Quigley and April should be ex-Jets tomorrow

Sully28

I've never seen a Special Teams unit so inept, they begged all year for a chance to blow a game for the Jets. I also find it hard to believe that there hasn't been anyone available this season that would be an upgrade over  Quigley. 

We picked up Folk after he went 64% on his FGs and got cut in Dallas.  I see him touted often, but he was only 81% f(13/16) or us this year and ranked almost last in the NFL touchback percentage.... yet somehow is set to make $1.8 million next season as one of the highest paid kickers in the league?!

I've never seen a Special Teams unit so inept, they begged all year for a chance to blow a game for the Jets. I also find it hard to believe that there hasn't been anyone available this season that would be an upgrade over  Quigley. 

Quigley is finished. I also dont ever want to see Kerley return a punt, not just because of today, but like Quigley, Kerley isnt a special teamer in that capacity.

Im not too sure on April because quite frankly wtf did he have to work with? 

Quigley is finished. I also dont ever want to see Kerley return a punt, not just because of today, but like Quigley, Kerley isnt a special teamer in that capacity.

Im not too shore on April because quite frankly wtf did he have to work with? 

I know Devin smith muffed a couple but I'd like to see him in that opportunity because he has the kind of moves and speed you want in a player returning on special teams, that or draft a guy similar to Lockett. I guess it isn't entirely fair to can April considering Quigley is the worst punter in the NFL and kerley is probably the worst punt returner in the NFL. Coverage which sucked all year though, is on him in my opinion.

The coaching staff and the gm should be gagging on this one really good because Quigley has been puke bad since he has been here.  His preform,ance in this game was a normal performance and it is totally on the team for not upgrading mid season. 

Folk will be back. Punter should be upgraded. Talent on specials will one with more successful drafts in the later rounds. Jets injuries hurt special teams all season. Revis and Prior out? Means players like Walls and Miles get taken off of specials and replaced with lesser guys. Have to draft better in rounds 3-7 to find guys to contribute. Hopefully they can find a RB or WR that is adept at returning kicks but can also provide a dynamic to the offense in the draft. 

I know Devin smith muffed a couple but I'd like to see him in that opportunity because he has the kind of moves and speed you want in a player returning on special teams, that or draft a guy similar to Lockett. I guess it isn't entirely fair to can April considering Quigley is the worst punter in the NFL and kerley is probably the worst punt returner in the NFL. Coverage which sucked all year though, is on him in my opinion.

I'd rather not indulge in the experiment. We need to get a returner who's actually returned punts/kickoffs. We need to get Devin Smith familiar with being a WR first before we start adding more to his plate. 

The drafting someone similar to Lockett im in total agreement with. 

Bullock (13/15) was 87% .... which was better than the older, more expensive and weaker legged Folk's (13/16) 81%.

Bullock also had a touchback percentage of 67% vs Folk's 62%.

Yet, Folk is 3x the price??  No way.  Spend that money on Bullock and some offensive fire power.

I'd rather not indulge in the experiment. We need to get a returner who's actually returned punts/kickoffs. We need to get Devin Smith familiar with being a WR first before we start adding more to his plate. 

The drafting someone similar to Lockett im in total agreement with. 

well the only reason I like Devin smith in that role is because he did it and did it well at Ohio State but I get what you're saying the guy needs to focus on panning out as WR for this offense that was essentially a two man show in the passing game. For how little these late rounders pan out, we should be able to pick up an established punt and kick returner in the draft, it's definitely worth the pick and roster spot, I mean just watch the cardinals Seahawks game today, a good return game is a game changing aspect for a team and it's something we completely lacked this season.

Agreed.

Special teams cost us at least 2 wins, and you could argue they contributed to several other deficits in games, including today.

April should have been gone months ago.

well the only reason I like Devin smith in that role is because he did it and did it well at Ohio State but I get what you're saying the guy needs to focus on panning out as WR for this offense that was essentially a two man show in the passing game. For how little these late rounders pan out, we should be able to pick up an established punt and kick returner in the draft, it's definitely worth the pick and roster spot, I mean just watch the cardinals Seahawks game today, a good return game is a game changing aspect for a team and it's something we completely lacked this season.

I didnt know Smith returned punts/kickoffs in college. 

Kerley should be gone as well. He's been useless at every position that he's played at. 

Yup, there's a good handful of guys on this roster that once cut, will open the door for role players that actually have a job they do for this team weekly. Right now, we have several Tanny/Idzik/Rex holdovers that are just roster fodder. It showed itself mid-season when injuries hurt us, and again today, specifically on offense.

Bullock (13/15) was 87% .... which was better than the older, more expensive and weaker legged Folk's (13/16) 81%.

Bullock also had a touchback percentage of 67% vs Folk's 62%.

Yet, Folk is 3x the price??  No way.  Spend that money on Bullock and some offensive fire power.

what's the extra point conversion percentages?

Agreed.

Special teams cost us at least 2 wins, and you could argue they contributed to several other deficits in games, including today.

Both games we played the Bills specials teams cost us the game and then against the Eagles nobody tackled Sproles.  Fire everyone in special teams.  

Quigley has got to go. He has become comically predictable in his shanks. Always when the team needs a big one out of the endzone, this douche bag nails 21 yarders. The Jets have no one on special teams KR or PR that even remotely frightens anyone and April makes no adjustments at all.

not only the kicker, but the return guys.  the jets specials were giving away points all year. 

probably even factored into belicheats OT decision, he figured the jets punt team would gag and give him field position

Quigley shanking that punt which led to a Bills TD cost us the game yesterday. 

And the vaunted defense held the Bills to a FG after that right - no of course not,  they let Tire Rod ramble for a TD.

Defense has to step up and bail out the mistake there and they didn't.

And the vaunted defense held the Bills to a FG after that right - no of course not,  they let Tire Rod ramble for a TD.

Defense has to step up and bail out the mistake there and they didn't.

Field position has killed us all year Bowles being the stubborn man he is stuck with Quigley when he should  have been cut 

Field position has killed us all year Bowles being the stubborn man he is stuck with Quigley when he should  have been cut 

I don't care who your punter is , its inevitable your going to hit a clunker with a 30 MPH swirling wind. Now I'm not absolving Quigley he had his fair share of bad punts throughout the year. But good teams/defenses overcome those mistakes and limit teams to a FG at best in those situations.  The D came up small when they were needed most.

I don't care who your punter is , its inevitable your going to hit a clunker with a 30 MPH swirling wind. Now I'm not absolving Quigley he had his fair share of bad punts throughout the year. But good teams/defenses overcome those mistakes and limit teams to a FG at best in those situations.  The D came up small when they were needed most.

The Bills go the ball on the 25 yard line thanks to the shank.

This was such a TEAM effort pinning this on any individual is ridiculous. We kept going backwards in the 1st quarter & you all knew it wasn't going to end well! From the runs for -2 yards, to the dropped passes, to the Decker 1st down being brought back for stepping out of bounds, the 1st two punts were OK, but we all knew it was coming when Quigley was kicking out of his own endzone. The entire game was just a clusterf*ck of bad plays! bad blocking! bad drops! penalties on 3rd & 4th downs, Revis & his 10 yard cushions for Watkins? Watkins was 70% of the Bills offense vs our 16 million dollar CB? Wut? 11 for 136 by a WR that in truth was their only REAL WEAPON for us to scheme against is unforgivable. It should be asked by the beat writers "how does that happen?", didn't we learn anything from the Hopkins debocle? I feel like we didn't go down swinging, I felt the Bills controlled the game again, just like the 1st one but with 3 of their best players out? Really sad.

Quigley has been fing awful for the last two years.  The jets get what they deserve keeping that mook around.  Someone will trot out all his pretty inside the 20 stats and see he does that kicking from mid field while other kickers do it from their own friggin 30 it seems.  Worse yet he saves his most awful punts for kicking from our goal line,  We also need a legit plan for return guys as well.

Archived