CUT THEM OR KEEP THEM

CobraVerde

Lets go.

Cut/Trade: 

Ivory: I know he had his first 1000 yard season but every year Injuries haunt him at the worse time. It's one thing if he is injured at the begining of the season and another when hes hurt when you need him at the end. His style only lasts as long and he wont be healthier or younger next year.

Riddley: there was a reason NE cut him.

Richardson- Dead weight. Didnt need him for the first 4 games and when he came back we started to slide and actually never recovered. stats say we put a lot of pressure on the QB but i didnt see it, did you? A lot of the 3 and outs were luck and the other team messing up. I expected his return would bolster the team but the Defense took a step back. Trade him for a great TE or and RB. or send him to Cleveland and get Johnny Manziel to backup Fitzpatrick. 

Cromartie- It's time to let go. Thanks Cro. Its been nice.

Kerley,& all the WR's except Marshall and Decker- Kerely is done. Useless on Special Teams and You dont know the names of the other WRs and that is a problem.

the TE's- Do we even have TE's on the roster? Come on. get somebody that can block and pass catch and get us out of 3rd and 6+

the kicker: Folk was hurt and this guy just missed way too many times so gonna have to look to a new kicker. But seriously do not spend a first round on the kid from FSU i dont care how good he is. 

Special Teams Coach: ST was atrocious this year. Westoff needs to hand pick someone.

GENO SMITH: cut him once and for all. Replace him with Manziel.

Keep:

Oline played surprisingly good this year. They gave Fitzpatrick time though did crumble at times. Another year together should be good but they prolly have to start thinking of a few replacements.

Marshall & Decker: they surprised me and turned out to be the main attraction. They need a speedy slot guy that can be the deep threat. Kerly

Powell: We now know that when healthy he is a force. We are 9-3 with him in the lineup.

Fitzpatrick- I never bought into Fitzmagic for this reason. But he did play a hell of a season and earned the starting job for next. But get Manziel in NY to back him up. 

Gaily: Unfortunately as much as i hate to say it you have to keep Gaily for another year. Jets had their best offense in franchise history this year and you have to hope he eventually learns consistency. He seems to realize things way too late and im not sure if Bowles is getting involved or not. Id like to know.

Stopped reading at Manziel. Seriously?

Richardson is dead weight, and er Southold sign Manziel. Lmao.

Well then give me your ideas. I didnt say bring in Manziel to start. I said to replace Geno as the backup. Why is that bad? Your just part of the group of people that blindly doubt the kid,

Well then give me your ideas. I didnt say bring in Manziel to start. I said to replace Geno as the backup. Why is that bad? Your just part of the group of people that blindly doubt the kid,

Manziel sucks.

How do I know this? Because my eyes work. 

Why? as a backup? again another person blinded by the media..

The idea behind a backup Qb is that he might have to play a game one day. A decent backup is a guy like TJ Yates, not Johnny Manziel. Not to mention he can behave in Cleveland, Ohio. Imagine what NYC would do to him. 

THANK YOU. Finally, intelligence.

To clarify, I would cut Geno in order to keep Fitz as our back up. I think he's a better back up guy than Geno, but we need to find ourselves either a better QB via trade or if we cant then we can draft a rookie QB and atleast have Fitz to fall back on. 

Though I didnt like the way Fitz ended the season I cant take away the 10 games we won with him at the helm. I do however believe we have to make an effort to find a QB. 

Can't even take the thought of Johnny Manziel as a Jets QB. He would drink NY dry. I agree that Kerley is done as is Cromartie. The Jets need to take a cue from Dallas and draft a stud O-lineman. They can drop Ridley as far as I am concerned, he is dead weight. Richardson makes plays at times, then makes bonehead plays, then disappears only to reappear at a later time. I would like to see more consistency from my D-lineman. Special teams needs Westhoff to come back to show them how it is done. ST needs the most work because the Jets have no one that even remotely frightens anyone.

2016 FREE AGENTS

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

PLAYER (23)
POS.
TO
2015 CAP 
STATUS
Muhammad Wilkerson DE 26 NYJ TBD $6,969,000 UFA
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 33 NYJ TBD $3,250,000 UFA
Chris Ivory RB 27 NYJ TBD $2,750,000 UFA
Damon Harrison DT 27 NYJ TBD $2,356,000 UFA
Calvin Pace OLB 35 NYJ TBD $2,250,000 UFA
Bilal Powell RB 27 NYJ TBD $2,000,000 UFA
Demario Davis ILB 26 NYJ TBD $1,686,490 UFA
Antonio Allen CB 27 NYJ TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Jaiquawn Jarrett FS 26 NYJ TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Leger Douzable DT 29 NYJ TBD $1,200,000 UFA
Darrin Walls CB 27 NYJ TBD $1,075,000 UFA
Stevan Ridley RB 26 NYJ TBD $1,031,250 UFA
Benjamin Ijalana LT 26 NYJ TBD $760,000 UFA
Stephen Bowen DE 31 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Willie Colon G 32 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Jamari Lattimore ILB 27 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Chris Owusu WR 25 NYJ TBD $660,000 UFA
Kellen Davis TE 30 NYJ TBD $625,000 UFA
Zach Sudfeld TE 26 NYJ TBD $585,000 RFA
Erin Henderson ILB 29 NYJ TBD $585,000 UFA
Ryan Quigley P 25 NYJ TBD $585,000 RFA
Kenbrell Thompkins WR 27 NYJ TBD $378,529 RFA
Randy Bullock K 26 NYJ TBD $310,588 UFA

Can't even take the thought of Johnny Manziel as a Jets QB. He would drink NY dry. I agree that Kerley is done as is Cromartie. The Jets need to take a cue from Dallas and draft a stud O-lineman. They can drop Ridley as far as I am concerned, he is dead weight. Richardson makes plays at times, then makes bonehead plays, then disappears only to reappear at a later time. I would like to see more consistency from my D-lineman. Special teams needs Westhoff to come back to show them how it is done. ST needs the most work because the Jets have no one that even remotely frightens anyone.

#APPLAUSE I worry about NY eating him alive too specifically media but i wonder if Bowles can reign him in with his demeanor. If Rex was our coach I would say hell no. But I think Bowles can settle him into the back up role. Special Teams yes was atrocious.

2016 FREE AGENTS

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

PLAYER (23)
POS.
TO
2015 CAP 
STATUS
Muhammad Wilkerson DE 26 NYJ TBD $6,969,000 UFA
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 33 NYJ TBD $3,250,000 UFA
Chris Ivory RB 27 NYJ TBD $2,750,000 UFA
Damon Harrison DT 27 NYJ TBD $2,356,000 UFA
Calvin Pace OLB 35 NYJ TBD $2,250,000 UFA
Bilal Powell RB 27 NYJ TBD $2,000,000 UFA
Demario Davis ILB 26 NYJ TBD $1,686,490 UFA
Antonio Allen CB 27 NYJ TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Jaiquawn Jarrett FS 26 NYJ TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Leger Douzable DT 29 NYJ TBD $1,200,000 UFA
Darrin Walls CB 27 NYJ TBD $1,075,000 UFA
Stevan Ridley RB 26 NYJ TBD $1,031,250 UFA
Benjamin Ijalana LT 26 NYJ TBD $760,000 UFA
Stephen Bowen DE 31 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Willie Colon G 32 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Jamari Lattimore ILB 27 NYJ TBD $665,000 UFA
Chris Owusu WR 25 NYJ TBD $660,000 UFA
Kellen Davis TE 30 NYJ TBD $625,000 UFA
Zach Sudfeld TE 26 NYJ TBD $585,000 RFA
Erin Henderson ILB 29 NYJ TBD $585,000 UFA
Ryan Quigley P 25 NYJ TBD $585,000 RFA
Kenbrell Thompkins WR 27 NYJ TBD $378,529 RFA
Randy Bullock K 26 NYJ TBD $310,588 UFA

Demario Davis should prob EAD.

I resign Snacks and Ivory. Franchise MO.  Let Powell walk and draft a rb in rd 1 or 2 to replace him.

I'd let Ivory walk. Bring back Powell. Draft a RB in round 2, 3 or 4 to come in and split time. Lots more wear and tear on Ivory and will cost more. Don't ever draft a RB in round one. Unless it's an AP clone. 

Archived