Still proud of this team

CanadienJetsFan

After last week's victory, I posted how proud I was with this team.

Regardless of today's loss  that feeling hasn't changed.  In one short year, this franchise went from being a laughing stock, to one of the most respected organizations in the league. 

Yes, today's game stings and will continue to hurt for the next few days. But once the dust settles, we will all realize that the glass is half full, not half empty with this team.

Macagdan and bowles have lots of decisions to make over this off-season. Whom to sign, whom to release, etc.

Im quite sure that they've already begun talking about it. a loss like todays tells you a lot about the intestinal fortitude of your personnel. With that in mind, there's no doubt in my mind  that they will cut the weakest links, perhaps sign a free agent or two, and lastly sign Fitzy for the next 3 years or so. I am convinced that they will be a team to reconn with next year.

As a long time sufferring Jets fan, all I ask of them is to play hard and compete game in, game out. And even though today's 1st half had us all saying here we go again, the team fought back in half #2. Yes, Fitzy did wet the bed today but I'm not going to blame him exclusively for today....they ALL wet the bed collectively....but hey, sh*t happens sometimes. 

On to next year. Go Jets!

The problem is that we don't know if we will be in this position again next year or ten years from now...the thing that hurts is that we let an opportunity slip through our hands...I think we've learned that you can't expect anything in this league...we were fortunate to stay healthy this year but who knows going forward..hope we can make some improvements and truly compete for a division next year

After last week's victory, I posted how proud I was with this team.

Regardless of today's loss  that feeling hasn't changed.  In one short year, this franchise went from being a laughing stock, to one of the most respected organizations in the league. 

Yes, today's game stings and will continue to hurt for the next few days. But once the dust settles, we will all realize that the glass is half full, not half empty with this team.

Macagdan and bowles have lots of decisions to make over this off-season. Whom to sign, whom to release, etc.

Im quite sure that they've already begun talking about it. a loss like todays tells you a lot about the intestinal fortitude of your personnel. With that in mind, there's no doubt in my mind  that they will cut the weakest links, perhaps sign a free agent or two, and lastly sign Fitzy for the next 3 years or so. I am convinced that they will be a team to reconn with next year.

As a long time sufferring Jets fan, all I ask of them is to play hard and compete game in, game out. And even though today's 1st half had us all saying here we go again, the team fought back in half #2. Yes, Fitzy did wet the bed today but I'm not going to blame him exclusively for today....they ALL wet the bed collectively....but hey, sh*t happens sometimes. 

On to next year. Go Jets!

+1 - I am with ya.

The loss sucked but this team is definitely a work in progress. Just because they could have clinched a playoff spot does not mean that they were ready for this type of game. Arguably, their two best offensive players (Fitz and Marshall) have never really be in this type of moment. I hope they  and the team grow from this next year. They won 5 of 6 which was sort of a small miracle considering that they really did not play that great during the stretch (had to come from behind in most of the games). They were clutch in this run but just could not deliver a truly magical 11-5 season...disappointing for sure but I feel fairly good about the year.

Indeed the  future looks bright and maybe this team  exceeded expectations ,but expectation change very fast this team should've been in the playoffs.we will be fine. Need a home run type RB and a bad ass edge rusher in the draft.

The problem is that we don't know if we will be in this position again next year or ten years from now...the thing that hurts is that we let an opportunity slip through our hands...I think we've learned that you can't expect anything in this league...we were fortunate to stay healthy this year but who knows going forward..hope we can make some improvements and truly compete for a division next year

That's sports for ya.

Also, this team has not had a winning season in 4 years prior to this year. There are many young players who were never in this type of game before...that also include Fitz and Marshall. They need to learn HOW to WIN. Hopefully, this is a stepping stone.

I'm proud that they fought back from 5-5, but I expected them to be a legitimate wild card contender in the first place. This isn't exactly a young team. It's been built through free agency. No moral victories here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with the glass half full point of view.  The problem is that its very hard to see the Jets having a better team next year, given the choices and money that was spent.

Its hard to see b/c at least several important pieces will likely leave and the ones the Jets keep will be expensive.  It's hard to see b/c the Jets probably aren't going to get as lucky with injuries, or have as easy a schedule, or have 2 major flops in the division as well as the perennial bully being extremely vulnerable b/c of the amount of injuries they had to deal with.

The secondary and OL are aging fast and will not be as good as this year's performance unless they spend what little money is left over in FA after Fitz and Mo and Snacks.  Its hard to see how the qb will repeat his net performance again next year.

In fact, its pretty depressing when you think about it.  Given how badly the NFL has been this year, and how relatively good so many of our 'normal' problem areas played, that the Jets didn't make the playoffs is just pretty crummy.  

The Jets will still be a good football team next year, b/c well we payed for it, but our future is less bright than it was when there was 50+ million dollars and a blank slate like last year.   We should have followed the longterm fiscally disciplined Idzik plan and not the win now mentality that leads to better shortterm results, but that mortgages the future to do so.

Few but the most sunshining fans really believed we would be 10-6 in the end and anybody would be hard pressed to prove they thought we could be 10-6 and sitting outside of the playoffs. So I think you have to be proud of where this team has come from where it was one year ago unless you are just looking for a reason to be miserable.

Bowles is not a perfect coach and he is primarily the reason why we are stuck on the outside looking in but he's also a first year head coach who had the absolutely unexpected situation of having lost his starting QB and a young defensive player during training camp. The true test will be how he learns from his mistakes this year.

Fitzpatrick is not a perfect QB and he desperately needs to learn to slide but he's had one of the best years of any Jets QB and aside from 2-3 games he has done everything we could ask of a QB. He has at least earned a returning spot on this roster.

It sucks that we didn't hit the playoffs this year but there is so many reasons to be optimistic about what next year can bring.

What slipped through their hands?  Are you seriously thinking they had a chance at the Super Bowl?  This was a one and done or two type team.  They weren't built to win a SB this year, theyre being built to win consistently.  

If you dont think they can get back to the playoffs for 10 years fire everyone today

Easiest record in the league.

Beat one team with a winning record (and a hell of a lot of injuries in overtime)

Have no youth at the skill positions (Fitz, Marshall, Decker, Revis) 

It's a day to be proud!!!!!

Except for those of us who see reality......

We have to tear down and rebuild the entire team during the Bowles era, and we are a year behind.

I disagree with the glass half full point of view.  The problem is that its very hard to see the Jets having a better team next year, given the choices and money that was spent.

Its hard to see b/c at least several important pieces will likely leave and the ones the Jets keep will be expensive.  It's hard to see b/c the Jets probably aren't going to get as lucky with injuries, or have as easy a schedule, or have 2 major flops in the division as well as the perennial bully being extremely vulnerable b/c of the amount of injuries they had to deal with.

The secondary and OL are aging fast and will not be as good as this year's performance unless they spend what little money is left over in FA after Fitz and Mo and Snacks.  Its hard to see how the qb will repeat his net performance again next year.

In fact, its pretty depressing when you think about it.  Given how badly the NFL has been this year, and how relatively good so many of our 'normal' problem areas played, that the Jets didn't make the playoffs is just pretty crummy.  

The Jets will still be a good football team next year, b/c well we payed for it, but our future is less bright than it was when there was 50+ million dollars and a blank slate like last year.   We should have followed the longterm fiscally disciplined Idzik plan and not the win now mentality that leads to better shortterm results, but that mortgages the future to do so.

If they draft well, they will continue to get better.  If they don't, they won't.

Easiest record in the league.

Beat one team with a winning record (and a hell of a lot of injuries in overtime)

Have no youth at the skill positions (Fitz, Marshall, Decker, Revis) 

It's a day to be proud!!!!!

Except for those of us who see reality......

We have to tear down and rebuild the entire team during the Bowles era, and we are a year behind.

We beat two teams with winning records (NE and Houston). 

I believe we have a lot of youth (Decker is not old, Smith, Enunwa, Williams, Pryor, Powell (again not old) and of course the obvious studs along the DL. We certainly have to get younger at OL and LB, but you can't have a loaded team at all positions.

I am glad you have the insights to see reality that many others cannot. Reality is often subjective. Some people focus on the negative, others the positive, while others see both. Life is not all or nothing, there are some grays. 

Archived