Glennon

drdetroit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so too. 

But then again, given our QB situation he should atleast look alittle closer. 

Even with Fitz as the starter next year we need a viable back up.  Geno's not that guy and if Petty's not ready we need a backup.  One that can win if Fitz goes down, he's no spring chicken and plays recklessly.  Also would be nice to have a backup who if Fitz is playing lousy can step in and give the team a boost

Even with Fitz as the starter next year we need a viable back up.  Geno's not that guy and if Petty's not ready we need a backup.  One that can win if Fitz goes down, he's no spring chicken and plays recklessly.  Also would be nice to have a backup who if Fitz is playing lousy can step in and give the team a boost

Exactly. I think we should cut Geno keep Fitz as our back up and get a better QB. I think Glennon is better. 

The good thing about that is if we cant get Glennon we can draft Wentz and start Fitz again and let Wentz develop. Why the hell not? We need to do something in order to get this QB situation correct. 

Exactly. I think we should cut Geno keep Fitz as our back up and get a better QB. I think Glennon is better. 

The good thing about that is if we cant get Glennon we can draft Wentz and start Fitz again and let Wentz develop. Why the hell not? We need to do something in order to get this QB situation correct. 

I agree.  Maybe Glennon turns into the guy.  He played well enough in TB to warrant a tryout.  Petty is not a given, not even close at this point.  Have to have that Wolf mentality, draft a QB every year until you find one and your backup

I'm not trading for him with Gaily's offense

Why not? Its the perfect offense for his ability, even better than Fitz. 

He has a quick release, he can hit targets in stride, he's tall so he doesnt have to throw all side ways and such in order to deliver the pass and most of all he has one of the prettiest accurate deep passes in the game, which would help out with other talent such as Devin Smith who really couldnt get things going with Fitz given that Fitz isnt a deep passer strength wise and when he does throw the ball deep he's rarely accurate. 

I agree.  Maybe Glennon turns into the guy.  He played well enough in TB to warrant a tryout.  Petty is not a given, not even close at this point.  Have to have that Wolf mentality, draft a QB every year until you find one and your backup

Exactly. Glennon has been on some of the worst teams talent wise, he's never had a very good OC and his OC last year had to leave due to sickness I believe and didnt even fully install the offense. 

You put Glennon in a offense that can actually help him in terms of talent around him on offense while having in Glennon a guy who can assist in developing your younger WR's such as Devin Smith due to the fact that Glennon throws a beautifully accurate deep ball, something that Fitz couldnt do. 

Now granted, Glennon isnt running for many first downs, but he does have very good pocket awareness, given that it was on much display with that Bucs Oline when he was playing. and he keeps his eyes down the field at ALL TIMES. 

All anyone has to do is watch the mans tape to see what im talking about. Im not parading the guy to be the best ever, but there is most definitely talent in Glennon, for sure. 

Why not? Its the perfect offense for his ability, even better than Fitz. 

He has a quick release, he can hit targets in stride, he's tall so he doesnt have to throw all side ways and such in order to deliver the pass and most of all he has one of the prettiest accurate deep passes in the game, which would help out with other talent such as Devin Smith who really couldnt get things going with Fitz given that Fitz isnt a deep passer strength wise and when he does throw the ball deep he's rarely accurate. 

Because Glennon is a pocket passer with limited mobility, he's best in a pro-style play action offense.

Fitz kept a ton of drives alive with his feet this year, or atleast moving in the pocket often, which he excelled at. You need a QB with a little mobility and who can still deliver the ball down field.

Exactly. Glennon has been on some of the worst teams talent wise, he's never had a very good OC and his OC last year had to leave due to sickness I believe and didnt even fully install the offense. 

You put Glennon in a offense that can actually help him in terms of talent around him on offense while having in Glennon a guy who can assist in developing your younger WR's such as Devin Smith due to the fact that Glennon throws a beautifully accurate deep ball, something that Fitz couldnt do. 

Now granted, Glennon isnt running for many first downs, but he does have very good pocket awareness, given that it was on much display with that Bucs Oline when he was playing. and he keeps his eyes down the field at ALL TIMES. 

All anyone has to do is watch the mans tape to see what im talking about. Im not parading the guy to be the best ever, but there is most definitely talent in Glennon, for sure. 

I agree, the more the merrier.  Bring on the competition

Because Glennon is a pocket passer with limited mobility, he's best in a pro-style play action offense.

Fitz kept a ton of drives alive with his feet this year, or atleast moving in the pocket often, which he excelled at. You need a QB with a little mobility and who can still deliver the ball down field.

It comparison to Fitz? Yes. He's able to open up the offense given what he can do with his arm, not his feet. 

And though he's not known for scrambling for yards, I've seen this dude on numerous occasions use his feet to extend plays and throw DARTS. I can provide you with a few examples if you like. 

It comparison to Fitz? Yes. He's able to open up the offense given what he can do with his arm, not his feet. 

And though he's not known for scrambling for yards, I've seen this dude on numerous occasions use his feet to extend plays and throw DARTS. I can provide you with a few examples if you like. 

I don't need you to provide me examples. I am not trading picks or players for people who do not fit the current scheme.

I hope we trade for him or draft Carson Wentz and possibly Bercovici with our late round picks, but Bercovici has to play the Petty role and sit a year. 

I would even sit Wentz if we could get Glennon. 

yeah we really need to attack this qb situation trading for Glennon isn't enough draft a qb also

The main issue is this roster has 1, maybe 2 years before the window closes.  Fitz had a good year statistically but so would anyone throwing to Marshall and Decker.  We need to upgrade at qb.

As far as the people who think Glennon sucks they're also the same people who thought Winston was 100% lock to bust and Mariota was the next Aaron Rodgers.  I'm not losing sleep.

Archived