2.  Bilal Powell

3.  Antonio Allen

4. Jamari Lattimore

Franchise:

Mo Wilkerson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how many FA they will sign.  I think there is a good chance Ivory and Snacks are gone.

2 reasons, #1 they can't keep them all

#2, I think they want to start getting some extra comp picks in the draft, so I don't know how many FA they will sign.  Players who were cut, sure, but not true FA.

I'm not convinced that there will be a lot of cap dollars to sign very many free agents.  Every DL and lB we have will be FAs except those we drafted last year and Harris.  I know we can gain some space by releasing Cro and reworking D'Brick and Mangold but after resigning Wilk and Fitz, I think we will be strapped to fill all the FA departures.

Confused by what you mean here because he had 1400 yards this year.

He was the best player on that offense and has always been a very good pass catcher out of the backfield also a good pass protector yet when the Buc's fell behind Lovie thought it a good idea to sit Martin on the bench. I knew this because he was my fantasy back so I would watch the games he played in and shake my head when he would be on the bench for extended periods of time when his team was behind. He's young and we already know trying to extend RB's careers usually does not work once they hit that 30 mark its pretty much down hill so why not lean of these guys for all its worth to win games. If Lovie wanted Sims to be the third down back that's fine but his best player should not have been on the bench on 1st and 2nd down and he was at an alarming rate.

I fully understand fantasy football has nothing to do with scheme but your best player needs to be on the field. He has some games with very nice averages catching the football with multiple targets . Then he has like 5 games in a row with 1 target in each and 12 games with less than 3 targets a  game sorry but that makes no sense for a losing football team

Aaron Rodgers (starter), Drew Brees (backup), Andrew Luck (developmental)

See how easy it is to replace Fitz?

Aaron Rodgers had a worse year than Fitz and had a fumble returned for a TD along with an interception in the red zone at the end of the game with a shot to tie it up in his teams biggest game last night losing while only putting up 13 points I guess he's a back up too ? He must have forgot how to throw all those terrible receivers open I guess. You know he also forgot that he makes his receivers pro bowlers since they can't possibly do it on their own..If he was a Jet this board would be running him out of town claiming he was washed up. True story 

For the record Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL IMHO but this just proves you can't do it alone yet some idiots on this board thought if he was our QB he would have elevated the games of Gates and Schiliens

Some solid names on the list, but it's hard to figure out why you're signing two CBs. I'm assuming you cut Cro, but after that only Walls is a FA. I could see one FA signed, unless you're done with Milliner and are taking the 4 million dollar salary cap hit. Would have to see the other side of your offseason (cuts, trades, etc) to fully make sense of this wish list. 

Doug Martin too much ?> wonder what he wants to be paid because idiot Lovie Smith has no idea how to use him.

Roughly a 75 % chance Martin suffers a major injury this year.  You just don't hand big money to free agent RB's.  RB needs to be addressed in the draft. 

Instead of Doug Martin, how about Lamar Miller from Miami? He's always been underutilized in Miami, but he always has a high YPC and would bring some speed to the offense. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/lamarmiller/2533034/profile

If we can afford him then yasssssss lmao. We're gonna be strapped for cash after paying Wilkerson and Harrison but I love Miller

I happen to think we can fill our RB need via the draft this year and resign Bilal Powell .

I see no real option at edge rusher via the draft, so we need to steal someone even if it mean losing a player from our defensive line .

We need to add another WR but I would prefer someone like Braxton Miller who can be developed as a replacement for Decker down the road.

1st  round : Options include RB, CB,  OT, Trade down.

2nd round : Options include LB, CB and  RB

3rd round : Devontae Booker

4th round :Trade down

4th round : Braxton Miller

5th round : Trade down

5th round : Kenyon Drake

6th round : acquired via 4th round trade down

7th round : Jets pick

7th round : acquired via 5th round trade down

There will be some really solid running backs in the draft in the mid rounds. There is no need to spend free agent money on any of them except to bring Powell back, because he should come cheaply. Big money is going to be spent elsewhere, no need to spend it at a position like running back.

He was the best player on that offense and has always been a very good pass catcher out of the backfield also a good pass protector yet when the Buc's fell behind Lovie thought it a good idea to sit Martin on the bench. I knew this because he was my fantasy back so I would watch the games he played in and shake my head when he would be on the bench for extended periods of time when his team was behind. He's young and we already know trying to extend RB's careers usually does not work once they hit that 30 mark its pretty much down hill so why not lean of these guys for all its worth to win games. If Lovie wanted Sims to be the third down back that's fine but his best player should not have been on the bench on 1st and 2nd down and he was at an alarming rate.

I fully understand fantasy football has nothing to do with scheme but your best player needs to be on the field. He has some games with very nice averages catching the football with multiple targets . Then he has like 5 games in a row with 1 target in each and 12 games with less than 3 targets a  game sorry but that makes no sense for a losing football team

I actually know what you mean, I just moved from Tampa and was forced to watch the games. Never really watched them intently but you're right. It felt like Martin almost never played in the 3rd quarter, after killing it in the first half. 

If he was getting his young guys reps while acknowledging they're not making the playoffs/Martin is gone, that's fine. It's another thing if you're trying to wing ames.

Aaron Rodgers had a worse year than Fitz and had a fumble returned for a TD along with an interception in the red zone at the end of the game with a shot to tie it up in his teams biggest game last night losing while only putting up 13 points I guess he's a back up too ? He must have forgot how to throw all those terrible receivers open I guess. You know he also forgot that he makes his receivers pro bowlers since they can't possibly do it on their own..If he was a Jet this board would be running him out of town claiming he was washed up. True story 

For the record Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL IMHO but this just proves you can't do it alone yet some idiots on this board thought if he was our QB he would have elevated the games of Gates and Schiliens

You nailed it. But reading some of these posts, it's just unreal. The whole team played badly yesterday.

Ryan Fitxpatrick is a 33 yr old Journeyman QB who just had a Career yr on a team playing arguably the easiest schedule it will have in the next 2 years going forward . What does this fan base think is the likelihood of this player having as good a season or better going forward based on his career prior ?

Instead of Doug Martin, how about Lamar Miller from Miami? He's always been underutilized in Miami, but he always has a high YPC and would bring some speed to the offense. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/lamarmiller/2533034/profile

Lamar and Martin may both carry a high price tag I guess its up to who Macc and Bowles want to keep going into their first real year for FA and Draft we may see some guys get cut and traded that might very well surprise us. But yeah I like Lamar only difference between him and martin is Martin is more of a bull and gets a lot of yards out of nothing probably the most in the NFL in that category while Lamar has the breakaway threat they will both be very similar in their numbers with the same amount of touches

I don't know how many FA they will sign.  I think there is a good chance Ivory and Snacks are gone.

2 reasons, #1 they can't keep them all

#2, I think they want to start getting some extra comp picks in the draft, so I don't know how many FA they will sign.  Players who were cut, sure, but not true FA.

need to resign snacks

Ryan Fitxpatrick is a 33 yr old Journeyman QB who just had a Career yr on a team playing arguably the easiest schedule it will have in the next 2 years going forward . What does this fan base think is the likelihood of this player having as good a season or better going forward based on his career prior ?

with a RB and TE and a viable 3rd receiver I fully expect him to have a batter year. he played QB basically throwing to 2 guys all year long because he had nothing else then when Powell came back and had some burst Fitz turned it into elite levels and I fully expect he can continue that if we keep the same personnel and add to the few weaknesses we currently have. If he does not continue to play well then obviously he's not the guy but you don't just give up on him because our team sucked yesterday and everybody expected Fitz to pull off yet another miracle in terrible weather conditions for throwing the football ...no QB can do that not in those kind of winds.

There will be some really solid running backs in the draft in the mid rounds. There is no need to spend free agent money on any of them except to bring Powell back, because he should come cheaply. Big money is going to be spent elsewhere, no need to spend it at a position like running back.

agreed there's no need to start trying to play fantasy football

of course that goes both ways. No one ever allows for the pathetic weapons Geno had to deal with, ever. It us just "he sucks" when he is a 2nd year player that had nothing to work with, and an OC and HC that were I'll suited to him. While no one is allowed to mention that Fitz success was largely 2 healthy jumbo receivers Gailey and an easy schedule. 

So who are you replacing him with? Geno Smith? Which QB are you drafting this year that will step in Week 1 and start? Which available FA is a better option than Fitzpatrick? Matt Moore, Chase Daniel, Matt Cassel? Do you think you can afford Sam Bradford under the cap? Will he stay healthy? Is he that much of a step up from Fitzpatrick.

Resigning Fitzpatrick is a no brainer. Hes our best option and hope either Petty or another QB drafted this year will develop into the long term answer. After dealing with Sanchez and Geno since 2009, Ill take Fitzpatrick with his 31 TDs/15 INTs , 3905 yards any day

of course that goes both ways. No one ever allows for the pathetic weapons Geno had to deal with, ever. It us just "he sucks" when he is a 2nd year player that had nothing to work with, and an OC and HC that were I'll suited to him. While no one is allowed to mention that Fitz success was largely 2 healthy jumbo receivers Gailey and an easy schedule. 

I always pointed at the weapons every single year. When the Bears initially got Brandon Marshall I was screaming all over this board to bring him in here to make Sanchez better and we did nothing but add morons like Plaxico and Holmes. I felt Sanchez had some promise and that he was grossly mismanaged but I just did not feel the same way for Geno because I saw some things in Geno that made me feel like he was playing scared I never saw that in Sanchez, I saw Stupid but not scared. A scared QB will NEVER make it in this league . Sanchez was a gutty player Geno simply was not. We may vary on those opinions but the one thing we can't deny is that they both played terrible at times and I guess we will never know the true answer but I'm leaning toward it being more the players themselves and not the weapons. The other problem Geno and Sanchez had were the pre snap reads they were absolutely terrible, you thought at some point they would "get it " but they never did and while watching Sanchez in Philly it seemed he fit much better there and he did better in his first season with Kelly than he did here but they never gave him the chance to take it to year #2 they signed that other scared POS Bradford.

I always pointed at the weapons every single year. When the Bears initially got Brandon Marshall I was screaming all over this board to bring him in here to make Sanchez better and we did nothing but add morons like Plaxico and Holmes. I felt Sanchez had some promise and that he was grossly mismanaged but I just did not feel the same way for Geno because I saw some things in Geno that made me feel like he was playing scared I never saw that in Sanchez, I saw Stupid but not scared. A scared QB will NEVER make it in this league . Sanchez was a gutty player Geno simply was not. We may vary on those opinions but the one thing we can't deny is that they both played terrible at times and I guess we will never know the true answer but I'm leaning toward it being more the players themselves and not the weapons. The other problem Geno and Sanchez had were the pre snap reads they were absolutely terrible, you thought at some point they would "get it " but they never did and while watching Sanchez in Philly it seemed he fit much better there and he did better in his first season with Kelly than he did here but they never gave him the chance to take it to year #2 they signed that other scared POS Bradford.

Lots of fans point to the beating Sanchez took vs the Ravens as the beginning of the end, that he played scared from that point forward. 

I never saw that much tell tale happy feet from Sanchez.  Bradford stood in and took a beating in a lot of Eagle games.  A byproduct of Kelly turning QBs into RBs and being allowed to be hit. 

Geno was given no chance, none.  He should never have started his rookie year, when he had no one, and his second year he had a semi-healthy Decker. 

I don't know how well he has the (Chad) intangibles.  Can he command a huddle, can he get players to follow him.

I think offensive line is still a big issue. They stunk yesterday and haven't been very good all year.

Depth at receiver. Marshall and Decker are among the best 1-2 combos in the league but we're precariously thin after that. A major injury to either of those guys and we'd be screwed.

At RB I'd bring Ivory back but only at the right price. I think you definitely bring Powell back. He proved his worth in his absence. The offense was very different without him.

QB you bring back Fitz as long as you don't break the bank on him. Bring in a backup to replace Geno, too.

On D I think you just  continue to draft and develop guys. I like the overall defensive talent. I'd add a pass rusher (which I've said every off season since 2005) but other than that no horrible glaring holes.

And agreed on punter. We HAVE to be able to do better than Quigley, who flat out sucks and has cost us in critical moments multiple times.

with a RB and TE and a viable 3rd receiver I fully expect him to have a batter year. he played QB basically throwing to 2 guys all year long because he had nothing else then when Powell came back and had some burst Fitz turned it into elite levels and I fully expect he can continue that if we keep the same personnel and add to the few weaknesses we currently have. If he does not continue to play well then obviously he's not the guy but you don't just give up on him because our team sucked yesterday and everybody expected Fitz to pull off yet another miracle in terrible weather conditions for throwing the football ...no QB can do that not in those kind of winds.

These guys want us to cut Fitz, and hope for Petty. Or sign some worthless castoff, because Fitz sux. Laughable.

Archived