  I believe we are a better team than Buffalo but once again we lose twice in a season to them.  

I don't know if I'll be able to watch the playoffs this year after this loss.

i feel worse now.  i thought the jets really blew a great opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs. 

I was feeling much better than yesterday.  Then, watching NFL Network, I saw the Fitztragic pick in the end zone.  Just an awful throw.  The defender is right on Decker.  Now, I feel sad/semi-pissed again.

no sportscenter, no NFLN, no sports talk radio for me today.  

it's bad enough i have coworkers coming up to me and saying things like, "what happened to the those jets?" and i have to try and not tell them to go **** themselves.

Welcome to the club. Now to really pass the time in the off season play about 100 rounds of golf like me!

This board and this fan base spent an entire offseason and regular season making fun of the Bills and pointing and laughing at Rex Ryan, not just the coach but the man too. The main forum has been dominated by any little thing that Rex and the Bills have said and done and here we are talking about next year because of none other than Rex Ryan and the Bills. 

We had posters bumping threads from months ago, gloating, laughing and making fun of other posters because of their opinion of Fitzpatrick.  Doing victory laps about being "right" and mocking anyone who disagreed.  And guess what happened on the most meaningful game the Jets have played since 2010?  Fitzpatrick sh*t the bed.

I liken this to texting your buddy at half time when your team is beating their team and then boom!  The comeback is on and your team loses. 

No different IMO.  It's karma coming back to haunt you.  That's what I'm vomiting about. 

Now, all that said, I like Bowles and think he's right for the team and would take him over Rex but you are you telling me you dont see the irony in all of this?

Yup...Like 2008 when another hated former Jet Chad Pennington came in with a Miami team and kicked the Jets ass

Honestly this is the most depressed I've been as a Jets fan in a while.  Even more so than losing the AFC championship games.  I believe we are a better team than Buffalo but once again we lose twice in a season to them.  

I don't know if I'll be able to watch the playoffs this year after this loss.

It's not as devastating as several other Jets losses, but as my 70 year old father said when the game ended, "I'm running out of time."

We all are.  

Weak people have breaking points how about fans of teams that never made or won a Bowl?? It doesn't stop them from being fans does it.. How about a Rex sucks rant Tommy it will make you feel better..LOL

I went into this game knowing we would get Rex's team at its best. It is what Rex does best.  On the other hand, I also knew that we had professionals running our team now and if we could survive the initial emotional push that the Bills would come out with we could break them eventually and win the game and make the playoffs.  Problem was that Watkins made plays ALL GAME.  When we had momentum he made the play.  I am not saying that Revis sucks because to me, Watkins and Hopkins are the future of NFL WRs.  I wish we would have game planned better to eliminate him from their offense.  Our WRs, again, dropped some easy passes, maybe not as easy as they looked with the winds in Buffalo but catches that a pro should make.

In the end, this one stings... I feel for Fitz and Marshall as well.

Future is bright for us at least, we have decker and Marshal for the next couple of years and if anything the pics to end the season may make Fitz's contract negotiations easier.  Much easier I would think than if we went on a tear in the playoffs....  ahhhh, the playoffs....So mutha fckin close... Thompkins....Maybe...just maybe....

As I shared with another "old guy" on this board before snap 1 this year - "if we don't have a top 3 defense - we're not going anywhere anyway - this offense can be good but not dominating"

That's just how it played out. After 5 straight drafts of D linemen we're (barely) 2nd against the rush - but had the easiest schedule in the league.

And sadly many times had elementary run blocking make us look pedestrian at best. 

In where it really matters - points allowed - we were close to 7th but in reality 9th. 

D backfield has to get better - Cromartie is close to a liability, # 24 is maybe a "Good" status, Skrine will be toast as often as he shines.

The offense can win games without major overhaul.

Ivory, Powell, and a drafted back should be fine.

i would be nice to have better than Fitz  - but Fitz with a top 3 defense is in the play-offs and maybe deep into it.

No total overhaul needed - have to feel good about that.

Yup...Like 2008 when another hated former Jet Chad Pennington came in with a Miami team and kicked the Jets ass

at least Miami was playing for a div title and even had we won that day we wouldn't have made it.  yesterday was even tougher knowing it was a win and in scenario against a dead team.

It's just not worth it TS, the bottom line is we have an owner who is not respected enough by whoever runs the league to have his team being given an equal shot at getting to the top of the mountain. Woody Johnson is not a Rooney or a Kraft or a Mara. Somebody said it earlier, when the Jets opponents get on average a half a penalty per quarter  for the last 2 games of the season against division opponents-well it's not like you're naive enough to believe that the NFL isn't fixed. We totally outplayed New England last week but had to play a nearly perfect game to come away with a win  Someday it'll all come out and when it does we'll all remember so many games with refs like Walt Coleman's crooked ass crew robbing the Jets time and time again. The Refs are the ones 

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/new-york-jets?year=2015

I kind of feel this way, but I don't think it is the Jets, it is the NFL.  I appreciate that they want to take the head injuries out of the game, but a hero should be tough.  When I was a kid I remember old-timers like Concrete Charlie talking about how Deion should be wearing a dress and thinking - "Shut up old man!"  I liked to see the ball aired out. The difference between the guys I remember like Staubach and Bradshaw and now is shocking.  I remember sitting there watching Kellen Winslow getting carried off the field in Miami.  I can't imagine caring about the playoffs like that now.

Y.A_Tittle_2.jpg  VS resize_image.php?source_image_uri=http%3

This. It's odd that I'm over a loss like that in less than 24 hours. Woke up this AM, had my coffee and thought, oh well, that's just what the Jets do. Then my dog got happy I was awake and I remembered there's more important things in life than letting Woody Johnson and this joke of a franchise get to me anymore. In the words of Rust Cohle, because **** him, that's why.

I feel that football has bipolar like effect on me. Really high highs and really low lows. It's great when it's good but it's terrible when it's bad. I also think it would have been better if we got blown out as opposed to holding out hope. I shut off my phone last night and woke up every hour thinking about the game. That being said: like a crazy person would be I am optimistic of what the future holds. I think we're a couple pieces away and though we have a tougher schedule next year I think we will come back strong. Fan certainly is short for fanatic.

This. It's odd that I'm over a loss like that in less than 24 hours. Woke up this AM, had my coffee and thought, oh well, that's just what the Jets do. Then my dog got happy I was awake and I remembered there's more important things in life than letting Woody Johnson and this joke of a franchise get to me anymore. In the words of Rust Cohle, because **** him, that's why.

I used to spend hours cursing after a loss like this.  Now while Giants fans are taunting me, my first thought was "Damn, JN is going to be a real sh*t-show tomorrow."

Archived