Jets players hug Rex after the game

FlaJetsFan

Call me crazy or a sore loser, but I think when you play for the Jets -- especially in a game that had as much bad blood as this one, and with so much riding on the outcome -- that you don't go out and give hugs and little kisses to the palooza who just ruined your season.

I almost threw up when I saw these pics in the Post this morning.  Walking out of the stadium after yesterday's game alongside Ryan, not your own coach?  Hugging this fat f*** after he beat your sorry a**?  

In my opinion, any player who engaged is this sort of behavior is either a clueless dork or a turncoat vying for a job with the Bills next season.

I don't want any Rex bootlickers on our team.  I only want to see players who will squash this fat turd's team to kingdom come next year.

So to all the bootlickers on the Jets' current roster:  ..... I hope Mike Maccagnan goes after each and every one of you (I understand there were about 20 players who engaged in this despicable, stomach turning behavior) and shows your sorry a**ses the door either through trades or cutting you outright this coming off-season.

No more Rexonian bootlickers going forward.  A purge is needed to rid this team of any Rex-induced cancerous deadenders who remain in our locker room.

I want there to be no question as to where your allegiances are, if you are a Jets player.  I don't care if you didn't realize how this looked; you are history in my book, whoever you are.   Basically I only want steely eyed assassins who will go for the jugular each and every game next season, especially in games against their former coach.

It must have felt like an absolute slap in the face for Coach Bowles to watch these bootlickers scurry over like little schoolgirls to hug Rex after their disastrous peformance.  In case you did not realize this, bootlickers, it is Coach Bowles, not the fat t*** in Buffalo, who coaches you, and it is the Jets who pay your salary.  Failure to realize this should have immediate consequences.  You showed Coach Bowles and us Jets fans and your own team no respect through your turncoat actions.

Shame on you.

You're either all in as a Jet, or you are out.

Coach Bowles' (and Mac's) job of instilling a winning all-in attitude on this team will not be complete until every last turncoat, on-the-fence C.Y.A. bootlicker is shown the door, the sooner the better.

rrrr1.jpg

fitztragic3.jpg

It's foolish to think and then to say it out loud that anyone who shook hands or hugged the toe licker should be cut, but WTHBS the one thing I noticed yesterday was how the Jets defense mysteriously morphed into it's old ways of

1-not being able to make a crucial 3rd down stop

2-getting a penalty to give them a first down

3-in the biggest game of the year failing to make any big stops

4-making a scrap heap 1-2 read QB look like Fran Tarkenton again and again and again.

It was the Pittsburgh and Indianapolis games all over again with a lot of the same players still letting the same things happen, just like they ALWAYS seemed to do under Ryan. I literally still feel like puking.

There will be threads addressing who we think should stay and who we think needs to go-especially on defense with that "loser-can't-get-off-the-field-mentality" . I hope we have seen the last of #'s 91, 31, 97. as well as #4 as New York Jets. I think that Richardson can garner us either a couple of players or draft picks

Call me crazy or a sore loser, but I think when you play for the Jets -- especially in a game that had as much bad blood as this one, and with so much riding on the outcome -- that you don't go out and give hugs and little kisses to the palooza who just ruined your season.

I almost threw up when I saw these pics in the Post this morning.  Walking out of the stadium after yesterday's game alongside Ryan, not your own coach?  Hugging this fat f*** after he beat your sorry a**?  

In my opinion, any player who engaged is this sort of behavior is either a clueless dork or a turncoat vying for a job with the Bills next season.

I don't want any Rex bootlickers on our team.  I only want to see players who will squash this fat turd's team to kingdom come next year.

So to all the bootlickers on the Jets' current roster:  ..... I hope Mike Maccagnan goes after each and every one of you (I understand there were about 20 players who engaged in this despicable, stomach turning behavior) and shows your sorry a**ses the door either through trades or cutting you outright this coming off-season.

No more Rexonian bootlickers going forward.  A purge is needed to rid this team of any Rex-induced cancerous deadenders who remain in our locker room.

I want there to be no question as to where your allegiances are, if you are a Jets player.  I don't care if you didn't realize how this looked; you are history in my book, whoever you are.   Basically I only want steely eyed assassins who will go for the jugular each and every game next season, especially in games against their former coach.

It must have felt like an absolute slap in the face for Coach Bowles to watch these bootlickers scurry over like little schoolgirls to hug Rex after their disastrous peformance.  In case you did not realize this, bootlickers, it is Coach Bowles, not the fat t*** in Buffalo, who coaches you, and it is the Jets who pay your salary.  Failure to realize this should have immediate consequences.  You showed Coach Bowles and us Jets fans and your own team no respect through your turncoat actions.

Shame on you.

Coach Bowles' (and Mac's) job of instilling a winning all-in attitude on this team will not be complete until every last turncoat, on-the-fence C.Y.A. bootlicker is shown the door, the sooner the better.

rrrr1.jpg

fitztragic3.jpg

This post right here is why it's highly stupid for fans to project their own voluntary allegiance to a team onto the players who are, to put it bluntly, independant contractors who are simply employees of these teams. At best you come off as some unhinged moron who places sports WAY too high on your list of priorities.

When the game is over, over 100 emotionally charged men who have been beating on each other for the past 3 hours have to immediately "come down" & move on from being a barbarian. When the gun sounds it's simply the end of their workday and they can go on being themselves, not who YOU want them to be. It's their job & that's all it is to the majority of them. Perhaps you should take a cue from them.

This post right here is why it's highly stupid for fans to project their own voluntary allegiance to a team onto the players who are, to put it bluntly, independant contractors who are simply employees of these teams. At best you come off as some unhinged moron who places sports WAY too high on your list of priorities.

When the game is over, over 100 emotionally charged men who have been beating on each other for the past 3 hours have to immediately "come down" & move on from being a barbarian. When the gun sounds it's simply the end of their workday and they can go on being themselves, not who YOU want them to be. It's their job & that's all it is to the majority of them. Perhaps you should take a cue from them.

one if the most well written and astute posts ever. 

This game we love is played by real people with real feelings. Like or not, Rex went to bat for most of the players on the Jets roster.  Good HC or not, win or lose, it doesnt change how you feel about the person and that is what you saw on the field after the game.

Shame on you.

fire todd bowles

todd.jpg

QFT. Bowles must be cut. Bowles isn't following Bowles' winning attitude by losing to Rex twice in one season. And, Bowles' haphazard allegiance to himself was on full display with this hug after the game. 

I believe in sportsmanship and I really hate when players run off the field without acknowledging their opponent.  As far as Rex is concerned, many of the players were close to him and there is no reason why they couldn't have spoken to him or even hugged him.  At the end of the game, end of the day, they are all just people.

During the game, I saw Rex pat Fitz on the butt after a rollout completion he made on the Bills sideline.

Fitz didnt turn around and drop kick him and I was like, what????

Fitz is still highly respected (liked) here in Buffalo and it looks like the friendship between Rex and Fitz is still solid.  Personally,  I like to see friendly gestures between rivals.

Fitz is still highly respected (liked) here in Buffalo and it looks like the friendship between Rex and Fitz is still solid.  Personally,  I like to see friendly gestures between rivals.

I do too.  I was kidding and making fun of such a stupid thread.

Congrats on your win!  I watched the game next to a Bills fan yesterday.  He was all class.  Didnt care if it were the Jets or Steelers who made it, as long as they beat the Pats.

We stand united!  lol

I do too.  I was kidding and making fun of such a stupid thread.

Congrats on your win!  I watched the game next to a Bills fan yesterday.  He was all class.  Didnt care if it were the Jets or Steelers who made it, as long as they beat the Pats.

We stand united!  lol

LOL -  I am a little naive, tend to take words at their face value.   Thank you for the congrats.   I didn't anticipate a Buffalo win.  Needless to say,  I was surprised.  I'm with you,  anyone but the Pats. The Jets had  a good year.  I've been searching the web all day,  checking for news on the release of players, coaches.  I would love to see Mike Pettine back here in Buffalo.

LOL -  I am a little naive, tend to take words at their face value.   Thank you for the congrats.   I didn't anticipate a Buffalo win.  Needless to say,  I was surprised.  I'm with you,  anyone but the Pats. The Jets had  a good year.  I've been searching the web all day,  checking for news on the release of players, coaches.  I would love to see Mike Pettine back here in Buffalo.

Not sure that can happen with the way him and Rex parted ways.

Archived